It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A tough pill to swallow - How the birth control pill affects the marine environment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

A tough pill to swallow - How the birth control pill affects the marine environment

green.sympatico.msn.ca

It’s easy to see why the birth control pill is the most popular contraceptive in Canada

But in recent years, alarming results of environmental studies have come to light

researcher Karen Kidd and her team spent two years spiking lakes with synthetic estrogen to mimic the effect of estrogen that is expelled in urine and winds up in wastewater.

They found that the hormone was interfering with the reproductive systems of male minnows; in effect, the fish had become “feminized.”

anada’
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

“I always say, if you’re concerned about water quality, go ask the fish. They live there.”

Absolutely!

And this is not good, i've already posted some articles here on ATS about alarming levels of estrogen in canadian waters.

I don't know if Canadians are having WAYY more sex than americans, but our water here has so much estrogen in it.

We've destroyed our ecosystem!

A weak amount of estrogen can be found in a surprising number of products besides the birth control pill, from red wine to detergent to tofu.

Estrogen in detergent?
Estrogen in tofu????

green.sympatico.msn.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
So, how exactly do they want this to cost me more money?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
More proof that living on tofu makes men into women

Though a good merlot is hard to beat.

Wonder how much of the stuff makes its way to the Gulf of Mexico. Combine this with what the nitrogen runoff has done to the mouth of the Mississippi and you'll have a lot of gay jellyfish.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
lol, just sent this link to coworkers
and kinda made a joke to a girl that I tend to joke with with male chauvinistic humor

I said "see, estrogen in detergent, that's proof right there that it's women's god given duty to clean"

She punched me soooo hard on the arm

OUCHHH

still in pain

new topics

top topics

join