It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revealed: secretive arms tycoon behind new uranium mine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Revealed: secretive arms tycoon behind new uranium mine

www.smh.com.au

THE new uranium mine approved by the Environment Minister, Peter Garrett, will be owned by a subsidiary of one of the world's biggest arms dealers.

A colourful but reclusive billionaire named James Neal Blue, who helped devise the Predator unmanned aircraft being used in the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, is a director of Quasar Resources - the company that will control the Four Mile mine.

Quasar Resources is an affiliate of General Atomics, a US weapons and nuclear energy corporation which is chaired by Mr Blue, and reportedly holds $US700 million ($877 million) in Pentagon contracts. M
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Before I start I should mention that this is in Australia so there is no confusion.

This is unbelievable!!! Now we have a trumped up ams dealer in charge of a brand new uranium mine! Can anyone hazard a guess as to what is so infinately wrong about this scenario?

I guess this is what you get when you make an ex rock-band lead singer (Midnight Oil) into an Environmental Minister - someone remind me how the hell THAT happened?

However environmental groups have serious concerns about the height of that bar, pointing out that there is no requirement for the company to ever clean up the radioactive plumes which can be expected to drift slowly around in the water table.

Oh goody gumdrops! Let me see if I've got this right now......An ex lead singer/environmental activist turned Minister allows an arms dealer to set up shop in a brand new uranium mine and not monitor radioactive plumes galavanting joyously around the Australian water table!!!!!

Driver! Driver please stop this planet, I want to get off now.......

www.smh.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join