It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Philadelphia Experiment. What do you think?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
This is complete fact if you don't believe me you can look it up. During the 1940's the government was trying to make a ship invisible to radar so they hired Einstein to help them figure out how.

He suggested to huge metal coils on the hull of the ship might work but there is no way to find out other than testing it. So the government Gathered a small crew smaller than a normal crew of a ship, and the set it up and what they seen was unbelievable.

When they turned the test on the ship was covered in a green fog and then seemed to disappear from sight. They were all so amazed and scared then they got so worried they decided to turn the experiment off. When they turned it off the ship regenerated some 100's of miles away.

The crew members were terrified and some of them went into shock and were never heard from again others were embedded into the ship. One man had his arm embedded in the bulkhead of the ship. They didn't have a clue what happened all they knew was that the crew went threw something horrible and most of the crew went mentally insane afterwards. What do you think about that?

Here are a few links to show you what I'm talking about.

www.unexplainable.net...

www.history.navy.mil...

www.crystalinks.com...

[edit on 07/15/09 by lycanlance]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
There have been a few things i've read saying nikola tesla was the leader of the project and when the experiment with the soliders went wrong he backed out. He even mentioned if you put people on the ship there would most likely be adverse effects on them. Basically because he invented the idea.

You should check out the book 'the lost journals of nikola tesla'

its a great read and it can shed some light on him.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by jvm222]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Here are some videos:

(click to open player in new window)

You can go to my profile to see the rest.

Media Related. The Philly Experiment

Just look at the right hand side of your screen and you will see the rest.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
What I find interesting is that there are mentions of 2012 in here.

Well, not excactly here, but I read the Montauk interveiw, and the philadelphia incident, and on to 'no future after 2012', and it was an interview from late 80's if Im not mistaking..

But to claim true or false based on others 'say so' is hard, as you werent there to witness it ..

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Tesla also had a hand in the early research for this project. There were reports that some of the sailors that lived through the experiment had some weird things happen. While in a bar fight, they disappeared from the bar. (according to the show I saw in the History channel) They claimed since it went so wrong, that they would never try it again. Common sense tells me that since it kind of worked, they tried it a bunch of times and probably found ways to make it work.

On a side note, there was a show last night with the Hutchison guy saying that between that technology and his, it could make an airplane fall out of the sky. Interesting timing on that statement I would say. Didn't that plane that crashed into the sea a few weeks ago just kind of fall out of the sky? That would warrant some investigation of what Hutchison said is true. (IMHO)

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
This is one of those conspiracies which I would love to be true. Apparently the test with the magnetic coil was meant to make the Eldridge become invulnerable to mines. I don't think the experiment was ever really an attempt at making the entire ship disappear, that was just an unforseen side effect. What about the rumours that when the ship did vanish it reappeared in the 1980s where it was met by military personel and politicians, including some say, the president, who were, it seems, awaiting it's arrival. . .
The classic sci-fi movie, The Final Countdown, has a similar storyline. An aircraft carrier which goes back in time to the day before the Peark Harbour attacks after passing through a magnetic storm.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I think this legend is one of the cases of fantasy becoming a reality through unchecked repetition. The lack of due diligence in the first instance of the tale being recounted shows how easy one man's account can snowball. Subsequent investigations have failed to substantiate events. I first read about it in Berlitz' Bermuda Triangle book and swallowed it whole. Some years later, I checked the claims and found (like most of Berlitz work) it was fabrication. Not necessarily a hoax as Allende was possibly a pathological liar. In a sense, the incident reflects a seminal moment in the continued popularity of military science fiction conspiracies. Dulce, Montauk, Titor etc share traits of this tale.

The circumstances that lead to a fantasist meeting a gullible man with the means to publicize the story are unusual. At a wedding last year, the photographer explained how he'd invented the internet, set up Microsoft and worked on the Enigma machine. I'm a 'lost soul' magnet and nod politely. I asked if he was disappointed not to receive the credit and $$$$. He replied that 'they' had removed his records and essentially stole his place in history....even his secret work behind the Iron Curtain
If I was an idiot with the ability to publicize the guy...he could now be a You Tube hero like Phil Schneider. Allende was a similar fantasist with no corroborating evidence...just dreams and a guy willing to share them.

