It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Blair? Former PM in frame to become first head of EU, says Kinnock

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
well personally I think nobody should become president of the EU

it's a body that shouldn't even exist in the first place!

link   
If he where to become the first will he be on tv as much as obama, trying to give the job more respect than our own leaders. Will they be trying to force him down us, while trying to turn attention away from our elected leaders in our own countries, to make sure euro president is seen as no 1.

Blair is obsessed with nanny state.

link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Dont brits have freedom of speech in the U.K? If not that is very disturbing, but the same crap is going down here in America right now to, but its called the Patriot Act.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I think the old bill have questioned people for their anti Blair T shirts,I think we are all in the same boat either side of the pond mate

Westminster has now been freed of the anti war crowd who used to live on its door step for ages.Like your self we now have areas to protest in(far away from the politicians) and have to inform the police of any rallies.

They have us all by our short and curlies

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

Goodness no, after 9/11, 7/7, alot of the freedoms have been eroded since then, "In the name of so called fight against Terroism".

Freedom to express an opinion, or to protest against the Goverment policies have eroded also. You supposingly cannot used one of those loud speakers, without having community police officrs trying to stop you. Alot of clips of this have been posted on you tube.

You also cannot film in public, supposingly or film the police, with being threatened with arres or told to turn off the camera. Again alot of thse clips have been posted online for others to see. Sites such as youtube have tried to censor this from being posted.

Also you now have police officers refusing to give their names or thier numbers which is supposingly ilegal.. Which alot of these officers deny doing.

On top of this you have all these CCTV Cameras around towns and cities in the UK.

So the freedoms we have are eroding bit at a bit.

A few people I know off, and this was in the press, when blair was in Ofice, were threatened with arrest or catuioned, over the T-Shirts they wore calling him a war criminal, or saying bollouck to blair .You now have to obtain permission before you can Protest outside parliament or near No 10 Downing street.

Imagine what blair would put into motion if he became the President of the EU.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
I hope those in Ireland Vote NO.
vote no again.
ireland already voted no and are being made vote on the exact same document. this time the vote will be better rigged than a round the world yacht race.

The EU would not have the power to impose this on Ireland, if the People said a big NO NO.

dunno, they might just try. the rest of europes citizens are really dropping the ball on this one. they need to be exerting some pressure on their governments while there's still time.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

But doesnt the EU have a rotating presidency? How can blair become a president when it is only for 6 months? I am sorry I am not familar with the EU

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
omg

don't know weather to laugh or cry......

I wonder if he will keep his part time job at JP Morgan?

"Tony Blair will be paid £2.5m a year for his post at US investment bank JP Morgan"

www.dailymail.co.uk...&D

And as for "Dont brits have freedom of speech in the U.K"poedxsoldiervet

lol, that's a joke, our rights have slowly been eroded. Look at the recent g20 protest and how that was handled by the 'agents of social control', cough, I mean Police....

And when that tool Cameron gets in, god help us!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Here’s the latest in this saga. First he wanted to bring peace to the Middle East. We’re all aware what a great success that has been. Then he wanted to become president of the European Union, until Angela Merkel shot down that plan.

Update, via OurKingdom, here are other things Blair has been up to recently:
- signing a million dollar contract at JP Morgan;
- accepting a role as a Rwandan advisor,
- accepting a position on the Africa Progress Panel;
- accepting an advisory position at Swiss insurer Zurich,
- taking up an interfaith teaching position at Yale (linked to the upcoming Tony Blair Faith Foundation).

www.pickledpolitics.com...

the link is fairly funny

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Well Once the treaty is supposingly ractified by all the eu countrues. A President will be put into office, its just the same as Election for the presidential elections in the USA. I think his term will be 5years. What I wil do, to make sure I am correct is look up the treaty, and post a linkto it.

The new post is to be created under the Lisbon treaty, which will streamline the way the EU is run if it is endorsed in an Irish referendum in early October.

Blair would be the first sitting president of the EU, who will be appointed by European government chiefs for a minimum of 30 months and a maximum of five years.

If the Irish back the treaty on 2 October, EU leaders are expected to decide on who will get the presidency at a summit at the end of that month.

Lets hope the Irish kicks this treaty in the teeth. That will stop blair!!!!!!!!!

OMG imagine four years of blair again ughhhh. I am leaving Europe lmao.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Does that mean all the other EU nations have already ratified it?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Seems so, apart from the UK population, who never had a say in weither or not we agreed with the Treaty. We were railed by Blair and Brown who promised us a referendum on the treaty. But went back on thier word, once they were re=elected into office.

There might be others in Europe who could appose blair from being President off the EU.. I just hope someone stops him.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Hmmm thats really weird and considering this nation is supposed to be Americas Road Doggs on Democracy. But hey what can I say when we here in the US are in the same boat.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Well look at it this way: What the USA implements or does, the UK follows, which ever the UK implments regarding tolaw and the war on terror, the US follows.

Both Governements in both countries are as bad as each other, this stems from bush and the blair years.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
NWO taking shape..........now im getting scared

I couldn't agree more its as if we are watching a game of chess all is silent...... Very worrying indeed.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

I think it is bwyond bush an blair. Clinton and thatcher , remeber Somila? Yugo? There is something Nefarious going down, I just wish they would do it already so I can break out my trusty musket and fight an enemy I can see for once.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I sure hope Blair gets the EU Presidency!

That'd be priceless!

Then all the 'peace' loving people will protest in their Che t-shirts.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

And who would that enemy be?

Me ? Everyone in the UK?

Every American citizen?

Please specifically say who the enemy is lol.

I sure hope Blair gets the EU Presidency!

That'd be priceless!

Then all the 'peace' loving people will protest in their Che t-shirts.

OMG I nearly spilled my coffee, absolutely hilarious. I can just see it now a ocean of Che T Shirts protesting

[edit on 16-7-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I really don't give a damn about who gets elected anymore.

It's not about the person, but the position itself; if Tony Blair doesn't fill it, some other piece of trash war criminal mass murdering lunatic will.

We should oppose centralization of wealth and power wherever it rears it's ugly head, but people are too conditioned into believing that an alternative to the current Capitalist Representitave Democracy will be communism with all it's blood and gore.

"It's the best system we got"

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Tony Blair as EU President. You couldn't ask for a worse combination. This criminal destroyed the UK and it saddens me to say that the rest of the EU is next.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by kindred]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join