It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Obama's Nationality is so darned important!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Just trying to start some thinking with this... I would like to outline the possible implications of Obama's not being a Natural Born.

In the case that he is not, and that information becomes public, American legislaters have to make a historic decision.

Do we A: recall all legislation signed by him as a non-eligible president and begin scramling to write fix it up new legislature to grandfather the undoable resulting effects?

Or B: amend the constitution to allow any "American Citizen/eligible citizen" to be eligible for president?

Route A leaves us trying to justify all the bailout and stimulus that was signed by an unauthorized power and route B opens the constitution to future desecration and change. ( allowing quartering soldiers, removing freedom of speech, right to bear arms, eligibility for senate... etc)

What are your thoughts?

CX

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
My first thought would probably be why is a thread about Obama's nationality in the Swine Flu part of the forum?

Other than that, when you look through history, many presidents have totaly messed your country up, and they were all from the US.

I don't see what harm it would do letting someone else try it for a change. As long as the country was run in keeping with the way of the US people.

CX.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
BIG OOPS!!

thanks for that and sorry mods! dont mean to make your job harder than it is!!!

but yeah, i am very interested to see how the international community sees the implications of this as well!

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
The first thing would be to capture all the Democratic party leaders and strip their skin from them. Rip their skin off strip by strip and feed it to pigs.

Then apologize to Obama and send him home to wherever he came from. Let him know that we are really just angry with the Democrats that USED him and we are more than willing to set him free in his home country.

Next, put McCain and Palin in office and KICK SOME BOOTY!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by THX-1138

So that is why she left office early, she has to pack for the trip to DC when the final nail is driven.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by THX-1138

You've got to be kidding.

McCain and Palin would be just as bad, if not worse for this country. Palin's inexperience with foreign policy and McCain's trigger-happy temper would mean that we'd go to war with the first country that dared to tee us off.

No thanks.

Though I don't think it'll get to this point, holding a new election would make more sense and disbarring people who ran last year from running again would be fair.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
To be honest if there was something about the whole birth thing the Rep. would already have outted it long ago, the problem is they can not find any evidence therefor they don´t. And please dont tell me "Ohh but the archives are so secret secret" because if any Rep. would they could easily get access to these documents thru "dirty" channels (welcome to the world of politics) you do not need to look further back than 2004 where the US election with the rigging of the E-votes, to see which power Rep. posses and from there on you can easily see they would be able to pull all paper on Mr.Obama.

When all that is said, i like the new way Obama has yet showed the rest of us out in the real world. I´m not still convinced that he actually want´s to include the world in his agenda yet, but so far i have not seen him pull the "US is the only country in the world with its Capitol in Jerusalem" rethoric yet so there is still hope.

Best regards

Loke.:.

ps.

I am not poundering the US citizens im poundering the powers there was and the power there is, i like all enlighten americans.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by Loke.]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by wx4caster
i am very interested to see how the international community sees the implications of this as well!

i think it's implies that, deep down, the republicans automatically assume that anyone that isn't a republican isn't really an american.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by wx4caster
Do we A: recall all legislation signed by him as a non-eligible president and begin scramling to write fix it up new legislature to grandfather the undoable resulting effects?

Firstly, what does option 'A' even mean? Write fix it up new legislature to grandfather the undoable resulting effects? I have no idea what you're trying to say.

Route A leaves us trying to justify all the bailout and stimulus that was signed by an unauthorized power and route B opens the constitution to future desecration and change.

Secondly, there's been no bailout legislation signed by Obama. For whatever reason, people posting here have decided to forget that the bailout of the nation's banks and automakers occurred under the Bush administration. By the end of 2008, almost $11 Trillion dollars had been given or guaranteed to the banks and insurers, and the first round of bailouts for the automakers (and their ultimate takeover) had been started. The only money that's gone out of the US Treasury for bailouts under Obama, has been money that was already committed by Bush, Paulson and Bernanke (all three republicans). In fact, the money has been coming back IN to the Treasury from the banks since Obama started putting unpleasant conditions on the loans instead of continuing with the no-strings-attached Bush policy.

And which part of the stimulus package do you want to give back? The tax cuts, the funds for unemployment benefits, or the funds for job creation projects? Is it working very well.. no. But people also forget that there were TWO stimulus packages under Bush, neither of those worked very well either.

If you want to believe Obama is not eligible to be President even though there's zero proof, go right ahead. But you can't change the facts of the bailouts.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

Amen, Star for you brother. It seems everyone is forgetting that the bailout was Bush's last move before he left.

Another thing I would like to point out to these folks is that if for some reason Obama was shown not to be eligible then Joe Biden will become President not McCain. McCain is done, he lost, there is no scenario on earth that can make him president unless he would run and win in 2012 and that isn't going to happen.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
The elegiblity of the President is intrinsically important. The founding fathers knew the person elected must be loyal to the constitution and to the people whom it governs. Foreign entanglments undermine this goal. Americans grow up knowing what natural born means. It is very simple. It means, born in the United States of America. This prevents children of american citizens with foreign dealings and interests from accending the position of president.

