It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien weapons

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by rustiswordz
It is rumoured that the British JSF will have the worlds first laser cannon/ particle beam weapon mounted on it instead of the usual 50 milly cannon.

Uhh...where did you hear these rumors from crack pots the jsf isn't going to have any beam except of the weak lasers that is going to be used for painting targets. And the particle beams are reserved for our black planes

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
there's no need to spill that communist rhetoric in these forums about the PLA. They are a qualitively average force with a large quantity of equipment and men.

Give the PLA 30 years though, and I suppose it will be a different thing.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by PLA OF CHINA
china have enough power to defeat the any of country. Because they have the best army in the world. the Chinese have the tanks( type 98, type 96 and so on),and probiblly 750,000,000 AK 47's, also they have more the adv weapons. you can see the more informations.
www.sinodefence.com...
the special force's have the enough capability to resloving any problem in any where and in any time. they have the adv guns and the adv equipments.
Although, now china have not the 4th fighter, they have the adv fighter(J-10,su-27,and su-30). If the su-27 or su-30 VS the F-22, who can win in this air battle?
chinese air force have more 3000 fighters.

PLA of China, I do not mean to offend, but it is not numbers that count, an F-22 Raptor with six sidewinders, can take out 6 Chinese fighters, not to mention the other armaments. So basically for one F-22 you would need to risk up to 6-8 Chinese fighters, if you use multiplication, that is a scary thought.

Quanlity, not quanity is the case here, and yes it all depends on how good the pilot is, if the pilot is good enough, he can take out more than just 6-8 enemy fighters, same goes for the chinese.

And if the Japanese Naval Pacific force could not defeat the U.S. Pacific Naval Fleet, then, no way in heck can China even come close.

And no, those are no lasers, those are anti-missile systems(fires more missiles to take out other missiles).

China's army might be big, but how much does it cost to maintain such a large army? And what about transportation? You all must understand, before infantry set foot on the battlefield, planners need to figure out how to GET the troopers to their destinations and how to get supplies there safely. The U.S. has the most efficient way to do this. So basically, the battle begins hours, maybe days before troops even land on the battlefield.

It is not about how large the army is, if anything, a large army might be easier to take out using nukes(lets hope it never comes to that).

So when you go and say, China has the ability to take on any country, you must take into account, can China really? What if you were a soldier on the frontlines up against the Americans? Did you think about the people that actually HAVE TO DO the fighting? Or are you all talk and no game? I will not act like I know you, so you may be a soldier, I do not know, but all I know is that going up against the U.S. would be a suicide move for the Chinese one way or another...

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Stealth is not as simple as people on this thread are trying to make it seem. If it was really that simple every country would be using it.

The concept came from a Russian scientist who derived from Maxwell's equations a method for calculating the reflectivity of a flat panel. A Lockheed engineer read the paper and developed software(ECHO 1) for calculating radar cross sections of objects composed entirely of triangles. Hence, the F-117's shape.

In stealth aircraft, RAM and RAS are used. The first are Radar-Absorbing Materials, which are polymers that absorb most of the radar energy. RAS are Radar-Absorbing Structures, a honeycomb-type structure that essentially "traps" radar waves.

Next, you try to either use weird angles (F-117) to scatter the radar energy all over the place and to make sure that as little as possible gets back to the emitter. Or you use an approach similar to that of the B-2 and F-22: a small profile, no vertical stabilizers (B-2) or angled ones (F-22).

IR stealth is achieved by IR-absorbing coating and by trying to mask the engine heat signature. You will notice that the engine nozzles in both the B-2 and the F-22 are not on the very rear of the aircraft. That is to give the hot air a chance to mix with the surrounding cooler air and to therefore cool it down. There are also designs which inject a coolant into the airstream after it has left the nozzles to further cool it down.

There are still many things classified about stealth

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   

PLA of China, I do not mean to offend, but it is not numbers that count, an F-22 Raptor with six sidewinders, can take out 6 Chinese fighters, not to mention the other armaments. So basically for one F-22 you would need to risk up to 6-8 Chinese fighters, if you use multiplication, that is a scary thought.

Quanlity, not quanity is the case here, and yes it all depends on how good the pilot is, if the pilot is good enough, he can take out more than just 6-8 enemy fighters, same goes for the chinese.

The raptor will lose some of its stealth, but it can also carry 6-8 more missiles on its wing hard pints. So its basically if you have a good pilot flying the raptor can take out 14-16 Chinese planes.

