It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coverup?: Italy Seized $135 BILLION Of US Bonds media blackout.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I was discussing this case with some of my co-workers. We were very interested in this case when it first broke over on month ago. We realized there has been absolutly no follow up on this case in the news. Here is the orginal news from last month. www.businessinsider.com...

It seems to me that there is a coverup going on. Someone wanted to make this story disappear and they have done a pretty good job of it.

How can there be no MSM coverage of what should be a huge story concerning all Americans? If the bonds were fake then we are talking about by far the biggest counterfit operation in history. If they were real then there is a government that is unloading huge amounts of investments in the dollar covertly. Either way it is a big story. Not many people even know about this case, its mind boggling to me.

So many unanswered questions:
1. What happened to the two Japanese man caught smuggling the bonds. Were they let go? Are they still detained?
2. Who are they and who are they connected to?
3. Where were they going with the bonds? They were going to meet up with somone.
4. Has the US government made an offical statement about the authenticity of the bonds. Counterfit or real?
5. Why is there no MSM coverage of the story? Either way it should be a big news story.

Has anyone heard new information on this case? Please share, the silence is deafening.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
You're not the only one who's incredibly interested in this bit of news, however I think you've fallen a bit behind.

The US made an official statement a while back saying the bonds were all fake and the story effectively died.

Here's the most recent report on this (July 1, 2009):

Everything suggests that the American bonds seized at Chiasso (Italy) are real
www.freerepublic.com...

This site has a great collection of news updates on this particular story:
www.freerepublic.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by kadugen
You're not the only one who's incredibly interested in this bit of news, however I think you've fallen a bit behind.

The US made an official statement a while back saying the bonds were all fake and the story effectively died.

Here's the most recent report on this (July 1, 2009):

Everything suggests that the American bonds seized at Chiasso (Italy) are real
www.freerepublic.com...

This site has a great collection of news updates on this particular story:
www.freerepublic.com...

Thanks for posting. The only statement I heard from the US government regarding the authenticity of the bonds was that they saw pictures of the bonds on the internet and from what they saw the bonds appeared to be fake. I never heard anything about an offical investigation where someone went over to Italy and examined them in person. So you have the US government saying that they "appeared" to be fake and the link you posted stating that they may actually have been real.

So back to square one. Are they real or fake? What happened to the two Japanese men caught with the bonds? Who were they working for? None of these questions have been answered with a definitive answer. If the bonds are real then this is a huge story being ignored.

new topics

join