It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best SS Reading?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I am looking for a few good reads concerning the world of SS and conspiracy theory in general. Is there anyone out there would would like to make a few suggestions for me? I would really appreciate it!

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
This one here is good...

Amazon link

Secret Societies: Their Mysteries Revealed - John Lawrence Reynolds

Customer review:

With a wider scope than the usual rehashes of Illuminati and Freemasonic conspiracy theories, Reynolds presents a detailed and interesting comparision of secret societies on three continents. He also explores the fascination the subject exerts on popular culture. While those looking for sensational revelations may be disappointed, the book is a useful introduction to the subject. I was pleased to see a comprehensive index.

Salsa

I enjoyed it. I learned a lot and wasn't dissapointed. If I remember correctly the author sometimes downplays the conspiracy angle... but do not worry, it's all in there.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by and14263]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
My personal favorite is Rule by Secrecy by Jim Marrs.

It's an ideal book to start with because it has a great bibliography. It provides an excellent platform for further research.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Just for pleasurable reading, I always enjoyed "A History of Secret Societies" by Arkon Daraul. I haven't read it in 15+ years, and not since I became a Mason, so I really can't speak to how accurate of it really is.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
thanks guys

looks lie a good place to dig in.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
There is a book about secret societies and ritual in the Victorian era that was a really good read.

I guess google that...

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
And the point of that post is....? There are thousands of good books out there available to anyone. I won't google every book printed. Where's this post going?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I agree...I guess he was just looking for a starting place...

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Richardfromoxford

What lodge bro and where is it?
I'll try to help.

top topics

join