It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Job 40:14

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
this is an interesting potential prophecy of Christ.

Job 40:14 "Then I will also confess to you that your own right hand can save you."

The messiah Jesus Christ is at the right hand of God. Could this be yet one of hundreds of itterations that their will be a saviour? I think what meritts discussion is the meaning of the right hand of God in the old testament.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I am confused I do everything with my rigth hand and now it can save me. when i first saw this thread i thought what does every male and female do with there right hand?.... the statement in job is not be taken littereally. JC isnt what you protray him to be. Doesnt the bible talk against mortal idols and worchiping them? what was JC. Just asking and i hope you see where i am going.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
OP, you need to read the whole chapter...

In this passage God is chastising Job because Job chastised God for giving him his trials. Basically, God is saying "Are you as mighty as me? If so, your own right had could save you."

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Editing my post cause i've just read the whole passage and BostonBill99 is definitely correct.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by Nammu]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by BostonBill99
OP, you need to read the whole chapter...

In this passage God is chastising Job because Job chastised God for giving him his trials. Basically, God is saying "Are you as mighty as me? If so, your own right had could save you."

Exactly, if Job's own richthand could not actually save him it is only because only God's right hand can save him, that is Jesus Christ!

top topics

join