It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Philadelphia Experiment. What do you think?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

For all I know The Philadelphia Experiment may well have been what you propose...a hoax and nothing more, and I have no wish to argue that. However, lets assume just for a moment it did happen, why would the US Military make public, and easy to obtain, the details of something that was supposed to be secret?

In fact, I think that if there was any real truth to the story it would be white washed and injected into the media by the govt. That way, we forever debate false details, I wouldn't be surprised if this event really happened only under totally different circumstances (names, location). It's like questioning NASA up and down, not knowing that we may have a FAR more advanced secret space program. Or being SO sure that 9/11 was complacency, you know "they let it happen", that one never considers "they" actually did it themselves.

Great points Grayelf, esp. #4

[edit on 8/10/2009 by JKersteJr]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by lycanlance

The Philadelphia Experiment. What do you think?

I have been studying this story since seeing Charles Berlitz in person back in the late 1970s. The basic concept has never been challenged because during WW2, so many things were 'tried' to give the allies an edge in the conflict.

As for the actual ship, the USS Eldridge was never recorded as being in some of the places that it should have been to make this story legit. But in 1988, that former Navy SP did come forward to say that he heard the story in 1945 and that the ship in question had been towed to Seattle for dismantling while a second vessel of the same class was used to replace it.

Bearing in mind the time and the technology available, it is easy to believe some of the first hand accounts because the nomenclature was just not used anywhere else.

Color me in limbo. The US government has done a lot of stange things in the name of war and defense. That they would have done this, is nowhere near out of the realm of possibility.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TamtammyMacx
While I was in the library checking out the nonfiction section I came across two books that mentioned the Philidelphia Experiment. They were the projects to bring Einsteins theories to conclusion. Involving the Philidelphia Experiment and proceeding to the Montauk Project. The Montauk Project and Montauk Revisited books were very interesting. Somebody really liked them also for they were highlighted throughout.

After reading writings like these it makes you wonder if they continued the research.

After the cold war the US acquired a ship from the Soviet Union that had elluded the US many times. Inside, the hull was layered with electrical wiring.

Autowrench:
You wonder if they continued the research? Look no further, they did, big time. The project was called Project Rainbow at first, when mind control via electronic magnetic wave forms was discovered. Then it became Project Phoenix, then Phoenix 2, but the people who worked there called it Project Montauk. Look up Brookhaven Labs.
www.bnl.gov...

The origin of the Montauk Proiect dates back to 1943 when radar invisibility was being researched aboard the USS Eldridge. As the Eldridridge was stationed at the Philadelphia Navy Yard, the events concerning the ship have commonly been referred to as: the "Philadelphia Experiment". The objective of this experiment was to make the ship undetectable to radar and while that was achieved, there was a totally unexpected and drastic side effect. The ship became invisible to the naked eye and was removed from time and space as we know it! Although this was a remarkable breakthrough in terms of technology, it was a catastrophe to the people involved. Sailors had been transported out of this dimension and returned in a statc of complete mental disorientation and horror. Some were even planted into the bulkhead of the ship itself. Those who survived were discharged as "mentally unfit" or otherwise discredited and the entire affair was covered up. After the war, research continued under the tutelage of Dr. John von Neumann who had directed the technical aspects of the Philadelphia Experiment. His new orders were to find out what made the mind of man tick and why people could not be subject to interdimensional phenomena without disaster. A massive human factor study was begun at Brookhaven National Laboratories on Long Island, New York. It was known as the Phoenix Project.

www.v-j-enterprises.com...

...Montauk Project was inextricably linked to the most infamous occultist of all time: Aleister Crowley, often described as "the wickedest man in the world". According to reports, Crowley himself had used the practice of sexual magick in order to manipulate time itself, communicate with disembodied entities and to travel interdimensionally. It was even suggested that the interdimensional nature of the Philadelphia Experiment could have been the outward expression of Crowley's magical operations.

www.v-j-enterprises.com...

Wizard of Aiwass/Aiwaz/Oz Part II
synkronos23.vox.com...

The Book of the Law: Liber AL vel Legis
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

In-depth compilation of interviews with survivors of the Philadelphia experiment and Montauk project to date.

Montauk Project Underground Videos
www.world-famous.com...

ORION TECHNOLOGY AND OTHER SECRET PROJECTS
www.freezone.org...

A TIME LINE OF THE MONTAUK PROJECT
surbrook.devermore.net...

Montauk was a project that should not have been done, it delved into the realm of forbidden knowledge. I believe my Father was stationed there at Camp Hero in the 50s, (No records, only relatives storys and photos) and have always felt a connection with Montauk and the project, especially the Time Travel aspects of it. The story is a rabbit hole to go into, and it involves Sirius aliens and alien technology, Nazi science, and stolen Nazi gold found in a train during WW2. Even a Congressional investigation failed to uncover anything, these people were above the law. The story has come out, partially, but the effects of the Time Travel Experiments are not yet fully known. What they did was to record the full reality and frequencies of the time stream onto a computer, in the form of a program. Then they fed this stream back into the original time stream until it cloned itself and formed another time line. What this really did is it opened a hole in the time stream, allowing aliens to come here by the thousands, and it messed up a lot of things. These guys went backward and forward in time, and changed things. I read they changed a lot of things in the Civil War that required a partial rewrite of history, again done by time manipulation. They kidnapped children off the street and fed them into the future, thousands of them, along with bums and drunks who were sobered up first. All were instructed on what to look for and how to report back, technology existed by then that they men running the show could watch what the traveller was seeing and doing on a TV screen. I am prone to believe that the men who were responsible for these mistakes are attempting to fix them. I really hope they are. Remeber now, anytime you hear the words, "mind control," know that this began at Montauk.
A Few more links for you...

NSA Mind Control and Psyops
www.apfn.org...

The OMEGA File

GALACTIC COINTELPRO – Exposing the Covert Counter-Intelligence Program against Extraterrestrial Contactees
www.exopoliticsjournal.com...

The Montauk Project: Experiments in Time
/ns5lvh

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I've been reading your links. Two of them were interesting, one was weird, and one made me take a nap. Literally. Haven't gotten around to the rest but thank you for the good ones.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I do so get tired of questioning. Wouldn't it be nice to be a sheeple for one week. Just to relax the brain a little.

Kidding!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join