It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get Us Out of Afghanistan NOW!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I dont want to hear your nationalistic BS. This war is wrong. Period.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevedel0
I dont want to hear your nationalistic BS. This war is wrong. Period.

you need to join the debate and maybe argue what you think should be done rather than writing a one liner. I believe the war is impossible to win, why don't you explain why you think the war is wrong?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

The very nature of the religion which The Taliban practices prevents The Taliban from negotiating.
They HAVE to do everything possible to advance Sharia.
And they are allowed to lie, cheat and kill in their dealings with Kaffirs if it helps promote and advance Sharia.
There is NO negotiating with The Taliban.

Whilst accepting that Wikipeadia can be an innacurate source this is a very good introduction for anyone who wants to learn about The Taliban.
en.wikipedia.org...
www.infoplease.com...

Have we learnt nothing about appeasement and extremists!

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
What a complete waste of money and lives. We could be spending that money on clean, renewable energy technology and research. It is something we have to do, or there will be no future generations. Absolutely ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

I only read your Op.
Do you remember Iraqi. Did you listen to the Prez elect
Ah! don't matter.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

The same was said about the IRA

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Donny 4 million

Yeah, Donny, I remember Iraq too. I haven't forgotten that we are still THERE as well...that we killed thousands there too. I just got really mad one day that we were still in Afghanistan.

Start a thread about Iraq and we'll talk.
Maybe you can help me make sense of it.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

As you live and learn the goment gots only one hat. The 2 only 2 parties just pass it back and forth and expect you not to see it happen. Presto Changeo. Been watching it for 50 years.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Donny 4 million

The Provisional IRA were / are nothing more than power crazed gangsters.
They may have used their religion as a rallying call but their main interests were in drug and gun running and protection rackets.

The Taliban are religious fanatics, first and foremost and teachings in The Koran allows them to use deception and lies in their dealings with kaffirs.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

And without volunteers we would simply have a conscripted army, as in days of yore!

Comparing British soldiers to Taliban fighters is an insult.

The vast majority of Afghans support our presence and roll and appreciate our attempts at stopping the return of a most brutal and repressive regime.
That there are other reasons for our presence as well I have absolutely no doubt, but The Taliban must be stopped at all costs.

Karzai: Afghans want rules for troops changed

In an interview with The Associated Press in his modest office, Karzai reached out to disaffected Pashtuns, calling for a dialogue with Taliban members who are not affiliated with al-Qaida and who are willing to repudiate violence "and announce that publicly."

But the president said he was not yet prepared to discuss the key Taliban demand — a timetable for the withdrawal of all foreign troops — because he contends their continued presence is in the national interest.

"The Afghan people still want a fundamentally strong relation with the United States," Karzai said. "I also know and the Afghan people also know that the presence of international troops in Afghanistan is bringing stability to Afghanistan."

[edit on 28-7-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

No drug trade in Afganistan, DUH!
What religon was the US practiceing when they supplied the Taliban 65,000 tons of weapons a YEAR during the Russian invasion.( your source)
(fanatic corrupt capitalism)
Oh yeah thats the same one used in Iraq with Sadam when we were fundamentally unhappy with Iran.
And before that when we were fundamentally unhappy with Iraq.
GW and the dynamic trio were not supported by religious fanatic fundamentalists in thier campaign of shock and awe?
Give me a break.
If there is a division between religon and politics it is a $ sign.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Are you telling me we dont lie,cheat and kill when dealing with them?

Blimey,its there country!We shouldnt be there,unless you believe the lies that got us there

I think a lot of people just hate Islam and are too happy to jump on the band wagon to point fingers at them wanting to convert the world to thier religion.

The Taliban offered to hand over Bin Laden if the US goverment showed proof he was involved in the 9/11 attacks.The american war machines did what it does best and dropped lots of bombs rather than hand over the proof

The reason being,they have no proof

The man charged with plotting the 9/11 attacks is on record saying that he aproached bin laden with this plan and bin told him No he wouldnt join him.
SO there you have it Bin Laden had nothing to do with the towers,and in his initial video after this event he said the same thing

Of course later bin laden actors said other things in newer vids.

They dont even hide the real reason for this war,its almost as if they just dont care
The Afganistan president used to be an advisor to UNOCOL and actualy in that roll tried to get the Taliban to build a pipeline through that country

Now he is the president and has done it,with americas blessing

its all oil and gas,the reasons why we kill so many brown people out there

[edit on 31-7-2009 by noangels]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join