It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's with the Opposite Threads?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I've been noticing a lot of opposite threads appearing on ATS.

For example, one thread is titled "We are all aliens" then you see another one come up right after titled "We are all humans".

Then you have another thread titled "David Icke and Swine Flu" and you find yourself shortly after with a thread called "David Icke Is Poo".

It sounds like there's some sort of a "conspiracy" going around to oppose developing discussions with short stops.

This is how it works:

Person 1 types about how he found an alien artifact.

Person 2 follows right after with a thread titled alien artifacts don't exist.

This is so that Person 2 can cancel out thread by Person 1 to make his own thread the center of attention, so that the "important" info of Person 1 doesn't reach a large amount of people. Or people will see the thread of Person 1 in a different non-positive perspective.

Don't you find it a bit odd how we see that on here lately?

Are all the opposite threads trying to cancel the first thread? Probably not, but then again who knows...

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Yes, I do see this often. I guess it is better than having the same threads posted. It seems like the idea that one person has gets thought about in reverse, and poof a new thread. Opposite, same. Ying yang. I have no clue. Maybe people are running out of ideas.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
If the first thread becomes sucessfull, the second thread has hopes too as well, to attract members to it.

Thus the second one is looking for points flags, whatever.

Although, sometimes someones statement put into the main thread get's little or no notice at all.

So they make a new thread stating why the first thread is ignorant, I feel it's quite appropriate in that deal.

You have no idea how tempted I was to make a thread in opposition to this one!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by bobbylove321

First off you misquoted my thread title

And secondly, why do you care so much if there is a thread that presents an opposite opinion to yours or someone elses?

Last time I checked, there was no rules about restricting posts so that only one persons point of view is shared...because that just promotes ignorance

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
It's flag quest 101

Can't get that pretty participation bar different colors unless you make dozens of threads that get flagged.

Opposing view threads get flags just as well as any others.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I agree completely, there is a clear showing of these opposing threads you mention.

I'd chalk it up to good old jokes, but I too have noticed an abundance of them.

Perhaps, your dead on, seeing as how with some threads, and the very serious threat of disinformation, you have to wonder, who is going to war with who.

wanna see how many examples we can come up with bobbylove; really get this ball rolling?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobbylove321
I've been noticing a lot of opposite threads appearing on ATS.

For example, one thread is titled "We are all aliens" then you see another one come up right after titled "We are all humans".

Then you have another thread titled "David Icke and Swine Flu" and you find yourself shortly after with a thread called "David Icke Is Poo".

It sounds like there's some sort of a "conspiracy" going around to oppose developing discussions with short stops.

This is how it works:

Person 1 types about how he found an alien artifact.

Person 2 follows right after with a thread titled alien artifacts don't exist.

This is so that Person 2 can cancel out thread by Person 1 to make his own thread the center of attention, so that the "important" info of Person 1 doesn't reach a large amount of people. Or people will see the thread of Person 1 in a different non-positive perspective.

Don't you find it a bit odd how we see that on here lately?

Are all the opposite threads trying to cancel the first thread? Probably not, but then again who knows...

If you think that disagreements are a sign of a conspiracy, I suggest you never watch CSPAN. It's full of people arguing both sides of an argument. Congress must be one giant conspiracy. If you think the original threads are genuinely compelling, why would you be worried that the mere existence of opposing thread is a terrible?

new topics

top topics

join