It is designed that elegible candidates will have spent the majority of their lives here in the USA, that they will know our country, love it and be proud of it. To some this may sound cliche, but I think it is a base idea. Abraham Lincoln, Harry S Truman, and John F. Kennedy all were American through and through. They lived the American existence, worked hard, loved the people of the USA.

Now look at Barack Obama with his sociologist mother and his foreign entanglments...he does not act like someone who loves his country and lives to defend it. He is ashamed of his country and is trying to bend it to fit the global ideal of what he thinks the USA should submit to. He describes it himself that it is the way his mother taught him to think. As a sociologist, she would look at human situations in a clinical and detached way and search for solutions...this is where BO learned to try to solve the global issue of poverty, the global issue of climate chance, the global issue of monetary policy....he desperately wants to solve the "WORLDS" problems...when he should just be defending the Constitution and let Americans live their free lives in a well defended sovereign nation. He is completely overstepping his role. Not being Natural Born, has given him a much wider perspective, which is this case is harmful to the people and Constitution of the United States of America.

I will continue to believe he is not elegible until he once and for all proves he is.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Missing Blue Sky

If as you say that one must be born in the US to be president, then John McCain was never eligible to be president either. He was born in Panama.

"No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States"

This is sort of misleading however, as a natural born citizen has never been defined legally. For example, if you are born overseas to US parents, you aquire citizenship automatically at birth, so you would be born a US Citizen. Many past presidential candidates have been born outside the US.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by oneinthesame]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Actually the whole "natural born clause" was good old Tom Jefferson...in order to make sure that Alexander Hamilton (a Haitian by birth) never was to be eligible for POTUS. Jefferson personally hated Hamilton just that much.

Read some of Hamilton's quotes sometime. Many people on ATS will find that they agree with much of them.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
My thought: The majority of American voters elected him president...so it doesn't matter...WE LIKE HIM (not worship him)...he HAS lived in the US the majority of his life....he is well educated.....well spoken...and likable....So far his approval rating is much better than Bush

In a nutshell...I like the best candidate possible....if he HAPPENS to not be a natural born citizen (which I firmly believe he is)...then SO WHAT...yeah I said it...SO WHAT....the best man should get the job....you know...the one that will get the job done...and If we (Americans) have to seek someone outside the "natural born" requirement...then that is just what we should do.

Just my 2-cents

EDIT: Why do people so passionately believe that being a natural born citizen makes one more well equip to run the free world?

[edit on 15-7-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
EDIT: Why do people so passionately believe that being a natural born citizen makes one more well equip to run the free world?

Cause he was not born in the United States. Its states 14th admendment that you have to be a US born citizen.. If we let anyone become president we could be in a world of hurt..

I am sure a Russian or Mexican government wont want an American or Chinese person running their country.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
Cause he was not born in the United States.

Prove it! Hawaii says he is...

14th Amendment...Haha!!! Where were the Constitution preservationists when Bush Jr. was wiping his A** with our constitution.

Heck, the 14th was not even part of the original bill of rights...it was not our forefather's intention to prevent non-natural born citizens from being president...it wasn't added till later...

We are a nation born of immigrants...immigrants were our first political minds...they did a damn fine job at it too.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by wx4caster

Just so people have the facts:

Bailout was a Bush program. Obama inherited it

Stimulus is Obama's. Most of the money isn't even close to being spent yet and probably never will be.

Low tax revenues are as responsible for our deficit as anything else.

Of course in a time of record low taxes being paid the Republicans continue to push for lower taxes.

If Obama is proven not be eligible I would assume they would negate everything he has signed. Of Course Biden would then be the President and he would sign it all over again. The truth of the matter is they really haven't done very much. Stimulus and Credit Card Rights are about it.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
Cause he was not born in the United States.

Prove it! Hawaii says he is...

Can we see it? I dont recall that it has been ligetimized at all to date..

14th Amendment...Haha!!! Where were the Constitution preservationists when Bush Jr. was wiping his A** with our constitution.

Need to pay attention who you spout crap off to..
key notes in my past would show you that i can give a crap who is in office. If they do not follow the constitution I have an issue with them.
case in point..

Look at sig.

Heck, the 14th was not even part of the original bill of rights...it was not our forefather's intention to prevent non-natural born citizens from being president...it wasn't added till later...

This has what to do with it not being part of the constitution again?

We are a nation born of immigrants...immigrants were our first political minds...they did a damn fine job at it too.

Taken care of here.

Link

(h) a person born before noon (Eastern Standard Time) May 24, 1934, outside the limits and jurisdiction of the United States of an alien father and a mother who is a citizen of the United States who, prior to the birth of such person, had resided in the United States.

I dont see why you have an issue wit things.. really.. Constitution clearly states that you have to be born in the US to be president.. hard to understand. if the case proves that he has which it hasnt then there wouldnt be an issue.

Therefor show the proof or step down because he is not able to be our president.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
If Obama is found to be not a natural born citizen....

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh,
Show me Joe Biden on my telavivzion,
And Barak on a boat back home.
Then we'll be ridin' on the tail of a lion on the grassy knoll we'll roam.

It's dishwater, dishwater, dishwater, ya!
It's dishwater beer for sure.
It's dishwater, dishwater, dishwater, ya!
It's dishwater beer and pure.

top topics

join