It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud noise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I am looking to see if anyone on here would have a clue about something that happened about an hour ago, around 4am my time.

I was just sitting here at my computer and out of nowhere there was this extremely loud, and I do mean LOUD noise that literally made me jump out of my seat. I looked out my bedroom window and saw nothing, but the sound was still there and sounded like it was coming from above my apartment complex. I went outside and saw nothing, the sound now was off in the distance and was sort of pulsing.

The way I can best describe the sound is like a fire extinguisher but multiply that by 10.000. The sound was constant when it seemed like it was above my apartment complex, but by the time I got to the living room and outside the sound was pulsing as if you were pulling the trigger on the extinguisher over and over again in short bursts.

I got in my car and headed in the direction where I thought the sound was coming from. Nothing. absolutely nothing. I am baffled. Normally I wouldn't post such a thing, but this was so loud it scared the crap out of me. the sound lasted about 5 minutes or so.

any thoughts?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
well assuming you said about 4am an hour ago you would have to be fairly close to me (assuming eastern time?) any more description of the sound? and a more precise location?(City? or at least state?)

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I live in Michigan, Wayne County area.

I should say sounded like a PKP extinguisher rather than a normal fire extinguisher. You know how when you use them they have that burst of air sound coming out of them almost like a flare sounds?

Sounded like that, but as stated a lot louder.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by I think Im normal]

[edit on 15-7-2009 by I think Im normal]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Well I'm paying attention to this thread. Tell us what your neighbors say.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Not to throw a spanner in the works, but sound does have odd qualities about it sometimes.
It could have been ( I'm from the uk and living in a built up area by the way) A plane going over, or if its the US a military jet on maneouvers. The sounds can be muffled or amplified by the terrain , they can even be distorted by buildings .

For example over our block of flats planes fly overheard most of the day, and occasionally we get quite a high flight go past and it sounds really low, even though your looking at it and its way up high, not quite 35000 feet, and not low enough to be on a landing approach. I'd say about 10-15,000 feet.
The sound can 'wobble' as well as it bounces off buildings and other 'blocks', being muffled by trees and bushes before it gets to your ears, you know when you hear a noisefrom the front and turn round only to have the 'noise maker' behind you.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Could it have been a Sonic boom or as has been mentioned, a low flying airplane?

The duration of the noise could be more than one plane, their engine sounds overlapping each other.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

I guess it could have been a passenger jet but I live fairly close to an air port over in MN. It doesn't really sound anything like he described and im not so sure if military jets would be flying over head in Michigan. I'm not to far from there and I have only seen one fighter jet fly over my whole life.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
DataWraith and Lichter daraus

I have no clue what it was, but being 4am, I would think that the military would not be doing drills over civilian houses that early and as far as DataWraith description, this could be possible. just curious as to why I have never heard this sound before and why it was so loud.

Regensturm
This sounded nothing like a sonic boom, or at least like I have heard from the things shown on the tv.

I guess I will not know for sure, thanks for posting your thoughts everyone. I will keep my ears open and see if it happens again.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by I think Im normal

Do you normally have military jets flyin over head in your area? I mean anytime?
I never do, just the one time...

PEACE!!!

[edit on 04/16/2009 by Lichter daraus]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I have only heard one military craft in my life fly over head, but that was about 8 miles from where I live now and has been 16 years since then. I believe there was an air show going on when I heard that.

I believe there was an air show in that town last week, but this was not last week, this was 4am this morning.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Funny, like 6 weeks ago I was sleeping and suddenly I was waken by a really big noise. Close to you description, maybe more like this garbage trucks that have the air pressure off. Only that it was at least 4 times louder. I got really scared by it, woke up, saw nothing went back to sleep. The next day my roomate said he didnt hear anything at all.

Probably nothing to do (me being in Buenos Aires) with it but when I read this, that was the first thought that came to my mind, that exact same noise at the exact time.

I had to post.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I live in Michigan also, OC, I heard a strange sound last week,, I posted here, it was like a jet but it hung around for two minutes. strange..

top topics

join