It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA puts Apollo-11 cabin tape recordings on line

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
This NASA announcement may cast some light on the Apollo-11 astronaut observations of objects outside their windows:

APOLLO 11 CONVERSATIONS EARTH DIDN'T HEAR NOW ONLINE AT NASA.GOV

HOUSTON -- You're in a spacecraft, on a mission to land on the moon
for the first time in history, and the microphone to Earth is off.
What do you say?

Now you can listen in on a NASA Web site and find out.

As Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin and Mike Collins flew on Apollo 11 to a
lunar landing in July 1969, the world heard communications between
the crew and Mission Control live as they happened. But Earth did not
hear the private conversations between Armstrong, Aldrin and Collins,
although they were recorded aboard the Command Module Columbia and
Lunar Module Eagle.

Those conversations now are available on the Internet. All the Apollo
spacecraft had onboard voice recorders, activated during much of each
mission to record the crew's conversations. The transcripts of those
recordings were publicly released in the mid-1970s. Only recently
were the actual onboard audio recordings from Apollo 11 digitized and
made available on the Web.

To listen to the recordings and view the transcript, visit:

www.nasa.gov...

For more information about the history of onboard recorders on the
Apollo spacecraft and full transcripts of all mission recordings,
visit:

www.jsc.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

This thread'll be a fun read...the 'hoaxers' will be copy and pasting the 'how do we REALLY know?' 'Nasa always lies' and 'they were recorded in a studio' replies already. The database of mp3s of onboard recordings is here at Apollo 11 Onboard Audio Database before cries of 'highlights!?' echo around the boards.

EDIT to add that these are fairly large audio files...DLing a couple right now that are 45mb and 39.5mb. I'm looking to use a sample as my bosses ring tone

[edit on 15-7-2009 by Kandinsky]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I'm listening intently at the moment. If anything odd comes up ill post here.

Edit: Wow, right after I clicked the reply button I hear a jump in the audio tape. It sounds as if it's being fast forwarded.

69 7 16 11-03301 S/C 107 DSE DUMP – CSM/LM during translunar injection burn

First one listed at 7:53

Edit II: Be mindful of the MET: ST and MET: END times. I'm pretty sure it stands for Mission Elapsed Time start and end. Anyway, they're not all in chronological order.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by Sliick]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sliick
Edit: Wow, right after I clicked the reply button I hear a jump in the audio tape. It sounds as if it's being fast forwarded.

That's probably the section where they talk about seeing the big spaceships

I mean seriously after 40 years does anyone expect to here that part?

[edit on 15-7-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

For more information about the history of onboard recorders on the
Apollo spacecraft and full transcripts of all mission recordings,
visit

www.jsc.nasa.gov...

I linked to that site a few times... still missing the transcript for the Apollo 11 LM, though its there for all the others

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

That's probably the section where they talk about seeing the big spaceships

Just an FYI, I'm not looking for Buzz yelling "OH MY GOD NEIL!!! ALIENS!!!" I'm listening for initial reactions on the things they see. I'm just interested

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

What about Velvet Underground or Jefferson Airplane

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Just an FYI, I'm not looking for Buzz yelling "OH MY GOD NEIL!!! ALIENS!!!" I'm listening for initial reactions on the things they see. I'm just interested

So you wouldn't tell us if you heard that? "lol"

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Still, after 40 years... To be honest, I can chop up a normal vocal audio recording, and cover the tracks pretty well. These recordings are 40 years old. If I personally had these files, and was told to 'mask' any conversation which didn't 'fit', I'm pretty sure I could do quite the seamless job... Just food for thought.

On the other hand, good to see they've released the audio from the missions. Timeless pieces of history, IMO.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
There is a website that will be re-creating the entire mission in real-time. I wonder if all the conversations will be broadcast.

The website goes live later tonight. See this ATS thread for more information.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jephers0n
On the other hand, good to see they've released the audio from the missions. Timeless pieces of history, IMO.

And on the backside... IF the missions were indeed a hoax done in a studio...than these tapes would be the sound track of the studio production

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Ignoring all the silly nonsense concerning aliens/nasa/moon conspiracy garbage, this stuff gets my inner geek going. Great stuff, classic modern history!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
Ignoring all the silly nonsense concerning aliens/nasa/moon conspiracy garbage,

How about THIS conspiracy 'garbage'?

Moon landing tapes got erased, NASA admits

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The original recordings of the first humans landing on the moon 40 years ago were erased and re-used, but newly restored copies of the original broadcast look even better, NASA officials said on Thursday.

Reuters News
www.reuters.com...

Now how do you erase and re use the originals but then get newly restored copies that look better than the original?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

"Now how do you erase and re use the originals but then get newly restored copies that look better than the original?"

Well I would describe it as resembling that stuff that comes out of a Bull's behind in order to rid it's body of waste...

[edit on 16-7-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Now how do you erase and re use the originals but then get newly restored copies that look better than the original?

Zorg, it's wondrous strange to observe how, in a simple sentence, if there's ANY way to misunderstand it, count on YOU to do it. It really takes a special skill....

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
Zorg, it's wondrous strange to observe how, in a simple sentence, if there's ANY way to misunderstand it, count on YOU to do it. It really takes a special skill....

Why thank you.

But this report is making people who never believed there was a conspiracy take note. Methinks the game is afoot

Hey Jim... do your Russian 'connections' have a way off this rock? Just looking at today's headlines I think its time to vacate

School Children Traumatised After Seeing School Teacher Dragged Away By Aliens

Upcoming Military Robot Could Feed on Dead Bodies

Giant Mystery Blob Moves Through Alaskan Waters

[edit on 16-7-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Since time has passed and nobody is trumpeting 'UFO reports' from these files, I'm going to hazard a guess that this indicates the conversations provide no insight into UFOs. Does that sould reasonable?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimObergI'm going to hazard a guess that this indicates the conversations provide no insight into UFOs. Does that sould reasonable?

Yes it sounds reasonable that what we are listening to contains no indication of UFO's... that I will give you...

But as was pointed out to me pilots in general tend to be more colorful in their normal chit chat. I do find it amusing that these tracks are so 'clean' I wonder if that is what they meant when they 'cleaned up' the transcripts?

[edit on 17-7-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Apollo 14

www.nasa.gov...

[edit on 17-7-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
So NASA says its a spacecraft and all the little Skeptic run and create a page that says "See" Its not a rock, its proof..." and now they tell me "Oh yeah but this" Yuppers its a SPACECRAFT"

But when Zorgon says "Its an artifact on Eros, and Zorgon's picture is much better resolution than NASA's, those same skeptics say "Its just a rock"

Funny how the Lemmings operate isn't it?

top topics

join