It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan Weather

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I too live in Michigan... have for over 10 years... and I have to tend to agree with the OP...

Maybe mother nature is going through menopause?

With all the recent volcanic, seismic activity... whose to say whether or not the weather is due to this spike in 'geological activity'?

[edit on 16-7-2009 by Adroc]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Originally posted by aleon1018
reply to post by visible_villain

Aren't those just from jet planes? I'm confused. I don't see that and I'm in Michigan.

If I know VV

He's saying that those contrails are chemtrails

Hey, Oz ! Good to see you.

You've got me wrong, dude !

I do think these 'jet trails' are being used to reflect incoming solar radiation back into space, but I won't go so far as to say that they are 'chem-trails' intended to deliberately poison the human population.

Actually, some of your threads in general and one in particular was intrumental in the establishment of my current position on the matter.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by visible_villain

That was mentioned on the news and when fuel prices were higher, less planes..I was afraid temperatures would than go too high. Global cooling could than also be artifical. Not sure what the percentage of effect was though.

If the increase in solar winds or whatever grounded planes, this could get really bad...I would think.

I've only lived in Michigan for 6 years, but close to the beach. Being on disability, I guess I don't recall the past 6 years so much, especially, since I don't have to drive to work.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by aleon1018]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
I was born in 1962 and have lived in Michigan all of my life. Growing up right up to the early 80's our weather was the same as it has been since recorded Michigan history.

We have harsh winters with lots of snow and hot humid summers. Until sometime in the 80's it all changed. We suddenly had very minimal winters and spring and fall had disappeared it would go from winter to summer without any transition, this has been going on until about three years ago.

The change in our winters the past 25 years has been weird enough. These past three though have been really bad. The winters suddenly became really harsh. Very long with record lows and record snowfall.

Whats worst is the past two summers have been very cool. Last year it didn't feel like summer until early July, after a really long harsh winter.

This year summer still hasn't quite set in we should be having heat int the 90's with hot arid nights. It has been so cold at night you can see your breath. The days are in the 50's to 70's with mostly rainy days. We have had some leaves changing color in our backyard that are in the afternoon shade of our house! They started changing color last week.

Too many strange anomalies have been going on to even begin to explain here. Our weather has become intensely erratic to the point that its becoming a bit alarming.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by LoneGunMan]

I also Live in Michigan and I have noticed something too but what I think it is is that the cycles of seasons are shifting very very slowly and now we don't have our 4 solid concrete seasons but a blend of the all..

The winters are not what I remember from my childhood.......Spring is almost non-existent.........Summer weather used to start in late may and now it does not start until July..........Fall will start later this year probably and the winter will be bland.....

The seasons are not as distinct anymore and are just kind of a mesh of blahhh....

Only way I can describe it but yes Something is definitely different...

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
BTW I live in SE Michigan so I wouldn't know about Northern weather as much...

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chemley
I think that a measure of "alarm" is warranted here. The weather is "out of its tree" so to speak. I am in Iowa. We are a bit luckier here I suppose. If I was a planetary doctor (which I am not) I would say take a holistic approach. In other words, let us consider many of the factors.

Do you remember the last time that your local meteorologist showed you the jet stream? Thought not.

Extremely lazy person, so you will have to do your own research but let us consider:

Land rising overnight in Alaska
African rift appearing in minutes
Tsunamis
Many new Earthquakes
Large tornadoes in northern places
Anomalous tides in Puerto Rico and Maine
Extreme heat in Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas, not to mention Miami
etc, etc...

Well, there you have it. It IS extremely weird right now. Next step, let us figure out why...

I think that we are witnessing a jet stream that is very extreme north to south, coming up behind the plains and diving down before it gets to Michigan.

Oh, and go Hawkeyes, the Wolverines are toast this fall just like 85!!!

Best to you!

Speaking of other weird weather....We had a tornado touch down in SE Michigan where I live and that never happens....

I think it happened once maybe 10 miles away since I've been born and all of the sudden it hits within 2 miles like 2-3 weeks ago.....

The wind was like a Hurricane....at least 60 mph winds.....

Soo bad it pushed water through cracks under brand en shingles and through cracks in wood and we had 5 seperate water floods of various sizes plus power out for 2 days straight from that....

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
We've already confirmed that the weather has been wacky around here....

Have you guys heard the birds chirping at night? I'm talking like...midnight to 3am... chirping their heads off like it was sunrise...

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

You're not alone, this summer has been cold here in ME, and NH. I have worn shorts 3 times so far, and right now it's 50 degrees out!! We too should be in 80-90's. I feel like it's fall out! My husband also has talked to a friend in Ohio and they said it's cold out there too. Something weird is going on?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I've lived in SW Michigan for 41 years, and I agree that our weather here has been much cooler for July than is "normal". On the news, they said July 1 was the coldest day since 1918. But that should tell you something right there--we had freakish cold weather in 1918, and I'm sure that wasn't part of man-made climate change or some government plot or whatever. Anyway, this is Michigan. If you don't like the weather, wait 15 minutes...

