It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Evil Internet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I have been wondering what has been happening with the usual media outlets that we have been used to for years.

I can't help but think that the internet is slowly putting daily's and national MSM TV news programs out of business. This site (ATS)for instance among others is usually one of the first places to find up to the minute breaking news before the likes of CNN et al.

I have heard that many of the local papers in my area have been seeing a sharp decline in subscriptions over the past few years of which at least some of the blame has been place on the WWW...

If this is true it may actually account for some of the coverage we see these days on the majors, (sensationalist)like the weeks worth of MJ top story coverage and now the whole murder thing. No offense to MJ, but the MSM is starting to look more like the Enquirer.

I have also noticed many of the TV outlets bringing Twitter peeps to show how they are on top of new tech. Anything to sell?

This of course now leads to new "rules" coming out of the woodwork for internet use/privacy etc.

Here is a recent proposal in Canada :

www.nupge.ca...

Harper government to force Internet service providers to give police access to information on all Canadian Internet subscribers and all their private communications – without a court warrant.

Ottawa (22 June 2009) - Canada's Conservative government wants to give police sweeping new powers to eavesdrop on Canadians in cyberspace and to require Internet service providers (ISPs) to snoop on subscribers without a warrant whenever they are asked by police to do so.

Two bills - C-46 and C-47 - introduced in Parliament on June 18 would grant police access without oversight from the courts to all private Internet communications and all information on individual subscribers in the files of ISPs.

The result of this....
(this looks scarey)

•free police to access information on an Internet subscriber, such as name, street address and e-mail address without a search warrant.
•force Internet service providers to freeze data on hard drives to prevent subscribers under investigation from deleting potentially important evidence.
•require telecommunications companies to invest in technology enabling them to intercept all of the Internet communications they handle.
•allow police to remotely activate tracking devices already embedded in cell phones and certain cars.
•allow police to obtain data about where Internet communications are coming from and going to.
•make it a crime to arrange with a second person over the Internet for the sexual exploitation of a child.

Perhaps this shows a dotted line connection between government and MSM.
Make the internet anon-free to keep people a little afraid of spreading information. Force them to watch the Networks for their daily dose/news/propaganda.

Anyway, was just a passing thought on all of this, anyone have any thoughts on this?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Wow I cannot believe no one has any comments on this at all.

I guess I should have just started another Obama thread....

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Well.. no one comments because that is not nothing new really.. It would be commented someone fighting against it..

CX

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by PowerSlave
Wow I cannot believe no one has any comments on this at all.

I guess I should have just started another Obama thread....

Lol i always chuckle at these posts....no offence Powerslave, but ATS is a huge place...with a huge amount of members...who have to read through a huge amount of threads and info.

Many members work. Many aren't online all the time.

It's an interesting thread......if you post it, they will come....eventually

CX.

[edit on 16/7/09 by CX]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   

There is a valley where that which is Spiritual stands on one side
and that which is religious stands on the other side.
In the middle walks the Creator and the Creation.
All is one...I meet you here.

top topics

join