It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Answer is Obvious(ly too much for most to accept)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I'm tired of reading posts about who is right in the War on Whatever it is these days. Or any war. Any skirmish, battle, or throwing of stones. Flexings of muscles, developments of new technologies to kill people, and foreign policies aimed at coercing other nations.

War is garbage. It is pointless and obviously doesn't fix things. History has seen too many come and go. Immediately the implications seem to have solved problems, but the root is still there, festers, returns.

Yet its not even war that I'm criticizing, but why people fight them. Abdul Khalif fights because he's a patriot and takes pride in his country. Joe Smith fights because his religion tell hims to. This is ridiculous in our time and its no longer necessary. The human population is growing fast; the abundance of Earth's minerals is not.

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but I can't believe we still do this. The United States are fighting a war to "make safe their safety" or whatever. Of course you can't blame these people in the Middle East who are defending their homes, just as the United States would do. Yet the United States continues to pursue a very adventurous foreign policy.... they should not be.

The answer is simple; no more war, no more guns, no more territories, boundaries, tribal groups, gangs. The human race is pretty retarded for an intelligent species. Its time for all nations, all continents to pool their resources towards..

Space exploration, finding a new home, the continuity of the species.

I apologize for how unrefined my thoughts are. This world simply baffles me.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by NexGenRevolution

S & F.

I, too, am baffled by this world.

Human against human instead of trying to save the planet. It beggars belief.

And another thing I cannot believe is that we humans let other humans starve, and just don't care.

No wonder we are headed for an ultimatum. We have let down this planet and our own species.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I am most certainly not one to accept the roles of an all powerful authority in my life; also I always have my firearm near and would never advocate gun control (except once for a debate in high school :/ ).

But its time for someone to go to the gangs of new york, go to the islamic jihadists in the middle east, and any other group of armed rabblerousers and take their guns. Tell 'em tough, enough is enough.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by NexGenRevolution
The answer is simple; no more war, no more guns, no more territories, boundaries, tribal groups, gangs. The human race is pretty retarded for an intelligent species. Its time for all nations, all continents to pool their resources towards..

Space exploration, finding a new home, the continuity of the species.

I apologize for how unrefined my thoughts are. This world simply baffles me.

I could not agree more, if the nations of this planet would agree to stop using the old and ( in my eyes ) useless money and just sit together to discuss what REALLY needs to happen.

Space exploration + sustainable ( african ) farming + sustainable energy can create enough work and motivation for everyone, if the ideas are brought right.

By this I mean that during such project people should see that the leaders do not mean business because of profit but because of progress and sustainability.

Thanks for this thread, you just restored my faith in humanity a little bit

Edit: Spelling error.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by Lunatyx]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
i totally agree with your post, but in a world with so much conflicting opinions on race religion and politics, you are always going to get hostility. You can see it for yourself on this very forum. we need to start being able to sort out our differences without fighting. Maybe the need for some sort of Global government could help instill peace by arbitrating conflicts between nation states.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lunatyx
Thanks for this thread, you just restored my faith in humanity a little bit

Pleasure. Just trying to understand my place.

What I have in mind would almost be considered a communist model (I think). If we're taking care not to kill each other, caring for the sick, elderly, starving, or homeless ties in. To be negligent and ignore them is the same as burying them.

Capitalism is fine and dandy (I really wouldn't WANT it any other way), but it causes people to lose sight. At this point, the only way for us/Earth to make it is to safe what we have, ration to EVERYONE only what they need, and everyone has to pull their own weight.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I am afraid your plan is an utopia. It sounds good, but would never work out on the "field" level. War is garbage, it is awful, it is evil however it is not pointless. It is (sadly) accepted way of continuing diplomacy and each war has its clear political/social/economical/strategical consequences. By accepted - i mean accepted by Human society worldwide and throughout the ages. This is how we work socially. Even huge carrot in a way of space exploration would not cause us to change our social structure overnight and abandon warfare. If elites in charge were genuinly interested in this - it would still be long process involving several/ lot of generations.
By the way - you ar not the first who suggest this approach. There were people who made much more refined suggestions - like Karl Marx - and look what came out of it. You cannot demand "no tribal groups/boundaries..." from Human race that exists because of those concepts. It is like demand from lion in the wild to not hunt, eagle - to not fly. Cow - to not eat grass. Would never work.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
i totally agree with your post, but in a world with so much conflicting opinions on race religion and politics, you are always going to get hostility. You can see it for yourself on this very forum. we need to start being able to sort out our differences without fighting. Maybe the need for some sort of Global government could help instill peace by arbitrating conflicts between nation states.

Firstly, I think the existence of "nation states" is what needs to be eliminated. No more nationalism, patriotism or what have you.

