It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman warns of 'Big Brother dossier'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Congressman warns of 'Big Brother dossier'

www.wnd.com

Bill would ensure citizens aren't forced to take extended Census survey

"The federal government has a constitutional duty to count the number of people in the United States every 10 years," Republican Ted Poe told WND, "but the federal government has no business keeping a comprehensive personal profile on every American citizen."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
If you havn't already read the questionnaire read it at the link below.
The American Community Survey

Here are some of the intrusive questions that you will be forced to answer if this bill does not pass. Not to mention the felons at ACORN will most likely be administering the survey.

Please Support H.R. 3131

The first section of the ACS asks for the full name of each person living in the household, the total number of people in the household, how the people are related to each other, the date of birth of each person in the household, the sex and race of each person in the household and whether any of the people in the household are of Hispanic, Latino or Spanish origin.

The second section surveys housing, asking whether the household lives in a mobile home, a one-family detached home, a one-family home attached to one or more houses, an apartment or a boat, RV or van.

Then the ACS asks what year the building was built, when "Person No. 1" from the housing section moved into the home; how many acres the home is on; what agricultural products were sold from the property in the last 12 months; whether the property was used as a business; how many separate rooms are in the house; whether the house has hot and cold running water; whether the house has a flush toilet, a shower or bathtub, a sink with a faucet, a stove or range, a refrigerator, and a telephone; how many cars, vans and trucks are kept at the property; and what fuel is most used at the property – gas, electricity, fuel oil or kerosene, coal or coke, wood, solar energy, or "other."

Further, the housing section asks what was last month's bill for energy, the cost of water and sewage for the housing unit in the last year, whether anyone in the household received food stamps in the last year, the monthly rental or mortgage cost of the unit, an estimate of the resale value of the housing unit, the unit's annual property taxes, and the annual cost of fire, hazard and flood insurance on the property.

Person No. 1 in the household, the ACS wants to know if that person is a citizen, if the person was born in the U.S. or when the person came to the U.S.; whether the person had attended college in the last three years and what is the highest level of education completed; the person's ancestry or ethnic origin; whether the person speaks a language other than English at home, and if yes, what language; whether the person lived in the housing unit or an apartment a year ago; whether the person is covered by health insurance, and if so, by what type of health insurance.

Next, Person No. 1 must answer if he/she is deaf or has difficulty hearing; if the person is blind or has serious difficulty seeing even when wearing glasses; if the person has difficulty concentrating, remembering or making decisions because of a physical, mental or emotional condition; whether the person has serious difficulty walking or climbing stairs; whether the person has difficulty bathing or dressing; whether the person has difficulty doing errands alone such as visiting a doctor's office or shopping because of a physical, mental, or emotional condition; what is the person's marital status; whether the person has given birth to any children in the past 12 months; whether the person has any grandchildren under the age of 18 in the house or apartment; whether the person has ever served on active duty in the U.S. armed forces; whether the person has a Veterans Administration service-connected disability rating, and if yes, what percentage is the VA disability rating.

The ACS also asks whether Person No. 1 worked last week for pay; at what address, town, city and country did the person work last week; how did the person get to work and if by car, bus, railroad, taxi, motorcycle, bicycle or on foot; whether the person, if unemployed, has been actively looking for work in the past four weeks; whether the person, if unemployed, was available to start work if offered a job or recalled to work in the past week; and how many weeks the person worked in the past year and how many hours per week.

Finally, Person No. 1 must disclose whether their most recent work was for a private for-profit company, a private not-for-profit, a local government, a state government, or the federal government, or whether the person was self employed in their own incorporated or not-incorporated business, or whether the person worked without pay in a family business or on the family farm; the name of the employer; the type of business; whether the business was manufacturing, wholesale trade, retail trade, or other; the exact job description of the person and their most important duties; their income over the past 12 months and the amount of that income that came from wages, salary, commission, bonuses or tips; whether the person received any Social Security or Railroad Retirement benefits, or any other type of public assistance in the past 12 months; and the person's entire income over the past 12 months, both from employment or public welfare sources.

-E-

www.wnd.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-7-2009 by MysterE]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

I'll write my Representative,for all the good it will do. I think everyone should file 13 the whole questionaire. What are they going to do about it when there are over 100 million non responses.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

Good Idea, I guarentee you I will absolutely not fill this survey out. They have no right to invade my privacy like that. And ACORN will possibly be administering the test! Aren't they under federal indictment for voter fraud? Ridiculous!

-E-

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

The people of the U.S. are collateral. When you owe trillions in debt, you have to prove you have the collateral to cover it.

A broadcast on RT about the economic crisis brought it home to me when a Russian diplomat said that the US' collateral was it's people. If they did not disappear. Then he chuckled.

Anyone who has read up on bankruptcy knows you have to count everything against a debt. We have a huge debt- and everything else has been counted. Obama has practically begged someone to develop alternative fuel, or some other 'miracle' resource.

The Feds say- you don't want to see the books.

No, we probably don't.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by Ev0lveUp]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ev0lveUp
reply to post by MysterE

The people of the U.S. are collateral. When you owe trillions in debt, you have to prove you have the collateral to cover it.

Hopefully enough people will not take part in this and we will no longer be able to borrow money and continue to bankrupt this country. I will not be collateral to cover the debt of a gangster government.

-E-

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Ted Poe is such a hypocrite.

He supported domestic spying when Bush was president but now thinks filling out a census form is intrusive.

What a transparent political scumbag. I wonder what secrets he has that needs to be hidden.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

I think they've prepared for that contingency as well.

This is seriously similar to a game of chess- with much higher stakes- I just haven't found the move to prevent the check-mate yet.

Perhaps an earthquake to shake loose the pieces?

This whole premise goes so far beyond a census, I cannot believe they insult us by using that term.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
More absurd questions asked:

- How well does this person speak English?

- What is the highest level of education this person has completed

- Because of a physical, mental, or emotional condition, does this person have difficulty doing errands alone such as visiting a doctor’s office or shopping?

- Because of a physical, mental, or emotional condition, does this person have serious difficulty concentrating, remembering, or making decisions?

- What kind of work was this person doing?

new topics

top topics

join