It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone here twitch

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Sounds dumb but I know I'm not the only one. Just when you about to drift do you start to twitch?

A hand or leg or anything? I find this to be really weird and it's getting worse..

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
sometimes i do...its more or a limb jerk though. it wakes me up, often its a good thing.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
When sleeping your body prevents you from acting out your dreams. Sometimes when dreaming or being slightly awake this fails to work, and yes your arms and legs can kick about.
Happened to me many times.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I know when it starts i'm just a few minutes from sleeping. Last week I must have punched the wall because I woke up with two swollen knuckles...

Thing is there getting stronger lately. in amplitude that is..

If i'm not careful I'll put a hole in the wall...

[edit on 15-7-2009 by 22-250]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Occasionally when I'm "Falling asleep" , I know my 23 Month old does when he's sleeping (usually during rem) my Lady does every night when she's falling asleep ... My Dog Sniffs , runs & barks in his sleep.

This isn't my dog , but it's basically how he looks when he's doing it. - Minus the Ending

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
ROTFLMAO.. that is too funny..

Hope I don't do that !!

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

I've yet to know any women that do that when they sleep. Kinda makes me wonder if the dog is having some type of seizure.

Some medications are said to do that and some may do that long after you stop taking them also.
I usually have that when I'm trying to go to sleep. Usually in my legs and belly, which is really annoying like when you throw up. My arms used to twitch about 3 years ago.

to the OP: You might do a search on it along with other side effects.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by aleon1018]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

It doesn't seem to cause her any harm because she sleeps right through it ,I'm usually the one that gets harmed by a kick (she must dream she's a ninja or something) as for medication, she doesn't take any. It's amusing more than anything , I mean after 5 years I'm kinda used to it.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I get the belly thing also, flop up in the air like fish !!!! LOL

It is weird I twitch all over in all different ways..

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
HA HA I remember from my premed class about this subject and here is what is posably aleing you.

It is called Hypnic jerk

Hypnic or hypnagogic jerk is an involuntary myoclonic twitch which occurs during hypnagogia, just as the subject is beginning to fall asleep. Physically, Hypnic jerks resemble the "jump" made when a person is startled.[1]

Often accompanied by a falling sensation,[2] it is commonly caused by irregular sleep schedules

And here is the wiki article for you as well

Hypnic Jerk

or it could be Myoclonus which is far far worse I would go see an MD about this I am sure it is the first thoe but I am not yet an MD so go see one

Myoclonus

[edit on 15-7-2009 by SPC_D]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I'm surprised some videos make it on to world's funniest videos. Although this one was funny, I feel sorry for the dog. Dogs that growl at their twitching leg.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 22-250

There may also be parasite infections that can cause that.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
i get this wierd twitch in my chest sometimes....when it happens, its constant, over and over and drives me absolutely bananna sandwich

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SPC_D

I'm going to check out the links, thanks..

[edit on 15-7-2009 by 22-250]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SPC_D

Yeah, I recall young children having that when they were fighting sleep or overtired. I've been overtired when I was older and it's scary.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Sometimes and most often when this happened I was attending college and I would switch sleep schedules I would do this in fact this is what caused me to switch my majors from the it field to premed and I am glad I did but sadly, I am stuck here in the army waiting for my time to be up so I can finally go to med school.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by aleon1018

I've yet to know any women that do that when they sleep. Kinda makes me wonder if the dog is having some type of seizure.

Some medications are said to do that and some may do that long after you stop taking them also.
I usually have that when I'm trying to go to sleep. Usually in my legs and belly, which is really annoying like when you throw up. My arms used to twitch about 3 years ago.

to the OP: You might do a search on it along with other side effects.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by aleon1018]

That didn't look like a seizure to me. It looked like he was having a dream involving an ice cream truck.

Humans are not the only animals that sleep walk / run / eat / shop etc..

(the last one is a true story swear to god)

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I twitch while im awake, the eye happens a bit and othertimes its different little zones on by body. I can actually annoy my wife by putting the part of me say my arm thats twitching on her. Its strange because it seems localised not big like the sleep twitchers.

Oh and funniest video ever. Poor doggy

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AR154

Don't you just hate it when that happens. Not so long ago I dreamt that I was playing football and I was about to let rip with a 30 yard screamer, but instead ended up kicking the radiator beside my bed. (Ouch- ####)

Speaking of ouch, I bet that poor dog got a shock.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by kindred]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Man o man, that poor dog.

I get the eye twitches once in a while too... usually when I'm really tired.

I've woken myself many times just before sleep with a twitch or during a dream. Usually the dream ones involve me swinging at the fences when I first wake up (which usually ends up with me falling off the bed and laughing).

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join