It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Plans to Tax Millionaires to Fund Health Care

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by junglejake

Franchises? What the hell do franchises do to stimulate production and good paying jobs in the economy? Franchises for the most part are service based industries that offer no skills, no wages, very little benefits. Yeah those poor poor wealthy franchise owners who exploit teenagers and other low skilled workers. No one is saying take away all their money and no one is saying they are evil. But you act like most wealthy business people are all charity driven, altruists. LMAO! Far from the truth dude. Oh that poor business owner who makes several million dollars a year might have to pay an extra $50K in taxes. Poor guy!

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

As was eluded to above, there's a huge difference between earning $14,000 a year and $0 a year.

My point was not poor millionaire. My point was, you will be effected, even if you're not clearing $1M/yr.

What percentage of small tech industry business, with salaries averaging around $60k with good benefits was started by someone earning $100k/yr? And what percentage by the 1 - 2 million dollar entrepreneurs?

You will be effected by this, no matter how much you hate folks who have more than you.

[edit on 7/15/2009 by junglejake]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by junglejake

Your argument is so flawed. First off it's not the people that make a $900K-$1million a year that are going around starting up all the high tech/biotech/scientific and manufacturing companies. It's the multi-multimillionaires. BOTH GROUPS can afford to pay more in taxes. If their companies weren't profitable they wouldn't be millionaires. So with that being said they can afford a little more in taxes. They'll have to dip into their profit instead of laying people off or diminishing wages. That's what you don't understand. It's all about choices. Rich people have the choice to give up a little more of their comfort and their lifestyle. But they won't or usually don't.

I know how wealthy people live. I live in Orange County, CA. Do you? I've talked to car salesmen at Fletcher Jones Mercedes dealership. You know the people that actually run people's credit and income. One of the salesman told me the other day a lady came in and bought a brand new Benz for $150K. You know how much her husband a "business owner" cleared every month? $10 million. A MONTH! And you act like everyone that is a multimillionaire is a "business owner". What about all the Hollywood celebrities and professional athletes that are multimillionaires? Godforbid some of their HARD EARNED wealth is redistributed to others. Get over it. There is plenty of money in the US to fund healthcare. Its all about greed and those who have it don't want to give it up.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

Woo hoo(that was sarcasm), between my husband and I that puts us right smack dab in the middle .... of middle income. (approx 50,000 a year for those that don't understand middle, middle income)

Who knew I was so rich, not me. In this economy, it ain't what it used to be. Now, 20 years ago, the income we make now would have actually meant something.

And no, we cannot afford health insurance for our family, and our employment does not offer any.

I don't see how taxing millionaires and above 5.4 percent of their income is a problem what so ever. Boo Hoo for them.

millionaires middle class.

burdman30ott6 and others, this is in regards to personal income, not businesses, or corporations.

Harm None
Peace

millionaires are middle class

millionaires middle class.
Sorry, just can't stop laughing at that one, are people really so brainwashed as to believe that millionaires are middle class or even "upper" middle class?

Suddenly I know what part of the problem is with society. We are all being led around by our noses all for $$$$$$$$$ Too bad we are not all being led around by our abundance of caring for one another. This world might actually have a chance then.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by amazed

Almost as funny as "franchise" owners stimulating the US economy. I mean after all we could use more Subways, McDonald's, and Maggie Moos ice creams shops on every corner right? LMAO!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join