It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tattoos- What would you get?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I have been looking for some good sayings and ideas for another tattoo. I have one on my calf that is a emblem of the wicked jester but want to get some text. I think I'll get one on my right forearm that is in latin and am just looking for input about what kind of things, sayings, you think would be cool or like since I usually take some time to decide because tattoo's are a permanent thing.

I'm also thinking about a Ambigram with this generator such as friends/family, strength/integrity, luck/fate or something similar but haven't decided yet.

I also wrote a poem lately I will likely get tattooed on my leg or somewhere. It goes as this:

Together we rise, together we fall
Together we fight, together we crawl
Together we laugh, together we cry
Together we live, together we die

Together we wade through the swamps of despair
Together we touch in the eloquent air
Together we are like birds of a feather
Together we are, forever together

Just looking for some ideas and input so feel free to share, those of you into such things.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Love the poem, its beautiful!! My kids have been trying to talk me into a tat... I have been working on designing my own...just not so sure yet what exactly I want.... I kind of like the idea of a fish hook with a heart hanging on it...we all take the bait eventually don't we!!!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I want to get the keys of solomon on each wrist. The star of david one on the right wrist, pentagram key on the left wrist. On my back I want to get an image of a half angel half demon with a crucifix through its heart. Symbolizing that religion kills all. good and evil

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

That's actually a good idea and everybody falls for it, yes. You should get a tat just keep in mind they can be addicting.

Where you thinking of getting it?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Toodles

That's a lot of ink work. Looks like you've put some thought into it. I particularly like the half angel and demon with the crucifix. Now that sounds way kool.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I already have many tats as we speak, but I am always fishing for new ideas.

I have been thinking of getting this particular tattoo idea done up on my inner bicep, but I am holding off until I can get it the way I want it.

Ok..the idea is this. An old school Virgin Guadalupana (Virgin Mary) image that I found out of the bible. In this image the virgin will be surrounded by the beams of light and haze, only in mine she will be holding an infant Jesus.

Virgin image

Similar to the image I have linked to here, there will be the beams surrounding her. Only in my tat idea, the baby that she is holding and gazing at will be a skeleton wrapped in a blanket showing only its skull.

There will be angels flying around and at her feet similar to the ones here, but in my design some of them will also be devils,

My idea and concept behind this image is that the virgin holding a skeleton represents the idea that man kind is born dead...we are all born into a harsh unforgiving world and in essence we are all born to die.

The angels and devils will show the duality of man to be good and evil, and it will also be a statement against the religious establishment and doctine, basically indicating that life in this world is unfair and that man is doomed from the start.

Pretty heavy stuff yes, but not really meant as a statement promoting evil or anything bad. More like a personal statemnt on the harsh realities of life and the short comings of religion in general. Harsh maybe, but not meant to be sacreligious necesarrily.

So what do you think? Would this be a cool idea for a tat? Or would it be a bit too over the top and blasphemous?

Also...any fine artists on here who would care to take a stab at putting together what I have described here would be more than welcome to do so. If it is really good I may just use your design and credit you with the art.

Peace - Black

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I've only currently got one tat at the moment on my right arm, it's an Ancient Egyptian Solar Scarab, I didn't get the tat because of any symbolism or meaning, I just got it because I liked the image. And just like this current one the next one I get will be an image I like the look of, it's a form of art at the end of the day and many people like art for many different reasons and for me my reasons are I just like the look of them

I'm thinking for my next tat though I might get something pin-up style done or a picture of a Spitfire if I can find a nice enough image for the artist to use

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Well I tried to answer this when you had it in CW and didnt realize I wasnt able to post in there until after I wrote my long response..lol

I have 5 tats...The Eiffel Tower on my lower back, the Fleur de Lis on my left wrist, the "B" from Buffy the Vampire Slayer on my right wrist, the Playboy Bunny on my right ankle and my signature here on ATS is tattooed my upper back between my shoulder bladed in Edwardian Script.....All of my tats have personal meaning otherwise I would not have them. I have always thought they should have meaning since they are permanent. My bf is a tattoo artist and he feels the same way. He is covered head to toe and all his have some sort of meaning to him, although to me I cant figure some out..lol If you like your poem and want it permanently on your body I would do it. BTW I like your poem
I have one last tattoo to get and the will be the symbol for Scorpio which is my sign and fits me to a tee!

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by N3krostatic

I already have 9 tats... but you know the saying..'never is enough'.

Next one is going to be a pretty nice skull designed by one of my buddies here on ATS- (Neil-a) fantastic tattoo artist.

[edit on 19/7/09 by plutoxgirl]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Just need to find the right style...
but my username will be my first tat.

new topics

top topics

join