It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming: Scientists' Best Predictions May Be Wrong

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Global Warming: Scientists' Best Predictions May Be Wrong

www.sciencedaily.com

ScienceDaily (July 15, 2009) — No one knows exactly how much Earth's climate will warm due to carbon emissions, but a new study suggests scientists' best predictions about global warming might be incorrect.

The study, which appears in Nature Geoscience, found that climate models explain only about half of the heating that occurred during a well-documented period of rapid global warming in Earth's ancient past. The study, which was published online July 13, contains an analysis of published records from a period of rapid climatic warming about 55 million years ago known as the Palaeocen
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
My favorite part of this article is at the end where we read:

The conclusion, Dickens said, is that something other than carbon dioxide caused much of the heating during the PETM. "Some feedback loop or other processes that aren't accounted for in these models -- the same ones used by the IPCC for current best estimates of 21st Century warming -- caused a substantial portion of the warming that occurred during the PETM."

Bold lettering is my own editorial spin...

Well, I suppose this is just another scientist kook going against the Al "I invented the interwebz to fight Manbearpig" Gore cult.

You gotta wonder, how much will the MSM play this down, or will the researcher recant after seeing his grant allowance drop by 75%.

www.sciencedaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

PS - I am aware that this could have been posted elsewhere ... move it if you must.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Its funny how to them the sun plays no role, when the sun is teh driving factor in earths climate, and always will be.

There is no such thing as man made global warming and they know it, and the scienctists are making science look bad.

In uk we are having the same summer as usual, rain with a bit of occasional sun. Same as, same as.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Looks like this man made global warming nonsense is starting to unravel.
Scientist first have to understand what caused global warming 55 million years ago before they can accurately predict future temperature and climate conditions.

Mystery mechanism drove global warming 55 million years ago
www.google.com...

Lets hope people come to their senses before the cap and trade BS bill is passed.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I feel that I can speak with the upmost criticism of the "Pro-AGW" crowd, since I myself used to be amongst them back in 1996-1997. I poured time and effort into researching the topic, and thanks to my experiences with Meteorology, my prime location to and time spent at the United States Geological Survey Headquarters, and the fact that my neighbor happens to be a Climatologist who works there, I have followed the many alterations and progressions which have taken place within this particular subject area during the past 12-13 years.

All that I can state emphatically is that AGW did look very real a little over a decade ago, but the studies back then were still far more limited in scope. The one advantage to delving into the subject study back then however, was that it was still a somewhat non-politicized issue. After AGW became highly politicized though, the real studies of actual field scientists soon became overshadowed by any number of computer models, none of which correlated to the field based observations. To this very day, field studies continue to contradict the mathematical formulas so often touted by the Pro-AGW crowd, and therefore the only logical conclusion based upon such is that there is no AGW.

Even my Climatologist acquaintance quite frankly told me that if the Earth is warming, it does not matter whether we shut off every single polluting element we own, and we subsequently delve ourselves back into the Pre-Industrialization period, because it will make no difference whatsoever. Therefore, it is quite apparent that this entire "Green Movement" is nothing more than an over hyped, over politicized, illogical ideology commencing forth through both fraud and fallacies, and that is the bottom line.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Well, co2 dont drive the climate, if that was the case, the co2 levels would not lag behind the heat changes...

new topics

top topics

join