It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Residents fear sorcery during Freemasons meeting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Well I've really never believed the power of the Freemasons society until reading this "until they received news of the top-level intervention. "An officer came in and said, 'We have been ordered by the Prime Minister's department to release you,"

Source:
EIGHT Australians spent a night in a Fiji prison cell after police, alerted by frightened residents suspecting sorcery, raided their Freemasons meeting.....

The group was held at Nasudi police station for 24 hours after their arrest at Denarau Island on Tuesday night until they received news of the top-level intervention. "An officer came in and said, 'We have been ordered by the Prime Minister's department to release you, however, the matter will still remain under investigation', and the Prime Minsiter himself is coming to the office later in the day to review the evidence," a member of the group, who didn't want to be named, said.

It is understood locals contacted police after becoming concerned about the group's unusual equipment, which is believed to have included a sword, mace and Bible, The Canberra Times said.

An answer to why he was locked up,
"A New Zealand man, who was also among the group, blamed "dopey village people" for the raid on Tuesday, NZPA reported." this is a Wild statement considering he was released by the PM's department.

Zelong.

EDIT add video:
Looking at the video amazed me at the number of Grand Masters who were Governors of South Australia @1:40.
Here's a video tour of the Way Room?(hall) were the Grand Lodge meets South Australia.
Also shows explains the Buffalo's (Buffs).

[edit on 15/7/09 by Zelong]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
sword, yea, the Tyler has one. It's more symbolic than for a weapon. In fact, they are not sharpened and are usually in the cabinet. So I can see that with no problem.
The Bible, well I think that goes without saying. there is one on every altar unless the lodge has members from another religion and request a different book to be added.

The mace, well , maybe one of the members just had some. I have seen it on key rings and the like.

I don't know the facts of this story other than what I read, but knowing what I know of freemasonry, I would bet there was a rather large misunderstanding and things were just as they are supposed to be. Try to picture an 89 year old guy picking up a broad sword and threatening you with it. Step to the left and it will take him 3-4 minutes to get it up in the air again.

That is unless you aussies do things differently down there.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

By mace, they probably meant a actual weapon, not the spray.
Mace

It's about second common as swords for decoration and display.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by RuneSpider]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

I will add that to the things I learned today. thanks for sharing that.
It would be interesting to know what the ages were of the brothers that were incarcerated. And who among them was injured if any.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zelong
Well I've really never believed the power of the Freemasons society until reading this "until they received news of the top-level intervention. "An officer came in and said, 'We have been ordered by the Prime Minister's department to release you,"

I don't think that demonstrates "power" at all. Just a Prime Minister trying to escape international embarassment for his country having jailed foreign fraternity members on charges of witchcraft.

"Dopey village people" sounds about right.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Yea from a political standpoint, holding these men and attempting to charge them with something would have been political suicide. In the modern world, ritualistic practices are not illegal, barring a few extreme situations.

The prime minister likely was an educated man, and knew that there was no legitimate reason to detain these men.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Freemasons are being subjected to riduculous harassment, and i think the world has gone mad. There's a website on an official masonic site that lists ways to inconvenience non masons who you may have special interest with. I think it's been hacked and i am sure that it's part of a purge to make masons look even worse than they really are. This is nasty and unnessessary and it won't be long before people start coming after them with guns...What sort of society do we live in for crying out loud?

top topics

join