It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why men really prefer blondes. The psychology behind it.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I personally prefer the dark brown/black hair.. I don't think I have ever been especially attracted to a Blonde (unless she's smokin hot ya know, but hair color has nothing to do with that)

I would also prefer red hair over blonde. I don't think there is any science behind it.. just what you find attractive. And I have brown hair, if anyone cares to know lol.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

I'll end with a funny quote from Mark Hoppus:
"My love life was getting so bland,
There are only so many ways I can make love with my hand.
Sometimes it makes me want to laugh,
Sometimes I want to take my toaster in the bath..."

Funniest damn quote I have EVER read on ATS lol....

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by rich23

I agree with you, entirely. These info-shows they broadcast on the discover channel, whathaveyou, about the ins and outs of human attraction is purely speculation. Sure, they can do studies on them, but what it really comes down to is personal preference, not universal attraction.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
OP...... I prefer dark haired girls meself although i would still go out with a blonde!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Me and a buddy of mine were talking about this a while ago. He prefers the blonde European look, and I prefer the more exotic dark haired look of latin women. Now the thing is, he's Polish, and I'm Mexican, so I don't know if thats just instincts or what but I thought that was interesting. For some reason I've allways been with blondes though. Go figure! Also, redheads are OK too!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I'm a brunette with brown eyes. This blonds are better thing is not cool. And I dont' believe it, as evidenced here. Mots guys seem to like Brunettes. Jay Leno has said he does. My husband does as well. :S But it shouldn't matter anyhow. There are so many other things to like about people than their hair! But it does hurt being a brunette, with brown eyes, to hear this stereotype so often. Like we are less sexy. I'm not too worried about it though since its exaggerated, to really true. Its a myth that the media wants us to believe. I do think Marilyn Monroe was beautiful, but Elizabeth Taylor as well! We need all flavors.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Yes the blondes are better thing is not true, most men actually prefer brunettes, good examples are around everywhere, e.g look at all the hottest celebs men like, most are dark haired, then look at some of the celebs people hate, Paris hilton, Britney etc with blond hair.

Also Hair colour doesn't make much of a difference in wether your attracted to someone or not, that's such a thing some women seem to think. But wether they have red, blonde or black hair etc, if the man likes the lady any hair colour will be fine. e.g Shakira looks great with blond or dark hair. Also some women change hair colours all the time.

The fact is most men LOVE variety, they can't help it, most men love all kinds of women, from all over the world, races and shapes, if they think they are attractive, then such a thing as hair colour or skin colour shouldn't matter much to most men.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
For me it's less about the specific color and more about how it ties in with a woman's overall image.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by rubyeyes

Also most of the hottest blondes, such as Marylin Monroe were originally brunette anyway haha. ( I actually prefer her as brunette, she looks more naturally pretty. I also prefer when women keep their natural eye colours too, dark brown eyes look amazing on a lot of women, but when they try to get blue contacts etc, it looks souless and does not suit them )

But once again, hair colour doesn't do much to determine a mans attraction to her. Only women think such a thing, except for the men who have sort of a fetish for red hair or blonde hair etc.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

...except for the men who have sort of a fetish for red hair ...

I resent that! Its not a fetish per se, it just happens to match very well with the pale skin and the boatloads of freckles.
And this post is just a hair under two lines so I will add some filler words.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by DropInABucket]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Well... I'll give my opinion on this.

In common with some guys in here, I do have "something" for blonds BUT and what everyone forgot to mention is a condition, a SERIOUS condition which I suffer terribly from.

I suffer everyday with the "The grass is always greener in the other side of the fence", what I mean is... When I have a blond I mostly look at brunettes and find them hotter, when I have a brunette, every time I see a blond I think "I should really get me one of those"

So... Well... I just like them all! As long as they're beautiful and have a great "small waist / great a$$" ratio

But I'm serious, the "TGIAGITOSOTF syndrome" is very complicated to deal with on a daily basis and its a serious condition and should NOT be target of mockery!!!!

BUT.........

yea I do prefer blonds... green eyed blonds. - I'm a not-so-dark haired guy with green eyes, so we always go well together as long as shes beautiful. If not... she can be brunette... whatever... I'm taking test drives.

