It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pole Shift Related To 2012?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Apologies if this was already brought up in another thread... feel free to delete it if thats the case.

Anyways,

According to Comsmos Magazine:

Earth's poles long overdue for reversal
SYDNEY: A reversal of the Earth's magnetic poles could happen sooner than we think, according to Dutch scientists who report that the planet's magnetic field is becoming gradually less stable.

A reversal could affect everything from navigation and communications equipment to the composition of the atmosphere, say experts.

The report, published today in the U.K. journal Nature Geoscience, found that reversals have been far more common in the last 200 million years than they were deep in the planet's history.

Further More

"The Earth's magnetic field is important for shielding the atmosphere, and us, from damage caused by the solar wind," explained Biggin. "It's also used by us and other species for navigation". An increase in solar wind would disrupt communications equipment and power grids.

Can this weak magnetic field describe why some migrating birds are losing their way?

Current records suggest that we are long overdue for our next reversal, he said. "On average, there is a reversal around every 400,000 years, but this varies a lot." The geological record suggests that the last reversal was around 800,000 years ago.

As you can see it seems we're way overdue for a flip.

Full Article Here

Pole Reversal weakens the earth's magnetic field and in turn can make its inhabitants become vitims to solar wind and radiation.

How will this exposure to space radiation and solar wind effect humans?

This catastrophe will not only result in the massive destruction of life on earth, but also its continued existence, however incomprehensible this may sound. Let me explain this. The magnetic field of the earth is not an accident of natural science. Its primary task is to protect us against cosmic and solar radiation. Without this field, life is practically impossible and in a short time, life on our planet would be extinguished. An all-burning, deadly radioactive radiation would torment the earth's surface.

So here we are talking about an incompatible duality: despite the fact that a huge amount of people, animals and plants will die, life will continue to exist, because the exhausted battery of the earth will be reloaded by the enormous solar storm. During thousands of years the magnetic field of the earth can therefore remain stable, protecting the flora and fauna against the damaging radiation. While doing this job, the inner battery of the earth will run out again and another cycle of destruction followed by creation and mutation will start anew.

That Full Article Here

During my research i have found many articles nay saying this happening. Regardless what do you think?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Eh, it is hard to say. The fossil record does indicate a series of polar shifts, but the effects of such a thing are pure speculation. It may be one really bad day or it may be a 1000 day apocalypse. Apparently it is survivable, though given that life didn't reset to primordials 400K years ago.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
There is no regular cycle to the magnetic shifts, to say we are "overdue" makes no sense.

While there is some evidence which indicates we "may" be undergoing a shift, the shifts in the past occurred over a span of thousands of years. They do not happen suddenly.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

How will this exposure to space radiation and solar wind effect humans?

I have a theory. Follow this link: 2012 Consciousness Theory

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by The Killah29

read that theory pretty awesome / eye opening

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Armisteadmg42

That theory doesn't seem to have anything to do with a pole shift. Its more a shift in conscience...

PEACE!!!

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I am stuck on my theory concerning the poles flipping. The way I see it is the magnetic poles are in the process of flipping. As they do the Magnetic field weakens. Therefor making us venerable for solar flares. And with the decrease in activity from the sun it is almost imminent. You know how it gets erie quiet when it is about to rain really hard or when lighting is about to strike? that is what the sun is like now.. and in the next 3 years it will erupt with activity during the same time our magnetic fields will be down.. therefor making us in danger.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
If the ice cracks open we might see old alien ships frozen. If they are intact they might still have frozen aliens.

new topics

top topics

join