It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Part monkey, part sheep

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Part monkey, part sheep

www.reuters.com

Japanese researchers have altered a sheep to grow monkey tissue in an attempt to turn animals into human organ biofactories.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Customized human organs for implantation. This is pretty amazing, if not a little scary.

The Pros of this type of stem cell implantation is that there is no rejection of the organ after implantation. A problem for about 15% of transplants. A larger problem is infections or unknown pathogens from donated organs.

Cons, well... Who knows what this would turn into. There could be a tendency to change the process to make a heart stronger or liver more productive and result in unknown mutations.

Let me know where you stand on the issue!

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Does this mean my dream of owning my own manbearpig, half bear, half pig, half man, will become a reality ?

That is so awesome!

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

...dream of owning my own manbearpig...

I want a SpiderPig.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
This is actually great news.

Strides like this make scary concepts like "The Island" much more benign, because the island will be full of sheep, not human clones.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by axiomuser

Well, we all know how gonorrhea was introduced into the Human population....now we'll have to watch out for hoof and mouth disease....

Yikes!

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I hear ya man,

The possiblities will be endless for all cool, funky and freaky pets we will be able to have thanks to genetics!

Bring on the genome revolution!

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I thought on this planet we already had nearly 6 Billion creatures that are part monkey, part sheep?

Edit for corrent number. Doh

[edit on 15/7/2009 by lightchild]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
We are not responsible enough for ourselves and the multitudes of dying species and yet they want to do this type of frankenstein experiemnts? Who speaks up for the sheep, who have a mind, heart and conscious developing soul?

I feel so sad and sorry for the poor damned sheep and monkeys, this planet needs a huge over haul.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

The same people who speak up for all the animals we slaughter for human consumption ?

I'm sure P.E.T.A (no, not the People for Eating of Tasty Animals) will be onto this though holding protests

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

It always ventures back to the same old peta replies when talking about consciousness and animal protections.

Give me something new to consider huh?

It is diabolical and evil what happens to the earth in order to provide space to grow the genetically engineered wheat and grass to feed the billions of cattle which will be used to gorge the masses into stupidity and desensitization.

You have no clue as to what they suffer, you dont care it is a convenience and something that has been thrown down your throat since the beginning.

It is not natural.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
What if we genetically design the Sheep to not have a mind or a brain or one that is very small like the size of a insects? Then no one will get mad that the sheep can feel pain or have emotions and stuff.

Sound good? Or no?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
We are not responsible enough for ourselves and the multitudes of dying species and yet they want to do this type of frankenstein experiemnts? Who speaks up for the sheep, who have a mind, heart and conscious developing soul?

I feel so sad and sorry for the poor damned sheep and monkeys, this planet needs a huge over haul.

I thought we were commanded by this God that everyone follows to subdue and dominate the animals and land?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Not natural ?

Animals hunt fauna

Animals also eat flora

Humans are merely a more intelligent animal

What is not natural about eating flora & fauna ?

Just how exactly are you still alive if you're so opposed to eating food ?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I asked myself, self; If I found out today that without a heart transplant in a year I'd die what would my opinion be? I'd say yes, grow that puppy, err man-sheep I mean.

Seriously, you have to ask yourself your honest opinion if your life were involved to get a true answer. It would be easy to say that is a bad idea when nothing is on the line, but when its our life on the line the whole situation would change.

The sheep was surprising. From what I've seen a pig is the closest match and what I've seen discussed before in regards to growing organs. Of course a nice crop of wool would save money on clothes and winter wear.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
When I saw the opening post title, I thought it was referring to the former leader of the "free world" and is followers.... I apologize for saying this but it was the first thought that crossed my mind.

top topics

join