It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this deja vu??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Hi guys! This is so hard for me to explain but I have been wanting to write about it for a while now. Please bear with me as I try to explain to the best I can!

I have been getting what I always thought to be 'deja vu' for I think roughly since I was about 13. What happens is I start having this immense strange feeling , not just mentally, but physically also, as if I'm sinking, or my whole body is melting, that's when I know it's coming on. Then it feels as though everything I am seeing with my physical eyes has happened before (once when it happened, I was with friends and said exactly what my friend was about to say before he said it) but at the same time as seeing with my physical eyes, I guess it's as if I am imagining or seeing something else in my mind. While this is going on, sounds are usually duller than normal and can be blocked out all together. Sometimes it just feels like I am in a black hole!

Then, my body gets a tingling sensation all over and I'll start to snap out of it, but feel nauseous (sometimes worse than others) and confused and dizzy and I can not remember what I just saw (either physically or in my mind) or anything that I had done for about 30min - hour before the 'deja vu', but start to slowly remember about half an hour after. I can never remember what I saw in my mind.

Sometimes I think what I see in my mind is what I am going to physically see next time i get the 'deja vu'

It has happened as frequently as weekly, to as infrequently as a year in between.

Sorry if this is hard to understand, but I explained it the best I could! Is this 'deja vu'? If not, what is it that happens to me??

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Yes, that is a strong moment of deja-vu.
I've also got it since a child, but when I was younger I got it frequently - now not so much.

What I think is that perhaps this whole life is just a replay, and deja vu are actually those moments where you 'wake up'.

I think it would suck to be forever in a state of deja-vu, it's such a sickening moment to be in.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

It is very sickening. It almost feels like you are stuck in a dream.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Exactly! It's cool that you feel it how I do too.
I've never talked to anybody in real life or on the Internet who actually felt it that way.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Never experienced nauseau but whenever I get deja vue I get tunnel vision severely and it feels like I am going to black out. I do not get deja vue as often as I used to and it makes me think I am making choices I did not make in a previous life, but that is assuming I was reincarnated and this is a second go at my life. Honestly I do not believe in reincarnation but I keep an open mind nonetheless.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
It's not nessesarily just physical neasua, it's like a massive dose of confusion inside your brain and it 'feels' sickening. Hard to explain.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

Me too, I have explained it to a few people and they have no idea what I am talking about. I am glad that you experience it as well and I now I am less worried I have a brain tumor or something!

Yep that sick feeling is the worst.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Haha, don't be so sure.
I'm a semi-hypochondriac and I've been worried that I have a tumor on my brain for the last couple of years, but have been to worried to go to the doctors. My family convinced me to stop worrying about it and so I have, haha, but if it turns out I do have one I'll be pissed at them.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by just_julie
Hi guys! This is so hard for me to explain but I have been wanting to write about it for a while now. Please bear with me as I try to explain to the best I can!

I have been getting what I always thought to be 'deja vu' for I think roughly since I was about 13. What happens is I start having this immense strange feeling , not just mentally, but physically also, as if I'm sinking, or my whole body is melting, that's when I know it's coming on. Then it feels as though everything I am seeing with my physical eyes has happened before (once when it happened, I was with friends and said exactly what my friend was about to say before he said it) but at the same time as seeing with my physical eyes, I guess it's as if I am imagining or seeing something else in my mind. While this is going on, sounds are usually duller than normal and can be blocked out all together. Sometimes it just feels like I am in a black hole!

Then, my body gets a tingling sensation all over and I'll start to snap out of it, but feel nauseous (sometimes worse than others) and confused and dizzy and I can not remember what I just saw (either physically or in my mind) or anything that I had done for about 30min - hour before the 'deja vu', but start to slowly remember about half an hour after. I can never remember what I saw in my mind.

Sometimes I think what I see in my mind is what I am going to physically see next time i get the 'deja vu'

It has happened as frequently as weekly, to as infrequently as a year in between.