Naval record of the Eldridge

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
This has always been a favorite story of mine, my Dad told me about it and also watched the movie (highly recommend) with me at a young age.

AFAIK it was Tesla's tech that powered it, huge generators where all the turrets and guns were, coils in the hull, the works.

The intent as I know it was indeed to make the Eldridge invisible to radar, not sure if they achieved that but I remember reading that when the green fog appeared, the ship actually became invisible to the HUMAN eye. Although nobody could see it, they knew it was there because the sea water it was floating in was still being displaced!

Then, a flash of white light and it's teleported 100 miles away instantly where it is identified by it's obvious name on the side, I feel for those poor sailors that got conned into being guinea pigs.

Not sure how much is true but it's fascinating nonetheless.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

I used to be extremely into the story of 2012, I literally have stacks of papers of research about it. Personal research and I researched books. I came to the conclusion that there is no reason to worry about it because it is a complete hoax and the scientist who started it all and didnt even mean to says its all a hoax and not at all true. People thought 2000 was the end to and some even though 2003 was but the thing is people are going to continue creating these theories and things like that just because it gets them media attention. Dont worry about 2012 anyone its a waste of time, I know from personal experience.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I've always had my doubts no matter how much I wanted to believe this account, and I think your assessment is quite plausible, however, lets say hypothetically all that was said to have happened is true, is the military going to leave a blatant paper trail? I'm sure it would be quite easy to erase records and documentation in order cover their butts, especially if the experiment went wrong and people died.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I agree this is something you would read about in fiction novels and such. But to see it actually coming true sort of lets you know how smart we were then and now It wouldnt surprise me at all to find out that we have perfected that.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by JKersteJr

Yes, but still there is always the people that worked on the experiment they could have wrote about it in a personal diary. Maybe the military looked over something on accident. I think this is one thing the military couldn't cover up.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

I have heard many conspiracies about the day pearl harbor was attacked. I have also heard some about the Philadelphia experiment to. Some saying a few people in the vicinity of the experiment went missing and were never seen again. I think this is really true. This seems like something that is not as far fetched as most conspiracies.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I think well......I cant be a believer without some proof... picutres, video, etc, etc, etc......

Mabey some eye witnesses that aren't blurred out and hiding their identity etc....

Not saying I totally dismiss it, just not having blind faith on this one either.....

This comming from a person who has seen and believes in UFO's etc.....only because I have seen them first hand, but I didn't even truly believe MYSLEF until I saw one with a group of people, up VERY CLOSE.....I questioned myself on every experience and sighting until it was undeniable....now I have accepted it.

The same would me with claims such as this one.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

I have seen that show on the history channel and I love watching the history channel because it always has something interesting on. And this experiment seems so possible its kind of scary when you really think about it.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

Its completely understandable to be skeptic about something like this but really think about how possible this is. We now in this day in age actually have ability to make things invisible. I seen this on the history channel last night. A show called "Thats Impossible" It shows you what we thought was impossible in our earlier years and shows you how now its actually being created and manufactured.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
While I was in the library checking out the nonfiction section I came across two books that mentioned the Philidelphia Experiment. They were the projects to bring Einsteins theories to conclusion. Involving the Philidelphia Experiment and proceeding to the Montauk Project. The Montauk Project and Montauk Revisited books were very interesting. Somebody really liked them also for they were highlighted throughout.

After reading writings like these it makes you wonder if they continued the research.

After the cold war the US acquired a ship from the Soviet Union that had elluded the US many times. Inside, the hull was layered with electrical wiring.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TamtammyMacx

Makes you really wonder about it doesn't it? I wonder if anything is really true. Its obvious the government hides everything from us.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by lycanlance

Its completely understandable to be skeptic about something like this but really think about how possible this is. We now in this day in age actually have ability to make things invisible. I seen this on the history channel last night. A show called "Thats Impossible" It shows you what we thought was impossible in our earlier years and shows you how now its actually being created and manufactured.

I know....kinda freaky, weird, wonderful, and fascinating all rolled into one....

The thought of that one really freaks the crap outta me to be quite honest....

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Change is a scary thing sometimes especially when its like this. You just have to look at it in a good way. This can help us to better ourselves in some ways.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join