The fact that religion exists, and many of them, poses a problem. I think the United States' method works tried and true. Subscribing to any religion is legal, but all of their practices may not be.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Good luck in your quest for world peace.

The sad reality is it's never going to happen, too many cultural/religious differences between all nations they're never going to all come together as Mankind. Added to the fact that it's human nature to fight in tribes, we've been doing since the dawn of man will forever continue to do it until only 1 sect is left, and even then we'll likely find something else to argue & fight over.

It's like the Southpark Episode were Cartman freezes himself in the snow and wakes up in the future, Religion has been abolished, yet people are still fighting for assinine reasons the main being which Athiest Alliance has the best name for mankind and it's true, we'll fight & argue anything and that's never going to change unless we all take up bhuddism and find inner peace

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

Look at me! I can sit around and make jokes at other people because I already said what heshe said. Too bad thats all I can do is think and not act.

link   
reply to post by NexGenRevolution

I applaud you!
Pity the majority will not listen, or just plainly bring out their "rights" to do this and to do that or to own a gun or it was written here that we could do it or its in our constitution and soooo onnnnnn...

Its like beating your head against a brick wall.......

link   

I'm tired of reading posts about who is right in the War on Whatever

And I'm tired of all the peace nutjobs who don't live in reality.

War is garbage. It is pointless and obviously doesn't fix things.

The answer is simple; no more war, no more guns, no more territories, boundaries, tribal groups, gangs.

Where do you live exactly?
Because you will be easy target for criminals since you will not fight back when attacked nor do you posses any firearms to help protect yourself when attacked.

It must be nice living on fantasy island. Have you seen tattoo recently?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

I'm tired of reading posts about who is right in the War on Whatever

War is garbage. It is pointless and obviously doesn't fix things.

The answer is simple; no more war, no more guns, no more territories, boundaries, tribal groups, gangs.

Where do you live exactly?
Because you will be easy target for criminals since you will not fight back when attacked nor do you posses any firearms to help protect yourself when attacked.

It must be nice living on fantasy island. Have you seen tattoo recently?

Didnt have to wait long!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech
Added to the fact that it's human nature to fight in tribes, we've been doing since the dawn of man will forever continue to do it until only 1 sect is left, and even then we'll likely find something else to argue & fight over.

Take the killing out of the equation and people can argue all they desire.

At this point I say bring your "new world order" on or one-world government or global whatever. I wouldn't mind speaking the same language as everyone else on the planet. Wherever I am I can feel comfortable in knowing what is happening with the people around me. Lets all use the same currency and paperwork and whatever else you have for me.

Differences in religions and personal ideologies will never change. But we can throw some buffers in there somewhere.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by NexGenRevolution]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Seeker
Didnt have to wait long!!!

Good, glad I could help.

It must be nice to not live in reality. Please tell me how you are going to stop criminals and lunatics from being born? Because if you cannot then your entire fantasy is moot and will never come true. I realize reality is difficult for some to handle, but you must try. Since there will always be criminals and lunatics, there will always be war. No way around it. What are you going to do when a criminal or lunatic tries to kill you? Sit him down and sing camp fire songs?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Seeker

Perfect timing.

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Yes, I suppose on the other side of the spectrum there must be people complaining about how there isn't ENOUGH war.

Simply, I'm making a statement that instead of spending millions of lives and billions of dollars killing and destroying, lets do something constructive instead.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Simply, I'm making a statement that instead of spending millions of lives and billions of dollars killing and destroying, lets do something constructive instead.

Of course that is easy to say, but how will you accomplish this task? You do realize that there is a difference between wanting something and actually getting it right?

Unless you can answer me this one question: Please tell me how you are going to stop criminals and lunatics from being born? Because if you cannot then your entire fantasy is moot and will never come true.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Seeker
or to own a gun

Just to pick you up on this, there is nothing wrong with owning a gun. Guns do not kill people, people kill people! You think banning guns is going to prevent people from killing each other ? The Romans, Egyptians, Conquistadors and Crusaders (ok they had big guns called canons) never had guns and they seemed to be fine killing people!

Differences in religions and personal ideologies will never change. But we can throw some buffers in there somewhere.

Hate to burst your bubble of wordly delusion but do you not think people have tried to throw some buffers in there already ? Back when the British Empire spanned the globe, there was still no peace and it was a hell of alot of countries that we used to own. People like living in their own little tribes, adding buffers which go against their beliefs just intensifies things into wars.

Peace is a pipedream and it's never going to happen

[edit on 15/7/09 by Discotech]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Make a public scene out of first time offenders. Lop off a hand. Make them live with the humiliation. Second offense, publically lop off a head. No mercy when its comes to crime.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join