It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An ATS magazine?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Most successful websites have print magazines that have content from the websites, or the other way round. I know ATS is also a very popular website, so we would love to have a monthly ATS magazine that contains content from the forums and our discussions.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Save the trees! Besides ATS already sends out an email summary of topics with links.
The print media is a losing proposition - just ask the newspaper industry.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaalphanovember
Save the trees! Besides ATS already sends out an email summary of topics with links.
The print media is a losing proposition - just ask the newspaper industry.

(warning - slight profanity in vid)

Everyone has a motive is all I want to say.

As for a magazine, why not, if you are not moving in life you are dying. Much like capitalism these days.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

sorry don't have YouTube access ... can you give me the short version? You can even edit out the profanity if you like.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

Just George Carwell saying his bit.

Save the trees, save the bees etc. I dont have a transcript of it sorry.

Its man that needs the saving, nature takes care of itself he is basically saying in a humourous take.

In my opinion anything such as global warming, which is a for profit idea spewed by politicians such as al gore, raises my eyebrow.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

I am sorry, but I have to differ on this ... deforestation has nothing to do with global warming (edit. or should I say it does, but not in the context that I mean't).

The thousands of species lost to deforestation is and has been a cause for alarm for a long time.
This does not even bring in the argument and fact of soil erosion and localized climate change.
For example, Johannesburg, with one of the largest amount of planted trees of any urban environment in the world has a well-documented micro-climate that is utterly different from 100 years ago.

[edit on 15/7/2009 by deltaalphanovember]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

who would buy this besides someone without internet access?

here are some existing hard copy magazines you can buy

www.paranoiamagazine.com...

Big list here

we don't need another one, save the trees!

[edit on 15-7-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
This reminds me, when I was younger, I used to read OMNI magazine. I loved it but my friends thought I was so weird...

But who needs a mag now that we have teh intarwebz?

CX

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

But who needs a mag now that we have teh intarwebz?

Exactly.

I love ATS to bits and think they do a great job, but why would i buy a magazine that would be full of what i read here every day?

Thats why i don't read newspapers any more, i get the news online.

Now if you could bring up this idea again after TPTB have taken away our internet, or at least access to sites like ATS, then you'd have my vote.

CX.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Not exactly the same thing but have a look at the the book of threads. I think that's pretty cool.

join