It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this deja vu??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Creeping Death

Well, ive always wondered what it would have been like if i didnt do anything different but, i guess there is no real way to know...
Crazy stuff indeed...

PEACE!!!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Ugh just experienced it again while perusing ATS. Not feeling too good right now
Trying to remember. Going to lay down. Will post more later.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I also experienced it about an hour or so ago. I was in the car (driving) talking to my brother (about the recent Apollo anniversary and Michael Collins) and got "that feeling" that everything I had just said and heard, and was currently seeing and hearing, I had already seen/heard.
Then I 'felt' that there was something to do with a man in a car next to me that I had, and I looked and there was a strange man just staring at me, then it was over. Same as my other experiences, by the time the feeling starts I start pondering about it while it's still happening and then after 5 seconds it's back to normal.

Would be interesting if we experienced the deja vu at the same time, since I haven't experienced it for at least 4 months.

edit: Funny thing, afterwards I looked at my brother and I said "Life is but a dream" and he was like "huh?" and I'm like "nevermind".

[edit on 17/7/09 by Nventual]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Okay, so that was a pretty bad one. I was so tired after it that I slept till 11:30am today when my fiance woke me up. That's about 20hrs of sleep. I don't think I have ever slept that long in my life! It really hit me for six. I am feeling alright today though.

Weird that you got it too Nventual... Maybe something to do with something natural, like magnetic pulls or something lol I am no expert on that stuff. I also live in Australia, except I am in the Hunter Valley NSW.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
It probably means that the agents ae onto you and will be coming very soon my young Neo

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by prepare4it777

lol I hope not, seeing as though being 159cms tall and weighing in at 95 pounds I don't really think I'll be too good at fighting them off

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

I read somewhere that before we are born or have chosen our bodies we go thru a selection of lives (or choose what life we want to live and have a glimpse before we choose), so could dejavue is probably what we saw on our glimpse of life.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by memem]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I frequently experience that feeling as well. However it doesn't usually happen when I am talking to people. It almost always happens when I enter a new room or house for the first time or sometimes a certain smell can trigger it. One time I remember opening up a hot tub cover at someones house I had never been to before, and I had that crazy nauseous feeling that I usually do when entering somewhere new. Maybe it is just a reminder of something similar we experienced as a baby, but really how the hell will we ever know? But I do have to admit no matter how bad that feeling can be, it is rather addictive. I usually find myself going back to that place to try to see if I can have that same experience.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
The same kinda thing happens to me but with out the same physical effects, and the duration of the Deja Vu is immensely shorter, usually just moments long. Like split seconds.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Hi Nostradumass, you are right about the smells. They have set off the deja vu experience for me numerous times.
There are also links between smells and mental illness.

Don't worry Julie, I weigh a mere 62kg and I'm a 19 year old male. I should be a lot heavier, lemme tell ya.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
i dont get deja vu like that, i actually havn't had it in years but when i did have it it was so uncanny that it really freaked me out, the theory proposed by scientitsts is that our senses are out of sync and relaying certain events due to whatever reason but i don't buy it

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
This post brings up a, personally, interesting subject because I have been struggling with the idea of déjà vu versus presque vu. That is, the distinction between what you know will happen against what you knew will happen. Basically, one incident is a type of pre-recognition and the other a post-recognition.

There is a fine and subtle distinction here , but it does bear consideration. I am unclear if the OP knew after the fact or before the fact what was going to happen. Often, they can seem confusing when experienced. For example, did you know with a certainty that you were going to receive a phone call regarding someone that had died OR when you received a phone call (regarding the deceased) did you, only then, realize that it was bound to come?

I'd be appreciative of anyone that could elaborate upon the differences in the experiences they have had - including the OP.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I'll share.

I've experienced both. More often than not, it is the "I knew that would happen" rather than knowing what will happen, but I certainly have experienced both.

While experiencing the 'what will happen' deja vu, I knew exactly what was happening on every TV channel before going to it. There was no one else with me, so I couldn't prove it to anybody - I was in such a state of confusion that I doubt I could have talked properly anyway.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
I was in such a state of confusion that I doubt I could have talked properly anyway.

That's pretty interesting - and bitterly funny. So frustrating that you might have been in a state that you could predict the future but couldn't manage a coherent sentence. HA! There's the Universe playing a giant trick on you for sure! "See the Future and babble like an idiot!". What a bunch of @#$& the Muses are....

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Not the universe, God. But I agree with the irony.
I believe in free will, so I think there must be another explanation for those sort of events where I can know the next 10 seconds.. maybe something scientific.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Hi, I experience deja vu like you do, only I do not get nauseous, unless it is a major occurance. My deja vu was simple when I was young, like having pre-knowledge of an event through a previous dream, but only for a second or two. But when I arrived to my twenties, my deja vu was more of just a feeling with a tiny snap shot of something about to happen. And the horrible part is that it was never for anything good, always bad. One example is of my wife taking our car to go shopping when we had only had it for a couple of years. Something kept telling me that morning that I should get out of bed and drive. But I ignored it. Then, I got a call. But before I got the call, I saw it, in my head, my wife having a wreck. When I picked up the phone, I said, before she did, "You had a wreck, didn't you?" She said yes. I asked her if she was okay, and she was, but the wreck totaled the car.

I had the same deja vu before before I had three heart attacks on christmas day in 1995 or 96. I became feverish, and sickly feeling, and woke my wife up and told her, "I'm going to be in the hospital, and they won't be able to give me an iv in my arm, they will have to poke the needles into my hands." And about 20 hours later, after having been turned away from the hostpital emergency room twice, and nearly three times, they did a blood test and rushed me to a hospital room. I had had several heart attacks that they had claimed earlier were just gas symptoms. And yes, they had to put the I.V.s in my hands because they couldn't poke through my slippery veins at my inner elbows.

The last time I got one that was that strong, was a few hours before I heard about the tsunami in Malaysia that killed several thousand people. I called my mom up and said, "Mom, I just got a deja vu that doubled me over. I think a lot of people just died." She called back a couple of hours later and told me to turn on the t.v. My deja vu happened around the time of the flood.

Since then, I had one, but it was vague, and I never knew what it meant. Now, these days, I have a general feeling of sadness and grief for our freedoms being taken away. But no fore-knowledge of anything. Though, I am about to make a video that gives me feelings of dread. I suppose anyone who stands up to the darkness gets those.

I suspect, from my xian point of view, that most of you who have these are or could be prophets. The bible says toward the end days, "Your sons and daughters will prophesy, and your old men dream dreams."

But like the prophets of old, if you use your talents for selfish reasons, or for the dark side of the spirit world and do not give the xian God the credit for it, he can allow you to be deceived by the messages that come through. So be careful.

Peace!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Ugh whyyyy does this happen to me? Another one today!

BTW what the heck is Xian?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Oh boy, had another episode last night just before bed. It was not as strong as usual and all I remember is something to do with the hallway

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
So it happened AGAIN today.
Maybe I should make a journal of every time it happens? I would really like to know what the heck is going on.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
Haha, don't be so sure.
I'm a semi-hypochondriac and I've been worried that I have a tumor on my brain for the last couple of years, but have been to worried to go to the doctors. My family convinced me to stop worrying about it and so I have, haha, but if it turns out I do have one I'll be pissed at them.

I think you should get that checked out.. It wouldn't hurt to have it looked at. It's good that you've stopped worrying but I hope it hasn't turned into ignorance. Surely knowledge is power in these sorts of cases...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join