It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel to strike Iran soon?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Since when did Israel do the right thing? I doubt this will happen, but I wouldn't be suprised. Let's hope they are screwing with some hardliners that day, not other countries.

I think in hindsight bombing the Iraq reactor was(the right thing).How can anyone now say it wasn't??

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Wow some nice experts here.

Iran is russian ally, they are selling them a lot of weapons and when Israel attacks Iran Russia will respond.
Iraq was also Russian ally in 1981 and that didn't help them. And no war had started. Israel simply blow up Osirak reactor and Sadam couldn't do nothing.

Israel only survives because USA are supporting them.
Israel survived until 1967 without american support. They won 3 wars (1948, 1956, 1967).

Have Israelis done anything good?
Without the Osirak strike Sadam would be now in control of Kuwait and Saudi Arabia and the US could do nothing.

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
www.americanfreepress.net... n_to_Armageddon/countdown_to_armageddon.html

Russia wont let it happen.

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
A Jewish friend of mine has a funny t-shirt, it reads "Six days, b-word!" (I didn't want to get yelled at for a swear, the filter didn't catch it)

[Edited on 9-5-2004 by curme]

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashley
www.americanfreepress.net... n_to_Armageddon/countdown_to_armageddon.html

Russia wont let it happen.

When Israel bombs Iran Russia WILL DO NOTHING as I already said they done nothing when Israelis bombed Osirak and it was during cold war and Russia was superpower!
P.S. American cruise misiles are much better than some Sunburn.

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
The Russian miltary hardly comes out to play anymore

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
When your Defense Budget is a meager $12 billion dollars, I guess that would make it quite difficult to "come out and play" infinite.

seekerof

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Looks like this is being agreed with as an imminent possibility on Strategy Page, by | May 10, 2004 | James F. Dunnigan.Strategy Page

An excerpt,

"May 10, 2004: Israel is apparently preparing to conduct a long range bombing mission to destroy Iranian nuclear weapons development facilities. Iran has denied trying to build nuclear weapons, but journalists and international nuclear weapons inspectors have found otherwise"

The article goes on to explain some of the mechanics of a future raid.

This is what I like most about ATS, we always seem to be a step ahead of other sources.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
First off, a former superpower with crumbling weaponry and nuclear missiles that they keep track of as well as I keep track of the remote control for my TV, quite frankly, isn't going to do jack. They do talk very well. I've always given that to the Russians, they are a group of people who can be painted into a corner and make it seem like that corner is the place to be. But at this point in time it's just words. Look at them. Putin's man in Chechnya is dead. Who did it? Why look at that... Islamic Extremists!! Do you honestly think that a nation that's STILL reeling from the collapse of it's empire 13 years ago is going to face off against the only remaining superpower to defend a group of people who want them all dead anyways? I think not. Weapons contracts are nice. It's cool that Russia wants to make a few bucks shipping stuff to a bunch of nutcases. But that only goes so far. They're not going to stick their neck out for them any more than they did for Saddam. I don't recall seeing Russia attacking anyone for nailing Iraq and I guarantee that in the event something was to occur in Iran you would see the same empty rhetoric and lack of action from Russia again. The Russians are very intelligent. Stop painting them as otherwise.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I would say this is the perfect time for Israel to attack Iran. It would eliminate a threat to the US (radical muslims with nukes is never good for any of us). At the same time even if Iran was to dig up a few planes out of the sand to retaliate, the US would NEVER allow them to fly across Iraq, we would force them back or shoot them down. The other option would be to go through Saudi Arabia or Kuwait. Neither of those countries want's to piss of the US, so no fly zones there most likely.

The chance of any harm coming to Israel is probably limited to terrorist attacks, something they deal with anyway.

I hope they do attack, they helped us in 81 with Saddam and they can help us now.

Wait, we seem to benefit from these types of attacks, and some wonder why we support Israel...

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
If Israel will not attack Iran nuclear facilities, the US should take this job. Four B2 bombers and the work is done .... I think it is UNACCEPTABLE to leave Iran manufacture nukes. It is already too bad, that Pakistan has some.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Why does everyone here believe it is acceptable for America (a country the has used nuclear weapons on civilians) to keep a massive nuclear arsenal and continue to develop new nukes, but no-one believes it right that Iran should build them.

