It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TinWiki: Black Bird of Chernobyl

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
The Black Bird of Chernobyl was an Avian Cryptid. The menacing phone calls, horrific nightmares and sightings began in the middle of April, 1986 and ended with the 'fleeing' of the Black Bird from a burning reactor during the Chernobyl Disaster of April 26, 1986.

Overview

Before the Disaster

For a few days employees at Chernobyl, a nuclear power station located near Pripyat, Ukraine had reported frightening phenomena. Some had received menacing phone calls, had horrifying nightmares while others said they had seen a large, dark, headless man with gigantic wings and fiery eyes. Despite the best intentions of officials there was nothing they could do.

The Chernobyl Disaster

During a routine test of Reactor 4 a massive explosion rocked the Chernobyl power station. While firefighters and employees battled to contain the radioactive blaze and prevent further destruction, several employees claimed that a 20' bird escaped the reactor, gliding through the irradiated smoke into the sky. There were reports later that many more employees had seen the bird.

Description

According to workers before the Disaster the creature was a large, dark, headless man with gigantic wings and fiery eyes. Later reports described it as a '20 foot bird' that escaped from a reactor. Also of note were menacing phone calls and nightmares that occurred before the Disaster and the 'harbinger of disaster' aspect of the Black Bird.

Theories

Mothman

The Black Bird of Chernobyl's description, phenomena occuring and 'portent of disaster' image seem eerily similiar to the Mothman of the U.S, leading some to see it as a relative, or even one and the same. Both are described as dark and headless, with gigantic wings and fiery eyes. The nightmares and phone calls are also quite similar to those that surrounded the Mothman's appearance in the U.S. Also of note is the 'harbinger of disaster' aspect of the Black Bird, it occuring before what would later become the worst nuclear disaster in history, and Mothman appearing prior to the collapse of the Silver Bridge between Point Pleasant, West Virginia and Kanauga, Ohio in December of 1967.

Black Stork

Another theory is that the Black Bird was just a black stork, an endangered species endemic to southern Eurasia. However this theory fails to take into account the phone calls, nightmares and how it could have survived . Also it doesn't address the fact that black stork have only been seen near Chernobyl after, not before, the disaster.

Chernobyl Kaptar

There have been recent rumours of a wingless red eyed hominid the Chernobyl Kaptar in the Chernobyl area.

Role of The Mothman Prophecies Movie

Most on-line reports and facts for The Black Bird of Chernobyl seem to be derived on the publicity material surrounding The Mothman Prophecies (2002) a movie that combined fiction with supposed fact. Thus there is a question mark surrounding their reliability.

External Links

The Black Bird of Chernobyl
Cryptozoology Forum Post
Production information for The Mothman Prophecies including details for The Black Bird of Chernobyl

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
A projection of Satan as a demonic blackbird,representing the horrible inciddents following the days after?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
No head but has fiery eyes??

Where are its eyes located?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Where the base of the neck would be from what I have hear, like imagine one of those birds with a long neck who's head align with their chest most of the time

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by WikiEditor

I find this topic fascinating,I believe the Mothman to be a real entity.There have been many well documented cases in recent history.I want to know is where they come from,and if there are more than one out there.There's no telling what Chernobyl has produced or any other nuclear accidents or nuclear testings but there seems to be a connection between power plants and the Mothman sightings.If I'm remembering correctly wasn't the power plant in Point Pleasant nuclear?Anyway I'm curious to see if they will be any sightings of him in Fukushima,Japan?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

Perhaps they already had them but are not publicly releasing them in fear of being mocked?

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Bit late I know, that's how I roll!!

But this "Black Bird of Chernobyl" seems to be a creepy pasta story.

And a pretty good one at that, thought I was onto a winner there!

Oh well, Moving on

top topics

join