It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

31 year IBM employee states that the recent switch to DTV is to free up frequencies for RFID trackin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Source

So while the American people, especially those in Texas and other busy border states, have been inundated lately with news reports advising them to hurry and get their expensive passports, “enhanced driver’s licenses,” passport cards and other “chipped” or otherwise trackable identification devices that they are being forced to own, this digital television/RFID connection has been hidden, according to Patrick Redmond. Redmond, a Canadian, held a variety of jobs at IBM before retiring, including working in the company’s Toronto lab from 1992 to 2007, then in sales support. He has given talks, written a book and produced a DVD on the aggressive, growing use of passive, semi-passive and active RFID chips (Radio Frequency Identification Devices) implanted in new clothing, in items such as Gillette Fusion blades, and in countless other products that become one’s personal belongings. These RFID chips, many of which are as small, or smaller, than the tip of a sharp pencil, also are embedded in all new U.S. passports, some medical cards, a growing number of credit and debit cards and so on. More than two billion of them were sold in 2007.

Albeit he is selling some dvds I thought you guys would find this interesting. I found it over at www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy (where I mod). I know its nothing too new to this forum but it does seem to come from a pretty darn interesting source. Here is the link to the full lecture.

Link to full lecture

From what I understood I thought the goal was to get the chips to work with the cell phone towers. I have no clue on how any of this stuff works maybe someone on here could help clarify if the frequencies used for analog tv could be used to track humans efficiently?

[edit on 15-7-2009 by 911fnord]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
the even scarier part is that they already have invented even smaller rfid.

as small as dust.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Some good news is that my husband works for one of the largest printer companies in the world, and they have decided to halt their RFID chip technology for the moment in this economy. With that being said, however they did develop the technology to imprint RFID chips into paper, such as the paper used for the New York City Marathon runners- to track their times.

Scary isnt it that a piece of paper can track you....

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
The whole switch over seemed very strange to me and now with this to put it in context it seems to make more sense. Usually money is the motivation and maybe I am missing something but I could not figure out how the govt would benefit in this and why they were pushing it so hard. This guys opinion really opens up the topic for more discussion.

link   
Whats mind blowing in some senses is that the guy had worked for IBM for 31 years, and with IBM´s history of helping Hitler to categorize the jews in the concentration camps, and with the assasinations around the world, these info´s shouldnt be take light.

Best regards

Loke.:.

link   
yeah, they were in the thick of it...ibm. i read somewhere a year or two ago they were in cahoots with someone else and the government. i'll see if i can't dig that out. i posted it on another forum but it magically disappeared. go figure.

ibm is not a trustworthy company. they are also the ones who handed our DoD satellite specs to China, sold an entire company, people and all, to a communist government, fired a good chunk of their workforce earlier this year and told them they could keep their jobs if they wanted to move to India, and stole people's pensions. yeah
ibm i have no DOUBT you helped slaughter people during wwii. some things never change.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I got another thread about it here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I own no credit cards, don't travel so I don't have a need for a passport, and just had my license renewed until 2018, and drive a 25 year old car - so I'm safe. For now. Unless.......

I should run check my toothbrush for buzzing sounds.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
No escaping it these days but came across this which Ill be buying soon and thought you guys might be interested.A chip washer.
www.rfidwasher.com...

new topics

top topics

join