It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World Coming To An End?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

The world is not coming to an end. Lots of disasters occurring, and they will increase in intensity and frequency, but this does not mean the world will end.

This has happened many times in the past.

It is a known fact that manking had been thriving for millenia, and some large catastrophe happened that literally mankind went through what has been called as population bottleneck, at least a couple of times in which only a small section of mankind survived such events.

This will happen again. It is only a matter of time.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

I'm sure you are right and some people will survive.
But there is also the possibility of a sixth extinction event.
I know those catastrophe scenario's are rare to cause that but a large asteroid would certainly be one if it impacted Earth.
A supervolcano would be devastating and wipe out millions but some would survive.
A massive solar eruption ---similar to the one in " KNOWING " would be an extinction.
Let's hope some of us are lucky--if that's the word !!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
More people leads to more deaths
More planes leads to more crashes

Accidents are going to happen. I disagree there's been more disasters because were just more aware now.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by lookma,nohands

WHAT!

Are you telling me that figures from 2000 until now are wrong? Take a look at the figures:

www.infoplease.com...

www.infoplease.com...

www.infoplease.com...

www.infoplease.com...

www.infoplease.com...

www.infoplease.com...

www.infoplease.com...

www.infoplease.com...

www.infoplease.com...

www.infoplease.com...

The Center for Research on Epidemiology of Disasters publishes annual statistics on disasters. The number of natural disasters since the year 2000 has been increasing at 8.4% between 2000 and 2007. Asia is most impacted by natural disaster, China and India account for 62% and 20% of Asia’s victims in 2007. Experts predict that extreme [...]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The dinosaurs went about living their daily paradigms oblivious to the fact that they were dying out, going extinct, until the last ones dropped in their tracks, and nests full of eggs did not hatch! What did survive in compromised forms, became current smaller descendants...which will also die out.
Mankind is doing the same thing. We will not live on forever as a species.
Is the world coming to an end? Yes it is...everyday in some form or the other.
Eventually, Mother Gia will burn up as the sun goes supernova, expands and explodes. Mankind will not even be a minor footnote recorded in the history of the cosmos. We too are dying out; and most are to distracted, or stupid to realize it.
When exactly will the world completely cease to exist? Answer: Many multiple millions of years from now. When will all life cease to exist? Answer: 100,000 years or less. Except microbes and maybe some insects. When will civilized mankind die out? Answer: 5,000 years or less. Probably closer to 500 years or less...
When will humans no longer exist? Answer: In less than 25,000 years...and they will not be anything like we are today. Why? Because humans will devolve and become more like they were during the ancient times of the Grecian and Roman Empires, without the pantheon of Gods. They will live in smaller city states,( because of much less population ) run by rulers who report to a main Emperor. We will have gone full circle backwards. There will be few areas on the globe where humans can live in collective groups. Most of the planet will either be way to hot, covered by sea water, or nasty swamps, barren and rocky, or under a mile of ice.

I am of the belief, that the Earth will once again, roll and change its axis. This will cause a total remaking of the land mantle, and completely change weather patterns and seasons. It will cause complete ecosystem collapses, and the extinction of millions of species on earth. Which will in its own way, further the non viability of many cultures.
If humans can survive the cataclysm of volcanic action and after math, super tsunami's, acid rains, deforestation, massive species die offs, and near human extinction making the genetic gene pool very narrow...they might have a limited fighting chance of surviving for awhile. Yet, the human chapter on Earth, will be effectively over.
Very little aqua fresh, tillable land will exist. Hydroponics and other systems will not be able to sustain populations of any size. Human gene pools that can produce strong, healthy offspring will be highly prized. I doubt by this time, there will be any one pure race left. I can see three basic divisions of humans. The bulk of humanity will look very Pacific Islander, Asian like to some degree. There may be some Polar/Icelandic/Nordic cultural offshoots, but, they will be far and few between. Plus Aboriginals from the current lower half of the world. Not much else. ( after all, if the world capsizes, turns belly up, and hosts a massive species die off, many bets will be off, and the outcomes totally unpredictable ) I base my assumptions on historical tenacity of certain cultures and then sheer numbers. I also take into account, the total folly, stupidity and arrogance of Imperialistic thinking by Anglo-Saxons. Who by the way, are losing the war! (for the record: I am Caucasian.)

I expect that the languages that will be spoken in the future will be some aberrant form of "Spanese". Chinese and Iberian Peninsula languages homogenized into a new dialect that was born out of commerce, trade-bartering and political reshaping of the map. Modern English will be a quaint historical memory.
I read somewhere a while ago, that there may be no more than 25,000 to 10,000 humans left on the globe in 10,000 years. In effect...a genetic dead end.
The answer is: our world is coming to an end! We're new age dinosaurs and most don't know it.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
While I believe that the earth and its inhabitants are in danger, I think the danger is due to environmental and human-made problems. Deforestation, overpopulation, and the like will eventually cause the earth to become uninhabitable; there is also the possibility of being hit by a tragically large meteor, or of nuclear weapons detonated by the criminally insane.

I do not, however, believe that these events are spiritual in nature, and as others have posted, men have always thought that they were living in the end times. The difference now is that media coverage is so vast and interconnected, we are now able to know about natural disasters, corrupted governments, etc, in places beyond our own backyards.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Confused and Dazed!

wow! What a great outlook on life you have (sarcasm)

But you could well be right in all that you say........

top topics

<< 1   >>

join