Sorry if this is hard to understand, but I explained it the best I could! Is this 'deja vu'? If not, what is it that happens to me??
HOLY CRAP!, that is exactly how it happens to me aswell. When I was younger, it would happen, and I would think:the next time that happens, I am going to try and do or say something different. I always forgot to, or was never able to. Hmmm, I have always tried to explain how it felt, and never been able to. S & F for you!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Not sure if this is the same

I did a big study on manifesting and how things are created into this reality and it does seem that when a person can move or slip into the state of "now" ....
this being a place discribed as the space between thoughts....
(kind of like being plugged into the main stream ....the mass consciousness )

This can result in the experiencing of "deja vue"

A sort of knowing of what is going to happen next ...
Yet not being able to understand
How it is that one knows this knowing ?
Or how this happens ..?

And the big question .....
"is there anyway of controlling this happening" ???

Yes and no would be my answer ....
as in fact it is a natural state of our being

To be able to stand back and observe life and to focus onto the flow of it's needs

And yes there are certain people who can stick their heads above the world (above the time, space, illusion)
and are able to see how the flow is manifesting itself...
Just moments before it penetrates and is created into our known reality

This is kind of freaky when it happens a lot

And a person can feel as if they are actually creating these happenings

Because they know before hand ....

This is a delicate balancing that comes with more knowledge on this subject

So educating yourself is the best policy here ....
In order to elevate any fears
Or to prevent the burning of fingers so to speak

think of a bird that is hatching from an egg

this reality ..this world ...(illusion) ..
is what the little bird breaks out of
and when this happens ....reality begins to crack

This is when the time space illusion .....is first glimpsed

The bird first slowly sticks it's head out of the egg
so it become accustomed to it's new awareness
then gentle with more confidence ...the bird emerges

and the world is a whole new place .......

with a whole new set of universal rules

So I would say that a lot of "deja vue" is simply ....
the birthing into a new awareness ...
a moving up and expansion of ones own consciousness

so happy birthdays......

[edit on 15-7-2009 by xsheep]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Not sure if it's exactly an awareness that I'd want to live in, though.

It really is like being in the "now" where future and present and simultaneous almost, yet you are too confused to think or use it to any advantage. It's almost like s paralysis while it's happening.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Creeping Death

Originally posted by just_julie

HOLY CRAP!, that is exactly how it happens to me aswell. When I was younger, it would happen, and I would think:the next time that happens, I am going to try and do or say something different. I always forgot to, or was never able to. Hmmm, I have always tried to explain how it felt, and never been able to. S & F for you!!!

This has happened to me also but, I did remember to say or do something different and when I did, I suddenly lost the feeling of deja vu...

PEACE!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

See that is what I thought would happen, but in my crazy mind, I always thought.....what if it triggered some kind of crazy after effect, maybe butterfly effect-esque???

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Has anyone ever heard of the psychology explanation for deja vu that your synapses are firing so quickly in your brain that it feels like this thought or vision has happened again?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
That's right Nventual, and usually I don't really want to move because I am so dizzy and nauseous that I am afraid I am going to throw up if I move!

Richardfromoxford, I have not heard of that. Do you have a link I could possibly peruse?

Creeping Death, hehe you are funny!

Lichter daraus, I have also attempted to do something different to what I thought was supposed to happen, but the opposite happened for me, it intensified the feeling, kind of like a second wave came over me.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
will get back to you on that one...it's been a while since I took perceptions in psych...

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I had some instances like that, once when I was in high school and I had a deja vu and I actually said out loud that the girl in front of me was going to drop her pen, which happened right after I said it. Then it made me wonder if it would have still happened if I hadn't predicted it but thats another story...

Scientists like to think it is some kind of temporal lag in the brain when you see things in the present but perceive them in the past.

It could be some kind of brain overload or exhaustion bug when you think you see things that have not happened.

Or maybe its destiny and it's those moments that you cannot get away from whatever you do in your life

or even it could be those endogenous drugs produced by your brain that kick in at random times and just distorts your perception.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by townio

I like the theory about the brain releasing chemicals. The strangest thing about it though, and the hardest part to explain, is that you are physically there and you are seeing, but at the same time your somewhere else in your mind? It's as if you are in two places at once, only your physical body is in one spot and your brain is in another???

Sorry it really is hard to explain.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I dont know but most times I have one I have the feeling that it is an experience that I have had several years prior in a dream. I always forget my dreams but when things happen in real life it's like I remember the dreams then, hence the deja vu.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I know what you mean with the sinking/melting feeling, but I haven't experienced any of the rest. I'm usually by myself when that happens though and I just kinda continue what I'm doing..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join