Iran only wants them to fend of U.S agression. The same reason Saddam wanted them. If Saddam had developed nuclear weapons then the war in Iraq would never have occured.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
The treat is real enough to the Iranians because they are publicly vowing retaliation in case of Israeli strike on their nuclear facilities.
Guardian Story

"TEHRAN, Iran (AP) - Iran's top nuclear negotiator warned Israel on Tuesday that his country would retaliate if the Jewish state were to attack Iranian nuclear facilities"

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by BasementAddix
The middle east NEVER was a stable area to begin with....never ever ever...its too hot.

You just stumbled upon the solution to the whole problem...send them air conditioners.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eddie999
Why does everyone here believe it is acceptable for America (a country the has used nuclear weapons on civilians) to keep a massive nuclear arsenal and continue to develop new nukes, but no-one believes it right that Iran should build them.

Iran only wants them to fend of U.S agression. The same reason Saddam wanted them. If Saddam had developed nuclear weapons then the war in Iraq would never have occured.

This is not about the right or not right. Country that can hold the persons protected by diplomatic imunity as hostages is not a country you can trust - especially if this country has the same goverment like before 20 years.

About your second point - yes it may be true that Iran and Iraq wanted the nukes just to protect themselves. But If Sadam had a nuke there will also be no Kuwait and no Saudi Arabia just a big Sadamland. And if you think the muslim terorists (for them would it be no problem to come in power in some ME countries) will hesitate to use the nukes against their enemies so continue dreaming. Tell me what will happen when for example Lybia had nukes in 80ties and they will spread the terror around the world without the fear of retaliation?

[Edited on 11-5-2004 by longbow]

[Edited on 11-5-2004 by longbow]

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Iran only wants them to fend of U.S agression. The same reason Saddam wanted them.

I'm not sure where to start on this... firstly, all I can really say is Wow.

What an interesting world you live in that you think Saddam Hussein only pursued weapons of mass destruction to keep out the bastard Americans.

I won't make any personal attacks, but let me just say I think your point of view is insane.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
What an interesting world you live in that you think Saddam Hussein only pursued weapons of mass destruction to keep out the bastard Americans.

I won't make any personal attacks, but let me just say I think your point of view is insane.

Why do you say this? Would you care to expand.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eddie999
Why does everyone here believe it is acceptable for America (a country the has used nuclear weapons on civilians) to keep a massive nuclear arsenal

Iran only wants them to fend of U.S agression. The same reason Saddam wanted them.

Eddie999, Most Arab/Moslem nations have sworn to Israels destruction by whatever means available.
North Korea has sworn to take back the South by whatever means available.(U.S. deterence/stops this for the moment)

That means if these countries had the bomb they would use it for offensive purpose not defensive or counter-force use.

The western powers and I am including Russia here, have not sworn to anybodys destruction. So far they have been strictly deterence to another major war like WWII.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Edie I think you may have a bit of a warped view of the Arab world. Saddam and those in power in Iran are not looking for protection. They are zealots looking for control. Saddam wanted to control the middle east and Iran wants to control/destroy anyone not of their faith and essentially their tribe.

Pakistan is the same, except their appears to be a somewhat subdued leader there now keeping it in check.

Have no doubt, if Iran, Syria or Iraq were to get a nuke, it would be used. Maybe not against us but certainly against Israel. They feel they owe it to their god, certainly a dangerous point of view.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Great Thread!

I can't help thinking about the possible implications of this.

If Israel does strike these nuclear sites, in a attack with fighter/bombers and as they did in 1981 in Iraq, and Iran does find some way to retaliate against Israel... all of this happens while we are caught in the middle.. Do you think this will force us to get involved and if so will do we have enough military power in the region to handle it???

I think it is quite possible Israel feels it has no choice but to attack Iran... But I wonder if they are in private hoping that the USA will join the fight.

This will not have a good outcome no matter which way it goes... IMO

Gazz

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join