It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Visa BoA : Your current debt is now 23 Quadrillion dollars.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

A New Hampshire man was shocked to learn that when he purchased pack of cigarettes he also got charged $23,148,855,308,184,500, or more than $23 quadrillion — a number that rivals that of the national debt.

www.foxnews.com...

Yeah, one good pack of cigarettes i'd suppose!

It does make you wonder about the little things they could get away with, had they just add on a one dollar charge to everyone, and say 1,000,000 people at least are with visa, that's a million dollars grabbed up and stolen, which is surprising.

The fact they have no answers to why this happened is a bit frightening.

Although 23, quadrillion dollars, is a bit funny, I would frame it.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Also got pinned the 15 dollar overdraft.

The phenomena seems to only happen when buying cigarettes.

Hope the tax didn't go up again.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
HAHA!
i wonder how long it will take him to pay it off...

that is amazing. i wonder how many issues like that have sprung up but with a smaller amount.

if there were instances, was the public made aware?

and the one dollar from 1 million people scenario you pointed out is how a lot of scams work.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

I doubt he'll have to pay it. Banks are crazy these days though.

Yep, 1 dollar from 300,000,000 million americans, isn't that hard either.

Remember Bush asking every child for one dollar, it adds up. At least he asked nicely!

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

This is quite suspicious actually because the stocks bounced back ,according to some, today.

Wait until the funds all clear back to normal in a few days.

- 23 quadrillion dollars will have a negative impact on the stock market.

He is lucky hes not in the UK, bank charge refunds are frozen over here. Ouch.

I dont even know if this is a joke or if it could be true these days, referring to what I have just written above

[edit on 15-7-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Holy crap!

No refunds, lol, I would die, flat out!

It's not just this guy though, several others were charged for the exact same amount, which makes it more suspicious.

"Hi i'd like to pall malls," alright just swipe here. "Okay, better go home and check my balance".

".....minus 23 quadrillion dollars for 2 packs pall malls, wtf, AND AN OVERDRAFT FEE!!!"

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Now that is weird with the same amount over different accounts. -69 quadrillion dollars must have effected something.

First thing I thought upon reading...........

(minor swear word with an "e" at the end so technically not profanity unless your too fussy, in that case, warning - profanity
)

[edit on 15-7-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
i just told my sister about this story. her response was:

"why were the cigarettes worth so much?"

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

"I thought my card had been compromised. I thought somebody had bought Europe with my credit card," Muszynski told the station. "It was very concerning."

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Oil

Lol

"I paid for europe, and all I got was this pack of cigarettes".

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Those better be some good cigs and Europe well I'd take out a few countries and sell them off to Russia.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
You guys were discussing bank problems, let me get this one said then...

On thursday last, we deposited 600 into our checking account. We don't use paper checks, but use the checking account for a visa debit card for ease of internet purchases...

now.. here's the thing. On friday, out of nowhere, money was transferred from our savings, into our checking, and we were charged a $4 overdraft.

THEN... a bill for $127 was taken out of the account (our car payment...) But, even though we had nearly 600 in the account, we were charged a $30 overdraft fee.

This was on saturday.

THEN... that evening, another bill was charged to us, dated 7-13-09.. it was charged to us on 7-11-09

and we were once again hit with a $30 overdraft fee.

We contacted the bank on monday (closed on weekends), and were told that there was some kind of glitch with the debit cards from thursday til sunday, where they were not counting any deposits added to accounts, and charging overdrafts on any purchases.

So they said they would reimburse us the fees (dang straight they'd better...) and hung up the phone.

Just a few minutes later, after checking our account online, we had been hit with yet ANOTHER overdraft fee, making the total $94 over a couple days period of time, and the fees were FINALLY reimbursed to us today.

Anyone else experience any probs like this? Seems strange timing with the rest of the things being discussed here.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

BoA was the only bank I had serious problems with, they overdrafted overdrafts, and that cycle never stops, I decided not to pay and became blackballed.

But before I signed up with wellsfargo, and after 1 year, I have it finally under control, it was charging me for things I've never even heard of, I'm so proud I got it all to stop, 300 dollars later accumulated debt for absolutely nothing.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Maybe $23 Quadrillion is how much BoA owes the World Bank (or whomever) and they're trying to get someone (silly smokers like me particularly) to pay it off for them.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I think a hacker is playing games... not too long ago, I think Paypal charged a billion dollars for a tank of gasoline...

new topics

join