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Yup yup. Here in NY too. All sorts of strange. It rained almost every single day for 2 months. The only time we broke 90 degrees was back in April (had an unsual heat wave for about a week where it was sweltering!)
. It might break 80 today. If it does, it will be the first time all summer, which is crazy because NY is usually hot and humid all season long. Now all it does is rain and once in a while we get a sunny day.

I'm hoping that September and October will be nice. I figure if the climate is changing, we should eventually get a few months of nice weather.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Charis
Anyway, this is Michigan. If you don't like the weather, wait 15 minutes...

Haha, I got a kick outta that.

Not only is this cooler than a "normal" July... but it definitely seems that the winters here have also been taking a turn over the past 10 years or so...

Sucks for the kids in the SE part of Michigan though... not nearly as much snow as when I was young!!

Oh yeah.... "global warming."

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by serenesupreme

I would say this is proof it is not a local phenomenon. It seems like whatever your normal weather is it is like a character of itself. It has become so intense you cant help but to notice it.

This has been happening worldwide. As if whatever is your local norm has been injected with steroids. To see it as anything else is to be in denial.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
wow, didn't realize there were so many of us from michigan on here...don't feel so alone anymore

Here in Flint, it's been about the same as what all of you have been saying. Although, maybe my memory is bad, but some of you are saying there has been a lot of rain and I don't recall a whole lot this summer...maybe a drizzle here and there with maybe a total of 5-10 "rainy" days. The weathers goin crazy

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Once a year we get a special insert in the local paper about our weather here, which shows the average temps, precipitation, etc. in relation to previous years' averages. Looking over that, you can see a lot of extreme weather conditions occurring in previous years. Instead of anecdotal stuff like what ya'll are talking about on here, it actually shows the data recorded by the meteorologists. It'll say stuff like last year was the 31st coolest summer on record, or last year was the 50th wettest or whatever. In that context, it doesn't sound very dramatic or exciting.

I do agree with everybody here that we've had cooler than normal summer weather, but it seems to me the precipitation and other factors have been about average. And last winter was plenty cold and snowy, a little stormier than what we usually get. If memory serves, last summer was completely normal.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I completely agree with the OP. I grew up in the greater Detroit area in the 90's and we would have weeks of 90+ degrees. Now there is maybe 2 90 degree days all year. My little kids have a kiddie pool and they hardly ever get to use it. Half the time I half to fill it with warm water.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Some of those years in the '90's were above average for summer temps. You can't use them for comparison.

We had plenty of hot days last summer, and the summer before last...
In fact, a few years ago I finally gave my husband the thumbs-up on buying an air conditioner, having gone most of my life without one. Of course, we are not using it today. It is more like Autumn weather than Summer here, with temps in the 50's and 60's. However, I am not going to draw any conclusions about what is causing this abnormally cool weather.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

My dad was born in 1951 and he says the exact same thing. The last few years, he has been saying, "this is how the winters used to be". I remember a few summers in the mid-late 90s where the weather was down right cold. Very few days in the 80s let alone 90s. It would be sunny and then brief rain then back to sunny again.

I can make no claim as to what causes these weather fluctuations but they are not imagined. Natural weather change certainly happens but to think that man made influences are having absolutely no effect on the environment is silly. I'm actually less concerned about carbon release and more concerned about the vast amount of harmful chemicals that are being put in the environment. Carbon can be absorbed by plants, can all the other synthetic chemicals be absorbed? Some of the man made chemicals have never existed on this planet and there are not mechanisms to handle them.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by virraszto
I'm in SE Michigan too, about 45 min south of Detroit. I remember a couple of years ago, it snowed the beginning of May. I remember because it was on my daughters Birthday. It seems to me that the cotton from the neighbors cotton wood trees fell late this summer. Everything seems to be out of whack.

Also, last year, I didn't get my garden started until mid June. I usually get it going the last week of May. This year I was able to get things out 15 May.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by virraszto]

I remember that snow in may, where I'm at it was 8-10 inches, didnt last long but thats a lot of snow for that late in the year.

I also feel ya on the garden thing. We didnt get ours in until a week into june! Usually I am able to get it in the 2nd week of may(to be safe).

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Weather in Poland has also gone completely out of wack. Last few winters were anything but winters. I seemed that the seasons have shifted. This Nov. was the warmest on record. Seemed like Spring.

Now Winter has finally come with extra vengeance !!!! Ohhhh, there is no Swine Flue problem here, in case you guys hear that it is a Pandemic in this part of the World. It seems to be one in TV and Newspapers though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join