It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Website to publish sensitive hacked Twitter info

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Website to publish sensitive hacked Twitter info

ca.reuters.com

Popular technology news website TechCrunch plans to publish on Wednesday sensitive internal documents belonging to microblogging site Twitter, including financial projections, sent to them by an unidentified hacker.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/05a4bc78909b.jpg[/atsimg]

TechCrunch reported that a hacker had gained "easy access" to hundreds of pieces of internal Twitter information -- from pass codes to meeting minutes -- and then forwarded the data to the site en masse.

Easy access... It is kind of messed up that TechCrunch is going to post this information. I wonder what they have to gain (other then website hits). Maybe this is just another way to get restrictions on the internet on the minds of people...

-E-

ca.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-7-2009 by MysterE]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
From TechCrunch
Twitter’s Financial Forecast Shows First Revenue In Q3, 1 billion users in 2013

Our negotiations with Twitter (or rather Twitter’s lawyers) over our intention to publish a small subset of the 310 hacked confidential documents continue. We published the first document, a pitch for a reality television show called Final Tweet, earlier this morning.

Final Tweet

-E-

[edit on 15-7-2009 by MysterE]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
From the quote posted in the last reply, I would say they are looking for money...

I will intentionally avoid visiting that site, because of their shady deeds. I hope others agree.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I wonder if any of the documents will prove that in some cases twitters were censored like it was during the G-8 or G-20 protests in London.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by star in a jar]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

To me this makes TechCrunch complicit in the crime. Hackers are among the lowest life forms, perhaps even lower than Attorneys and Politicians. There should be a new, deeper level at the Colorado SuperMax just for them with a one way elevator to the bottom just for Hackers.

Don't fall for the bait and put clicks on their site counter.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

One thing that is for sure is that TechCrunch is betting this will draw lots of people to their site. That doubles their complicity in my mind.

People on here are always yelling about privacy, but anyone who supports TechCrunch by falling for the bait is a phony if they do.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
yeah that's pretty low...were they just showing people that twitter can be compromised? warning them maybe? i dunno what the point of all this might be. what does this website stand for/do?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
I wonder if any of the documents will prove that in some cases twitters were censored like it was during the G-8 or G-20 protests in London.

I never thought of that aspect, very interesting star!

-E-

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by MysterE

To me this makes TechCrunch complicit in the crime. Hackers are among the lowest life forms, perhaps even lower than Attorneys and Politicians. There should be a new, deeper level at the Colorado SuperMax just for them with a one way elevator to the bottom just for Hackers.

Don't fall for the bait and put clicks on their site counter.

That is quite an ignorant statement. Hacking used to refer to technology enthusiasts and people who like to explore and figure out how things work. People who break security and generally do bad things are called crackers. Media just started referring to both hackers and crackers as only hackers.

There are hackers that do bad things and there are also thousands of hackers who do good things like help keep your important info safe. If you are going to use a term that blankets both good and bad be more specific. It's ignorance like yours that leads to curious teenage hackers who didn't do anything malicious ending up with ridiculous jail sentences.

top topics

join