It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police seal off part of Capitol

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Police seal off part of Capitol

hosted.ap.org

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Police sealed off some of the entrances to the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday after apparent gunfire erupted a few blocks away.
Numerous emergency vehicles converged quickly on a city street just off the fringe of Capitol Hill.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
This is Breaking news so not many details are out yet. If I was a betting man I would say this is the first of many false flag operations to gain control of our guns.

It just seems way to odd in such a well policed area. It smells of a government operation. As details surface I will keep everyone up to date.

hosted.ap.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
well the last thing that happened there was the holocaust museum thing, wasn't it? could just be a random drug war or bust. anyway, keep us posted. thanks.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
According to CNN sources up to 10 shots where fired, WUSA tv also report that the shooting was police-involved

Also a 35 year old person has been rushed to hospital...

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Maybe it was an unemployed, foreclosed on, pissed off American white male getting a little pay back on his corrupt and tyrannical government. Ahhh well I can dream can't I? LOL.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
The North East section of Washington D.C. is a pretty rough and tumble area with a lot of violent gang activity.

It could always be just a spill over of vendetta or drug related violence.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
Also a 35 year old person has been rushed to hospital...

CNN says he is dead now.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
The North East section of Washington D.C. is a pretty rough and tumble area with a lot of violent gang activity.

It could always be just a spill over of vendetta or drug related violence.

Agreed, people tend to forget that Washington DC has an astronomically high crime rate due to its strict gun control laws (the stricter the gun control laws the higher the crime rate) and another factor which is not PC to discuss but very obvious when you look at the demographic factors of the most crime plagued areas.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Police say they shot and killed man near US Capitol after he brandished weapon.
Not many details available. Why would somebody brandish a weapon in a populated area?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Why would they not try to negotiate him down? Seems to be a little overkill. No pun intended. I still am thinking false flag.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
My guess is they did not try to talk him down as the Police are worried that with all the people losing there homes and savings are starting to look around and see what is going on! And this feeling is spreading across the country.

This issue is getting bigger every day and more news about what is going on is getting out to the people at a rate they cannot control. So it seems to me that they ,the police are being told to use more force to try to stop this from happening . But it will not work as the force one uses the more worried the people get.

It was just announced a week or so ago that the company's are starting to fold and the land value is dropping for those type.
To me this is starting to explain why we are seeing more of the outlandish things done by the police!

And also we have to think about what they are being told about what is going on and or coming, even if it may not be true.
This is a government getting worried about what has been done and worried what the people are going to do to them as the word is getting out.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

Who knows what happened?

Brandishing a weapon can mean that he pointed the gun at them or other civilians. Doesn't mean that he lifted his shirt to show that he had a gun.

Lets wait for more then a one sentance article before we start accusing the cops of using excessive force.

new topics

top topics

join