It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Understanding monorites not in White Republican's DNA" - Dick Durbin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
www.google.com...

Democrats clearly enjoyed being on the other side of the confirmation process, defending a Democratic nominee.

"When we asked questions of the white male nominees of a Republican president, we were basically trying to ... make sure that they would go far enough in understanding the plight of minorities, because clearly that was not in their DNA," Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill., said.

Can you beleive the pure hatred being spewed here? Forget the fact hes making claims about skin color and genetics. Hes making the claim that white people don't have it in their DNA. I don't care if hes white himself, as the democrat party has an abundance of self hating white folk. They are the equivalent of a so called "house negro".

Hes also making the tired democrat claim that Republicans hate minorities. They simply cant understand that we just disagree with their approach. They don't get that most of us don't care about skin color. Its not something that we factor in to people's character.

None the less Democrats have successfully convinced most minorities that Republicans are the devil, while keeping them nice and defendant.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

While I think the comments of Sen. Durbin were in poor taste, I think he was using the phrase metaphorically. He was not implying that white republicans were somehow genetically flawed. He was simply implying that they as a group do not seem to be able to understand the "plight of minorities"

I agree with you, though. It stupid trash politics.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The republicans are *snip* They won't listen to whoever isn't a rich, white man. And have you ever really seen that many non-white or poor republicans?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by The Killah29

Yes, I have lots of black Republican friends. In fact, I've seen a growing number of them.

Look at all the prominent black, Hispanic or female figures in the Republican party. Every single one of them gets smeared almost daily in the media. With the exception of Colin Powell of course, since he endorsed Obama. So, I think a lot of minorities probably feel like they'll be attacked if their open Republicans.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Killah29
The republicans are *snip* They won't listen to whoever isn't a rich, white man. And have you ever really seen that many non-white or poor republicans?

Yes and Yes. The vast majority of Republicans here in the South are not rich. Far from it! And many are black! Republican is the new Democrat. It took me a while to convince my father, but all the values that lifelong Democrats hold dear, are now Republican values! There has been a policy flip-flop over the years. The rich, condescending, power elites are now Democrats, with the poor working class clinging to conservative Republican values!

[edit on 15-7-2009 by getreadyalready]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

You think so? Things are flipping back to the way they were a long long time ago?

I haven't really seen it, but I know my black friends do not like Obama they are all skeptical of Obama and his cause.

I'm in the south my self.

Either way this comment should have not come out of this senators mouth.

new topics

top topics

join