It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just think about it, would you want to use teleportation as a way to travel?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
We have had just another plane go down, and someone brought up teleportation.

Would you guys really want teleportation, and do you think people would have phobias of that too. Most of us here have watched star trek when they use these things in fiction series. But what phobias do you think that the general public would have in these things, if they where made public.

Just imagine how much power the ptb would have over you guys then. they would demateralise you and then put you back together. What would stop the ptb from messing around with the process and changing you in ways that may be subtle, but indeed changing you.

Would you guys actually go through one of these machines, because i would have second thoughts, and especially if the ptb where targeting you.

What do you guys think on that scenario, and is there any other phobias you could think of for teleportation?

[edit on 7/15/2009 by andy1033]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Could you clear up what the ptb is?
Thanks.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Teleporting in that sense scares the crap out of me(maybe I have seen spaceballs a few too many times). Now, teleporting like on jumper, that is the way to travel.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Ive been able to teleport and time travel for ages.. some people call it alcoholic blackouts but what do they know..

[edit on 15-7-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   

I'm sure it'd open up a whole new phobia (if there isn't one already!).

However, due to my phobia of flying (I still do it, just under sedation!), I honestly would opt for teleportation - only once it was deemed 'safe' tho, I wouldn't be putting myself forward for teleportation trials or anything like that, hey, i've seen The Fly, I know what can happen!

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Think of the potential benefits to the medical field - no more disformaties, handicapped etc, they could teleport a tumour out of you etc.

It would be great although just to add more fuel to the phobia side of it, (theoretically) i dont think you pass through it as such, more a reconstruction of what you were before you teleported making a brand new version every time.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Teleportation seems very risky and uncertain. Would it be painful and psychologically distressing too? Probably. I doubt that if we ever actually achieve to teleport matter, it will be as glorious and glamorous as it is made out to be in science fiction stories.

Can you imagine the restrictions that would need to be enforced as well?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Well in my opinion teleportation effectively kills you then replaces you with a rebuild of what you once were. If anything breaks you down to atoms, moves them to another position then reassembles the atoms into what would be called you, what is the difference really between nuking someone then rebuilding them if that makes sense.

I would not be very fond of teleportation if it were done this way and I cannot think of any other way it would be done.

Maybe if it were done in a way that created a hole in space and folded the destination over it to teleport then I would not have any major concern as who you are is not being changed.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Teleportation would be great! Heck I get tired of driving 8 hrs to see my bf in AL and I am terrified of flying, so sign me up for teleportation,

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thebudweiserstuntman

Could you clear up what the ptb is?
Thanks.
means powers that be, i.e the people running society.

top topics

join