"Even if you cant find the right woman, at least be sure to still have fun with the wrong ones" - thats my motto!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DropInABucket

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

...except for the men who have sort of a fetish for red hair ...

I resent that! Its not a fetish per se, it just happens to match very well with the pale skin and the boatloads of freckles.
And this post is just a hair under two lines so I will add some filler words.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by DropInABucket]

LOL yeah I did not really mean fetish, I said sort of, I don't know the right word for it, let's say "preference".

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by rich23

I read an article years ago about hair color and "sex" appeal. They had men rate women on who they wanted to date, and who they wanted to marry. Men wanted to marry the brunettes but date the blonds.

The funny thing was the pictures were of the same women with different wigs on.

Once again demonstrating that men don't always think with the head on their shoulders.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Let's see.... what I can buy with my $0.02 today...

Well, as far as hair length, Long hair signifies femininity, submissiveness, and fragility.

While short hair signifies Masculinity.

The reasoning for this (At least to anyone descendant from Near roman lineages) was due mainly to Battle.

In battle, Long hair was a detriment, as it was something to grab onto to ensure your sword found your opponents neck.

So, men tended to keep their hair short enough to prevent it being used against them, and women used their long hair to signify health, differenciate themselves from the men, etc...

Eye color, and Hair pigment are in fact, completely related functions of Melanin production.

There are basically two different types of melanin (Pigment):

a brown-black polymer of dihydroxyindole, dihydroxyindole carboxylic acid

And pheomelanin, a red-brown polymer of benzothiazine units largely responsible for red hair and freckles.

The main purpose of Melanin is to mediate UV exposure in the skin, and to thereby protect Nucleic DNA from the harmful effects of UV damage, and subsequent mutation (See Also: Skin Cancer)

In equatorial regions, since the angle of sunlight is near vertical, and light passes through less atmosphere, there is more light to potentially damage the cells.

In extreme northern and southern latitudes, there is less light available for the production of Vitamin D, and thus the amount of melanin must be decreased for optimum body functions.

This is why the Mutation that produced light skin became so prevalent throughout northern Europe when it did.

The eye colors are somewhat related to such.

The default color for Hair is light Grey.

The default color for eyes is red (Blood Vessels)

Blue eyes are a combination of the Dark melanin pigment and the red eye color, that produce blue.

Brown eyes have much more melanin, and are thus darker in color.

Green eyes are a combination of Dark melanin pigment, the Red pigment (Yellowish) and the underlying red color of the blood vessels.

Blond hair color is likewise the normal grayish hair color, with a slight brown melanin tint.

Red hair is a result of the Grey hair color, with the Red pigment.

And Black and brown hair are the result of elevated levels of the Dark melanin Pigment.

-Edrick (Likes Raven Haired Girls)

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Fascinating thread

For me I really have no preference in colours, I go for what I like whether it's blonde, brunette or even blue hair same with skin colour and eye colour I won't pick a certain type over another it just depends on what I find attractive

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Interesting.Personally I've never been attracted to blonde girls, i like brunettes.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
FAct is, everyone doesn't have the same tastes. People look for different things. There is no one size fits all.

A study group took pictures of all different kinds of women and showed them to all kinds of men all over the world, and different groups were attracted to different things.

Men in rural africa who have never seen western media completely passed and modely and barbie look alikes without a second glance, and were attracted to the women who looked to be be good child bearers, healthy but curvy and busty.

And what you find attractive immediately and what you pick for a mate for life are also two different things.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
[edit on 16-7-2009 by blackhatchet]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I look at the whole package and not just hair color. So I can't fit into this group of men. I have only dated one blond in my life and all the others had dark hair.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
interesting thread

personally i have never been a blonde fan and i also prefer brown eyes but i do agree that most of my male friends do prefer blonde's,not all of course.

interesting that someone said you tend to be attracted to the opposite of yourself which deffinately rings true for me as i mostly find indian women of girls with brown eyes and black hair very attractive and i have blue eye's and light brown hair.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join