It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sexual harassment police officer keeps job

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Sexual harassment police officer keeps job

www.abc.net.au

A police officer who sexually harassed women will keep his job, after a court ruled against an appeal by the New South Wales Police Commissioner.

Sergeant Raymond Sewell, who worked at Coonamble, was sacked in July 2007 after he was found to have inappropriately touched and made offensive comments to women.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Okay so you might think this just another case of police going overboard or perhaps some over reaction, but i kept reading the article and i came across this which either i am a moron or there is something terribly wrong with my rational thinking.

There were allegations he grabbed the buttocks of a colleague's wife, asked to smell a female colleague's breasts, told sexist jokes and undid the halterneck top of a woman in a pub.

He got his job back after the Industrial Commission found his behaviour occurred when he was depressed and drinking heavily while on medication.

So i guess next time you have the urge to do what has been mentioned make sure you show this to your lawyer when you being carried away by police officers.

www.abc.net.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-7-2009 by tristar]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
He was found to have sexually molested an innocent civilian while under the influence of drugs and alcohol... and that's the reason why he gets to KEEP his job?!

This is a big fat wad of spit in the faces of police, everywhere. It just goes to show the type of scumbags entrusted with guns and badges (not saying all are, but this is proof that they exist and are SUPPORTED for their horrid actions).

What a S-C-U-M-B-A-G!

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Reading stuff like this makes me so sad. How is this rational? He sexually harassed a woman! Does him being a police officer make him above the law?

I guess now every time someone harasses anybody while under the influence of drinking and medication can get off with a slap on the wrist.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Lucky he did not do this in the UK. He would be charged and found guilty of sexual assault.

Does no matter wheither he was depressed, or under medication, he violated/sexually asaulted a female with his actions. How they came to this conclusion is disgusting to say the least. In this day and age women should not have to put up with this.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
This is good viral marketing for rapists and sexual harrassers that want a safe haven to continue practicing their "art".

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Incidents like this are one of the reasons why so many people dislike the police. They can do whatever they want and they get away with it. The average citizen would have at least lost his/her job, which btw would have been right. As a police officer he should have known that you don`t drink when you are on medicals, that`s a lame excuse.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I have a question... was this molester put into the sex offender registry?

If not, should he have been?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
Lucky he did not do this in the UK. He would be charged and found guilty of sexual assault.

Does no matter wheither he was depressed, or under medication, he violated/sexually asaulted a female with his actions. How they came to this conclusion is disgusting to say the least. In this day and age women should not have to put up with this.

Police can shoot an innocent person here and still keep their job.Anyway,it seems that the police are degenerating into nothing but brutes ona power trip who are above the law.This spans borders and countries,its becoming a widespread problem in alot of the western world.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

There is a difference Solomons so do not mock me. If a police officer was to act the same way as the police officer in this case. He would have been suspended, and charged with sexual assault. There would be uproar inthis country if he was allowed to continue working within that profession and you know that.

If you are referring to the charles demenzies case the police were found guilty, and The head of the police, resigned. At least in the publics eyes those others invovled should have been trialed also for murder..

[edit on 15-7-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Let me provide a little background first...this does not involve sexual harassment but is another example of the corrupt "boys club" our police services have become.

I found out a cop who lived in my street, dared to checkout my and my husband's record (we do not have one). He also wrote to the Roads and Traffic Authority and told them my husband was unfit to drive. My husband had to have a full medical and was given a clean bill of health. He did not lose his licence. Ha Ha nice try!

We suspect this was payback for calling the police to shut down wild week night parties into the wee hours. This cop was a drinking buddy of some of the losers (neighbours) who took turns as hosts.

I endeavoured to have the cop investigated internally and was NOT satisfied with the outcome. I told the investigating officer how disgusted I was with the explanation that the cop "could not remember" why he checked up on us. Add to this that his notebook was now gone and I was told that his computer duties would "be monitored in future". I could not prove that he was involved in the partying either.

In other words he had no case to answer for checking up on law abiding citizens who dared to stand up for the right to sleep at night.

BUT WE HAD JUSTICE A FEW YEARS LATER....the cop picked up two young girls in the highway patrol car (on duty), offered them coffee, took them on a high speed ride with lights and siren active. He then tried to erase all evidence of his antics that was recorded by the in car camera but was caugh!! As far as sexual harrasment goes, it was not mentioned in the press in this case.

When this story hit the local paper with his photo, we felt a sense of justice and could not help but be happy. I think that he may have gotten off if it had not been for the internal investigation a few years earlier and who knows what other evidence was presented.

This ex cop now works as a motor mechanic and his wife has left him.

Remember that saying? What goes around comes around

res

[edit on 15-7-2009 by resistancia]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

I totally agree with you laurak.

Being on meds is NO excuse to sexually harass, molest or rape anyone - female or male.

NO job gives you carte blanche to get away with crime.

Cops carry a badge earned by oath to serve and protect.

They do not carry a shield to hide behind when they commit crime.

res

top topics

join