[edit on 31-7-2004 by WestPoint23]

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

Uhh...where did you hear these rumors from crack pots the jsf isn't going to have any beam except of the weak lasers that is going to be used for painting targets. And the particle beams are reserved for our black planes

yeah westpoint keep thinking that,dont worry your country is the only country with stealth planes,electric armour,lasers,UAV'S,UCAV'S and of course super quiet submarines
you do relise this is sarcasim .......right westy

frankly i dont see how thier going to get the power on the JSF any ideas?

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I wouldnt say america is the only country to have those types of technology. But there is not that many countries that do have this tech its a rather small club in the world. Besides america is leading the field in a lot of those techs. Which is to be expected when you spend more then everyone eles combined.

I have yet to see a true stealth plane created by another country. I mean a production plane not some test plane or concept. I could be dead wrong though as im not privy secret projects.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
yeah but who actually has the money to make a stealth plane ....well the french do but i dont know why they dont..strange country.
also we did build a prototype stealth plane but the US put pressure on NOT to make it,for some reason.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Cool is there any pics of the prototype? I would like to see what path they went with the stealth plane. I know other countries could build them but as you said they are not cheap to build.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
the replica it was called but i think it might have been just a test plane. its not total stealth like the B2 or F117.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
dont worry your country is the only country with stealth planes,electric armour...........

Um, sorry.... electric armour???

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by xenometric

Um, sorry.... electric armour???

its in another yeah its where the first armour layer (plate1) is connceted to the second armour layer (plate2). Basically when the round hits the first layer and blasts a hole in it and connects with the second plate then the current flows through the round and melts the thing then it sorta incinerates it (mind spelling). interesting idea you not think?

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
interesting idea you not think?

Sounds good in theory...

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Uhh...as a contactee,yes,some of them invited me to take a shot at them.They have shields.It was like hitting a pneumatic tire. Not painful,a bit of give to it. I assume they can adjust it to stop a bullet.heard of that happening in encounters with them.
That was just a demonstartion.They can knock you out, like a short circuit in the head.
The Village of The Damned.yes,they can do that.make you turn your guns on each other.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Uhhh...contactee? You mind taking some pictures of your small gray friends for us
One thing that I think can disrupt an alien or kill it is a high frequency microwave beam aimed at their heads, or a high frequency and high pitched sound again aimed towards their heads. If that don�t work then we could always try our solid state lasers on them

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
Actually the US got it's stealth from a russian mathmaticians work. He created a formula for the dispersal of radio waves, and Russia somehow didn't classify his work. They then used supercomputers of the time to model an aircraft around the formula. Because the computers were not very advanced at the time, only flat surfaces could be used (hence the look of the F-117) a little later they were able to use rounded edges and this led to the B-2. Sorry dude - England had nothing to do with it. If anything, the US stole Russian ideas and implemented them.

Actually he was a physicist not a mathematician, by the name of Pyotor Ufimstev. His work was titled "Method of Edge Waves in the Physical Theory of Diffraction."

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Ok lets use common sense. If we got technology from aliens why did they choose to give the US stealth? Why not any other country. All it takes is some hard working engineers who know how to get the job done right.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 06:01 AM
link   
First of all the US did not get stealth from the russian scientist, we got a formula from one of his books. that formula enabled you to calculate the RCS, it did not show you how to get stealth it only showed you how to determine the RCS.

Next if these aliens have advanced tech and are smarter then us, then they would have figured out who the strongest country would be... which is the US. Ok that sounds far fetched, I think we just shot them down to many time that is how we got their tech.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   

First of all the US did not get stealth from the russian scientist, we got a formula from one of his books. that formula enabled you to calculate the RCS, it did not show you how to get stealth it only showed you how to determine the RCS.

Next if these aliens have advanced tech and are smarter then us, then they would have figured out who the strongest country would be... which is the US. Ok that sounds far fetched, I think we just shot them down to many time that is how we got their tech.

Yes i agree, we just got the formulas from then and used them in the Echo Program to invent stealth, as far as shooting down aliens, im quite doubtfull about that.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   

If you look at this link, many concepts comprising the stealth tech were
developed in Nazi Germany (look at the shape and note the desciption of the glue used in construction). So sorry guys, the aliens gave the tech to Nazis, not the US, and the US took it from the Nazis.

www.luft46.com...

[edit on 12-8-2004 by Aelita]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join