It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Dakota Missile Crew Members Discharged for Falling Asleep

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   

North Dakota Missile Crew Members Discharged for Falling Asleep

www.foxnews.com

The Air Force discharged three North Dakota ballistic missile crew members who fell asleep while holding classified launch code devices, the military announced Tuesday. Officials said the codes were outdated and remained secure at all times.

The crew members were discharged last Thursday under orders from Air Force Secretary Michael Donley, said spokeswoman Laurie Arellano.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
So i guess everyone thought that this could never happen right ?

Well it can happen to everyone and anyone, but it does indicate the lack of professionalism amongst those very individuals who are put there for a particular purpose. Would be very interested to know what the psychological profile of these individuals was and who had re examined them.

To openly say that they carried launch codes and communication material which expired was as stupid as the act in itself. I guess these individuals are well aware that this incident will follow them to right up to the day they die and there service record is now officially black listed as compromised.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-7-2009 by tristar]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
So i guess everyone thought that this could never happen right?
Well it can happen to everyone and anyone

It can, and it does.

but it does indicate the lack of professionalism amongst those very individuals who are put there for a particular purpose.

Again, it does, however, it says nothing about any other crews tasked with what I honestly believe to be the second most difficult job in the world.

How many silos are there? (I know there's a lot of them but I haven't heard a number or counted them myself yet. (The info is online if you really want to know. With maps and everything. Why, I don't know.)) Each one has multiple crews running them. How many crews to each silo, I don't know, but just one crew out of "how many?" doesn't sound like much of a problem to me for some reason.

Even if someone should have balls enough to try to get into a launch area and succeed in taking over without anyone else knowing, when they try to launch the missile, those at the Launch Control Facility can and would terminate the launch. (The turning of the keys we all see in the movies isn't the final step.)

Would be very interested to know what the psychological profile of these individuals was...

Myself as well. Only to see what the Air Force was looking for to give someone this job.

thier service record...

They're done.

I've never been in the military and what I've said here may be wrong, but it's what I've read. If anyone has current info, please share it with everyone.

[edit on 7/15/2009 by Americantrucker]

join