It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama flubs the first pitch at All-Star game

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Well, I've read and respectfully disagreed with you before. But this is retarded. Congratulations! Second on the ignore list!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Here's Obama throwing out the first pitch at the All-Star game. He throws worse than a girl.

Maybe all the booing got to him. The driver of the golf cart certainly didn't seemed too impressed.

mlb.mlb.com...

While he is the POTUS, how is this political news?

Or can us Aussies start making threads about mundane and everyday things our PM does?

Kevin Rudd appears on Rove. Makes no sense. Appears a fool. Thread at 11.

(edit my typos)

[edit on 16/7/2009 by Ha`la`tha]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   

This thread is lame? Yeah, probably, but tough noogies. The guy is rapidly destroying America, flaunting the laws like no other 'president' ever has, and my contempt for him runs very deep. I will ridicule him every chance I get.

Well, it is one thing to post in response to a thread with little or no actual contribution to this forum, but to create the thread which contributes little towards this forum, as you just stated is nothing more than your personal vendetta, is another thing.

My fault, I suppose. I chose to open the thread.

(typos again)

[edit on 16/7/2009 by Ha`la`tha]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   

The guy is rapidly destroying America, flaunting the laws like no other 'president' ever has,

Two words for ya

George
Bush

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   

You can stop slamming poor Obama right now!

He inherited the ball from George Bush.
The pitchers mound was made from non-union labor.
The telepromtor told him to throw an inside curve.
-and-
Joe Biden was quoted later as saying, "The administration underestimated the distance between the pitchers mound and home plate".

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I am by no means an "maobama" supporter but that was as good a pitch as could be expected.

The catcher caught it so it wasnt THAT bad.

Whats telling is the amount of booing....hmm.

People are waking up. Good.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

You can stop slamming poor Obama right now!

He inherited the ball from George Bush.
The pitchers mound was made from non-union labor.
The telepromtor told him to throw an inside curve.
-and-
Joe Biden was quoted later as saying, "The administration underestimated the distance between the pitchers mound and home plate".

EXCELLENT WAY TO START MY DAY! THANKS FOR THE LAUGH!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

And this kind of attitude is why conservatives got their hat handed to them in the last election.

Obama and the Dems engaged in attack politics, going so far as to question the patronage of Palin's children, while McCain issued an edict prohibing his staff from using Obama's middle name.

Too much Mr. Nice Guy. Public perception takes over when people get a skewed view of issues and candidates. Dirty politics works.

Time to fight fire with fire.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I would love to find out what the so-called "POLITICAL" issue is about this...

How does this impact teh politics of Obama: clue: NOT AT ALL

The Obamaphobes have stooped to a new low... ah well, i didn't expect less from those folks

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Compared to WHO?BUSH?McCAIN?PALIN?Are you living in a paralell universe or something?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   

I'm surprised he didn't have his teleprompters set up on the mound to tell him what to do.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Maybe, but have you seen his jump shot?
Guy's obviously an athlete.
Baseball sucks anyway.....

See? It's annoying when people try to pick a fight with you.........

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Not an Obama supporter, or a Bush supporter, or a Clinton supporter, etc... since Kennedy no one to really support.

But I will say that this thread is stupid. Why is it on ATS? I don't really see any worth to it as it has no valuable information, no ideas, and really no conspiracy behind it.

Frankly, jsobecky I think you're just trying to nitpick. I've read a lot of your threads and they're rampant with close-minded thinking, personal attacks, and an overall disregard for the facts.

Obama is doing a bunch of things wrong, I agree, but come on.

Did you really need to make this thread?

You could have at least tied the supposed 'flub' into something political to make it a thread worth debating.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by JipStix]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
The haters will attack him for anything, won't they. His pitch was fine. He's the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, not a major league pitcher. What would they say if he threw an absolutely perfect ball that knocked the catcher on his butt? "Look at this! The president threw a super ball. It proves he's a genetically enhanced super human trying to take over the country." Or "OMG, He's a ROBOT! Obama is a robot!"

Sad how the US has turned into a pissing contest between two completely moronic groups. Haters and fanatics. I have to say, using peoples emotions to manipulate them is quite effective. If they dislike something, you can manipulate it into pure stupid hatred and turn them into puppets. If they admire someone, you can manipulate that into blind stupid faith and turn them into puppets.

From what I've seen, we've already lost. Not because of Obama, but because of our own self righteous arrogance, our refusal to grow, and our refusal to see what is instead of what we want to see.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JipStix

I've read a lot of your threads

Well thank you for reading. I'm flattered.

But I'm afraid I've never heard of you. Next time you read one of my threads, jump in and cross swords. It'll be fun.

and they're rampant with close-minded thinking, personal attacks, and an overall disregard for the facts.

Now there you go casting stones while in your glass house.

But that's OK, I've been called worse. Why, I've been called racist in this thread alone! One must not criticize the messiah, eh?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Here's Obama throwing out the first pitch at the All-Star game. He throws worse than a girl.

Maybe not "worse" than a girl.....to a non-baseball fan it probably looked fine. But really, THAT was weak. Not his most macho moment. He should never do that again.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Lol...

I said I didn't support (or vote) for Obama. I really don't care for his policies at agenda at all.

I am just saying that when you make a thread, it might help to be more open, and to consider other people's ideas. And also, tie it in with something else. For a thread like this, maybe be like,

"Obama flubs All-Star pitch, just like Health Care" or something to that effect. My point is that the thread is somewhat lacking in substance. I'm not personally attacking you, so please don't take it that way, just maybe add more meat next time for discussion.

Also, I don't live in a glass house. My house is about 40% glass. I don't think I'd want to live in a glass house either because you'd get sunburned all the time, and would have no privacy.

That said, I am an open-minded person that never personally attacks anyone (even when they deserve it), and always put in extra effort to make sure I am as close to fact as possible. I admit, sometimes I mess up, but I'm human so I've come to accept that. No one's perfect, but you can at least try to do a little better.

And again, I am NOT an Obama supporter, so stop trying to paint me with that brush, I'm not a canvas.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by JipStix]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JipStix

You can LOL all you want, but the fact remains that you crossed a very important line when you attacked a member (me) instead of the post. That's a big no-no on ATS.

I suggest you review the following threads:

The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS

Civility And Decorum Are Required on AboveTopSecret.com

And also, the thread on Courtesy is Mandatory.

Keep it above board. We can all play in the same sandbox.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by jsobecky]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I'm not going to get into this with you, as it is pertinent to stay on the topic of the thread, but I suggest you return and read the two links you posted. I have read the T&C and these two posts, as well as many others countless times, and haven't violated anything.

Back on topic, it wasn't a bad throw. Bush didn't exactly have a great arm, neither did Clinton. I don't know if there's ever been a flame-throwing president with great accuracy and a fantastic arm.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
New thread title:

Obama flubs the first pitch at All-Star game [HOAX]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join