It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Guru Dialogues XII (Being Everything, Being Nothing)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Seeker – After all of these discussions, I am still stuck on the concepts of everything and nothing. The realized individual, you seem to be saying, sees that they are both everything and yet nothing. This is one of the paradoxes in spirituality that I find difficult to reconcile.

Guru – The “everything” is everything that the mind can conceive and experience. The “nothing” is everything that the mind cannot conceive of, because nothing is only nothing if the mind cannot grasp it. You are, then, everything and nothing. It is useless to try to understand this with your mind.

Seeker – Ok, whoa…can you explain that point again.

Guru – That mind here is not going to help you. What this is, really, is the pairing of two absolutes. Set together, they jar the mind and hopefully still it into silence. The mind can make a half-baked attempt at imaging everythingness, and it can make a half-baked try at conceiving of nothingness, but both will just be concepts. However, set side by side, these concepts can have a powerful stilling affect on the mind. The same effect can be acheived if I say that you are both infinitely small and infinitely big, or if I say that you are alive but were never born. The mind just can’t handle it. If the seeker stays with the mind not being able to handle it, they can achieve insights that are beyond mind. It takes some courage, however.

Seeker – So it’s a kind of guru’s trick, then?

Guru – We use the means at our disposal. Concepts are all tricks in one way or another.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by Silenceisall]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
thanks for this one bud. this is similar to where i am findign myself lately. since i have began on my spiritual journey, i was in the now more than i was the few months after. i came from a stillness from within and had great insights and loved what i was. but then i got lost in trying to subtley force concepts and beliefs. lately i am realizing that i need to re-center to that stillness and go into every situation form that basic foundational place within. and im really finding it. it is a state where i dont identify with anything yet i place my awareness into and 'feel' what i am doing. it helps in being the best i can be at everything. it is an amazing place. i plan the future, then come back to my center (awareness of and in the now) and the day goes by beautifully. i am finding the yin and yang in my awareness. it rids the mind of judgement and helps rid the mind of preconceived ideas and beliefs. so i go into everything open minded yet i am developing always. its a hard place to find sometimes. but i can "feel" it when im there fully. its like a balance between introversion and extroversion

does this sound at all similar to what the guru was portraying?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Marvelous!

S&F for you!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by just_another_yourself

It sounds like you may have realized it. There should be a selfless concern for others (but no concern for the desires and cravings of their egos), no conceptual or thought-based sense of division between you and the world. You should feel a natural compassion that seems to come from nowhere and reside in no particular thing. Compassion simply is. It has no motives, it simply loves. This is square one, rebirth into yourself. Now you live.

Best to you.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by Silenceisall]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Geladinhu

I appreciate your encouragement Geladinhu. BTW I enjoyed your thread about getting it.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by Silenceisall]

new topics

top topics

join