It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i think i had a vision

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Last night I had a dream that was ultra-realistic. At the same time I had a rush of clairity and suddenly understood relationships between myself and people I have loved like never before.

Six months ago a former girlfriend died of cancer. Since then I have felt her presence a number of times which is not only difficult to explain but difficult for me to integrate into my concept of reality because I have no frame of reference or philosophy that explains how a living person can be contacted by a dead one.

Last night I was with susanna in a dream. We were together in the here and now. I began crying as I apologized for something I had done many years ago.

The dream lasted a short time and I found myself crying when I woke up. Suddenly I came to the realization that she and I had lived together in previous lives and that she was anxious to rush back to Earth and live together again.

At the same time, I realized I had lived before with another woman I had loved in high school and saw her in a conscious flash attending my funeral during the civil war as I looked on as a ghost in my yankee officer's uniform.

I rolled over and carressed my sleeping wife's pregnant belly and tried to comprehend the short-lived moment of clairity. I wondered if she and I had lived together before.

I didn't get that conviction the way I was absolutely certain with the other two women but I remembered when we met it was love at first sight just as it had been with the other two.

About ten minutes past and I went from bolt upright, wide awake to feeling as if I had just taken a sleeping pill. As I fell back to sleep I wondered if sussana was trying to tell me that she was coming back as our new baby.

This is all very strange to me. I consider myself an open-minded rational man with a college education in chemistry and biology.

I have a strong christian faith although I have considered reincarnation. If people did indeed choose their circumstances prior to incarnating, it would explain a lot in terms of why there is so much suffering in the world.

When I got the feeling that sussana wanted to come back, it was implied that "heaven" is a wonderful place and Earth is full of suffering but it is here that we learn and truly live.

Again, it is hard to explain how clear things were. It was as if I suddenly had a cloak removed and understood one hundred things at once.

Ill be happy to answer questions. Please bear with me. My wife gets angry that I waste time on ATS.what I am looking for are similar stories and explanations. In the bible it says there will come a time when young men will prophesy and old men will have visions. Could this be a vision?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Ill be happy to answer questions. Please bear with me. My wife gets angry that I waste time on ATS.what I am looking for are similar stories and explanations. In the bible it says there will come a time when young men will prophesy and old men will have visions. Could this be a vision?

Having studied the bible it never says that reincarnation or incarnation is not possible. While others may disagree it never once states that. Infact the bible may indeed support reincarnation, but it all depends on how you read the good book and interpret it. Because not everyone interprets it the same way.

It is very possible that this was a vision. A vision of what? I cannot answer, only the reciever can answer. Maybe it was telling you that they forgive you, as you said I am sorry to the other one. Maybe your wife's child is one of them? Unless its a boy of course then its not..lol.. I am pretty sure you understand what I am trying to say.

I do have a few questions:

1) Did you smell anything in the vision? Like a burning smell or lavender maybe?
2) What did your body feel like in the process of the vision? Did you feel vibrations (shaking of the bed?) or anything like that?

I will probably ask more later, let me know.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I don't remember any distinct smells. When I first woke up I didn't feel my arms and legs. The sensation of moving my arm towards my wife brought me back and helped me realize that I was awake.

Thanks for the clairification on the bible. I am in the process of reading it for the first time. The biggest eye-opener is how little it says.

I am coming to the understanding that statements I've heard in the past were really just other peoples opininions and not based on scripture.

I didn't mention that I have been meditating every night before I go to bed. I have been trying to have lucid dreams but I always just fall asleep. This dream happened hours after I had fallen asleep.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by zarp3333

yes most of the time its someone's opinion on the bible. Its up to the reader to decide how he/she wants to interpret it. There are at least 5 ways to interpret the book..lol.. That is interesting that you couldn;t feel your body. Perhaps you experienced severe REM sleep from meditating, because meditating takes a lot out of the person, especially if you do it at night. That probably kicked strated the REM sleep and bam lucid dream. But sometimes these dreams are not dreams at all and are visions. I think you may of had a vision.

Thanks for the clairification on the bible. I am in the process of reading it for the first time. The biggest eye-opener is how little it says.

Enjoy reading it, if you need any clarifications let me know and I will explain it in 5 different interpretations. So that way you find the one that best suits you

top topics

join