It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would Apple lie to achieve their goal?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Why is it that I think Apple is to the left of this technology thing?

I just don't trust them. Look at this headline... July 14th, 2009 Apple boasts 1.5 billion App sales
blogs.reuters.com...

The article says Apple has sold 1.5 billion apps to the owners of 40 million iPod Touch and iPhone devices. That is 37 apps per person! That sounds like a total fabrication unless they are talking about apps that cost a penny and the trendy lefties are just addicted to trying everything Apple can throw at them.

I smell something foul here. I think Apple is so jealous of Microsoft's success that they will do anything to create the impression that they are better, including pay off the leftist media for placement in movies and television, and even flat out lie to convince the gullible youth that the future belongs to Apple. I think there is a Google/Apple effort to beat Microsoft, and the dirty left is throwing money at it like it meant world domination.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by THX-1138
Why is it that I think Apple is to the left of this technology thing?

I just don't trust them. Look at this headline... July 14th, 2009 Apple boasts 1.5 billion App sales
blogs.reuters.com...

The article says Apple has sold 1.5 billion apps to the owners of 40 million iPod Touch and iPhone devices. That is 37 apps per person!

Well it could be, but at 1 buck per application, average, is not that difficult to imagine someone getting 20 games or more, but i think the reality is, those 1.5 billion include free downloads, which means, they have reached 1.5 B app downloads through the app store, not all of them were 'sales' but a big part may be free games or app downloads, of course they will say 'sales' as it looks more impressive, but we don't get to see how many of them are actual sales and how many were free apps

You can always 'sale' some app at $0, as long as they download it through your store, you count it as a 'sale'

Kai

[edit on 15-7-2009 by Kaifan]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
These two companies have been biting at each others ankles for ages now. The other day I was quite surprised that the topic made breaking world news and nearly went on the whole day. People do strange things for money and popularity. Its accually just as petty as models and pageant queens sabotaging each other to win the crown.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   

I smell something foul here. I think Apple is so jealous of Microsoft's success that they will do anything to create the impression that they are better, including pay off the leftist media for placement in movies and television, and even flat out lie to convince the gullible youth that the future belongs to Apple. I think there is a Google/Apple effort to beat Microsoft, and the dirty left is throwing money at it like it meant world domination.

Because we all know the Microsoft is a legitimate company and would never ever do anything underhand or unethical in order to remain market leader.

Don't kid yourself that Micro$oft are angels, they've done alot of dirty tricks themselves to get where they are and even tried to screw over the open source community.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
To be honest after Vista and the lack of updates I hope microsoft goes to the wall. Their latest operating was terrible and practically fought with every non microsoft programme on my laptop. They are all only interested in a quick buck so have no sympathy for any of them

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I have downloaded over 37 apps for my iphone. Most are free, but some of the better ones I give a few bucks for.

It's much better than a magazine in the bathroom.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
You guys are forgetting that MS owns I think 40% of Apple. Apple was about to go bankrupt a while back when MS stepped in to prop them up, because if Apple was to fail then they would have had a monopoly and would have had to given up their source code to their OS.

And Apple is a company that is motivated by one thing, profit. Do I think they are lying? No, people that had enough money to buy an iPhone would download the apps.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by THX-1138

Well as an Iphone owner I have 3 pages of apps. Almost everyone I know has more than one page of apps, so I dont think this is a lie. The apps are quite addicting if you ask me

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I think Apple is so jealous of Microsoft's success that they will do anything to create the impression that they are better,

Oh yep microsoft is so good isn't it. Of course corps are bad, and i would sugest that the film antitrust may be close to the real deal with ms. I reckon they use tech to steal from people, whether they use the nsa or or they have the technology themselves.

Just look at all the useless waste of time people are spending, saying whether windows 7 is rtm at the mo, who really cares. I wonder sometimes what techs corps may be using to stimulate this interest, in there products.

Question, do people really need windows 7 over windows xp. There has always been speculation that ms, makes there products have holes in them so that people would buy the next one, but with xp they made it too perfect.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I now have six pages of apps - my favourite one at the moment is facefighter. You can put a picture of your friend or foe on or take a picture through the app and kung fu them to your hearts delight....

iphone.blogfaction.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I heard a while ago that APPLE are in bed with very powerful people and the technology farmed from crashed ebe craft was given to certain companies in order to use the technology to advance our civilisation.

Of course I have no proof of this but what if its true? look at the very first apple product then look at the iphone and the technology behind it?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
You guys are forgetting that MS owns I think 40% of Apple. Apple was about to go bankrupt a while back when MS stepped in to prop them up, because if Apple was to fail then they would have had a monopoly and would have had to given up their source code to their OS.

And Apple is a company that is motivated by one thing, profit. Do I think they are lying? No, people that had enough money to buy an iPhone would download the apps.

Nope, MS owns 0% of apple, it invested about 150 million back in 1997, which for companies this size, means pocket money, and it was, in part, to help with their antitrust case, and in part, to settle some issues with some patents, and those shares ms had were not voting shares, and were later cashed after a few years.

I too think that if someone was able to buy an iPhone, would at least buy one or two apps, and then find out there are thousands cool apps, then buy some more, and become addict and then spend tons of time browsing through the store and buying cheap apps just because they are, well, 'cheap'

[edit on 15-7-2009 by Kaifan]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Well, well

40 Million is not accurate as of the day they announced the apps sold, bare in mind that they sold more than a million of the new 3GS in a few days.

Apple so jealous? Create the impression and payoff "leftist"... wait what? Apple is NOT a person and certainly not an envious female nor a "left" something. What are you talking about? Corporations seek profit, that's all... I have been a loooooong time apple user and believe me, they are far from leftists.

It is important to see corporations for what they are, the same stands for football teams and political parties. When they divide us like that (fans and enemies) they win either way: divide and conquer! Use the tools that do YOUR job right and please stop this propaganda. Apple and Microsoft users just try to do their jobs like you and me just with a different brand of tools.

thesdoc

P.S. And by the way, Hastobemoretolife, NO Microsoft does not own 40% of Apple, that's an urban legend nothing more. The huge sum paid had to do with patents and windowing systems, nothing more.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I have no problem believing 1.5 billion. I'm guessing you don't have an iphone. I do, and I currently have 49 apps on it that I either downloaded for free or paid a small price for. You have to keep in mind that most are .99 and rarely exceed 9.99.

Over the course of a year, I have probably come close to 100 apps. Not all of them are useful or last more than 3 minutes on my phone, but they count as sales.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by midniteracerx

Yeah, there are pretty much apps for everything, so it's not that hard to believe.

I have an app that is just the constitution. I have another that will show the position of the planets and what times they are visible for your area. I have a piano program. I have another program that gives me live sports stats, and it also lets me save my fantasy team players on it so I can see how they are doing from it.

Got a bowling game, an app for woot.com, mahjong, slots, blackjack, google earth and plenty of others that I have deleted after finishing(games) or just didn't like.

They even have games like Sim City on there if you wanted it.

20+ apps per user I would say is on the small side for those I know with an Iphone.

My Iphone was free, I don't normally spend money on such things, but my work offered, and I like it alot.

Only thing that sucks is the battery doesn't last long if you are using it for games/video rather than having it idle for phone calls etc.

top topics

join