It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atomic particles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Nuclear fission is believed to occur in certain methods of the production of methamphetamines. In such a case, fussion occurs to combine the materials in the beaker while the release of hydrogen atoms creates a pressure that is routed through water and released at various times. Hydrogen atoms continue to multiply.

Once set in motion fission continues to produce hydrogen atoms. Thus the need to vent the system producing the chemical, else the unwanted explosion which ruins the drug, carpet, your drapes, and possibly your life.

Hindenberg? It was filled with hydrogen.

G

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   
The Hindenburg did not go up in flames because of Hydrogen. It went up in flames because of the fabric that went over the hull of the zeppelin, and the "protective/strength" coating that was put over that same fabric.

www.vidicom-tv.com...
www.hydrogennow.org...
americanhistory.about.com...
engineer.ea.ucla.edu...

They also aired a special about it on the history channel.

[Edited on 5-8-2004 by EmbryonicEssence]

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Do you mean fusion or fission? I actually doubt there are nuclear reactions going on. What is splitting into what kind of hydrogen (11H, 21H or 31H)? Are you sure it's not just a normal chemical reaction, where the escape of hydrogen makes the reaction continue into the direction of making more hydrogen?

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 03:36 AM
link   
The creation of meth does not involve any sort of nuclear reaction. Where did you hear that it did?

However, the chemical reactions that are used do produce hydrogen. Also, several highly flammable materials, such as Ethyl Ether, are used in the production of meth, so hydrogen would only be one concern. If you want to know more about the chemistry behind meth, check this site out:

www.erowid.org...

I suppose I need a disclaimer here (don't need to get sued by some druggie's parents): This link was posted for information purposes only. Actually making or using methamphetamines is highly dangerous and stupid. Do so at your own risk. If you do, please let me know so I can call the cops. Thank you.

EDIT: I looked at that site some more, and it looks ammonia can be produced as well. Yee-haw! All we need is some chlorine and we can start making some chemical weapons! (just makes you so want to smoke or snort that stuff, don't it?)

[Edited on 5/8/2004 by PurdueNuc]

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Nuclear fission is not believed to occur in meth labs, except perhaps by someone who has been on the recieving end of the labs output for a little too long. Its just that many of the chemical processes involve the release of explosive gases or dangerous fumes. Nothing to do with atomic reactions.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Depending on the method of synthesis, hydrogen or other gases can be produced during methamphetamine synthesis. These are produced by ordinary chemical means, not by fission or fusion.

You definitely would want to vent them. When gases are produced as a byproduct of a chemical reaction, you can get a *lot* of gas. The typical expansion of materials going from solid/liquid to gas is 1000-fold. So you can easily wind up with a big mess if you don't deal with the gas properly.

I have a background in chemistry. I used to use a lot of a chemical that wasn't cheaply available (2,5-dimethylthiophene), and so had to make it. The best synthesis creates a sulfur-containing gas as a byproduct, which you catch in a "trap". So the first time I tried this synthesis, I figured the trap would eliminate the gas (true) but didn't realize the pressure increase in the reaction vessel would still require a venting system. After a few seconds of reaction, all the adapters blew out of the reaction flask, and the reagents got sprayed all over the interior of the fume hood. One of the intermediate products smelled like concentrated cat urine, so I wasn't real popular for a while.

[Edited on 8-5-2004 by CoffeeMan]

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I may have chosen the wrong analogy to demonstrate fission and fussion. Was using info provided by H. Jones, former street cook doing 99 years for manufacture with the intent to distribute. His actual words were he 'believed.' I misread, and misapplied.

Have no clue about European methods, but in the states basement chemists do not use Schiff's base.

Fussion is the combining of the materials in the beaker.
Fission is the production of the energy as a result.

agree?

G

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by garyo1954

Fussion is the combining of the materials in the beaker.
Fission is the production of the energy as a result.

agree?

G

No.

A better term for the combination of two chemicals to produce a third would by chemical synthesis. or a simple chemical reaction to produce a product. the elements remain the same, just put together in a different way.

Fusion involved a change in the basic atomic structure of two elements to produce a third element.

The energy released in a chemical reaction is not fission, it is simply a change in the energy of the components of the reaction. If energy is released to in the course of the reaction, then the reaction is exothermic. If energy is absorbed in the course of the reaction, the reaction is said to be endothermic.

top topics

join