It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Can You Live Where There Is No Government Control?(Off The Grid) Basicaly.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Is there actually a place, or Island, where one can live and not have to worry about paying taxes or the government?

Some times when all the MSM, Alex Jones, and Glen beck fear mongering gets to me I find my self asking " I need to just get away with my family and not worry about the world, no rent, no taxes, no POLICE! But I would still like internet access though"

So, I was just curious if anyone knew of such a place or where one can create their own Utopia?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by king Pop!p

Nope, don't think it exists. However, I think the Northwest offers a lot of land in which you can be more free. Seems the area has large underground cash economy. Food for thought is all.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Heads up, this is in the wrong section, maybe a mod will come along and move it.

But, to the OP. Yes, in a way. There are numerous ads on craigslist, where you can rent a room from someone or a basement. Bascially, nothing is in your name and it would be really hard to find you, if people were looking for you.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
How about if I just move to an island in the pacific or something, theres 1000's of little Island and stuff all around the World? Do You guys think a country would claim that land?

This is a serious question. Its messed up that one can't find an island and make it there own don't you think?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Somalia.

Second line.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
there is a book i own.

Emergency! This book could save your life!

google it. good stuff!

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Bottom of the Mariana Trench, floating island made of garbage, and my personal favorite Northern Canada, noone will ever even look for you there.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I am in BC canada....looking for the same thing.... I was actually ON and island the other day thinkign the same thing....what are the rules for islands....hmmmmmm.....

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mellisamouse
I am in BC canada....looking for the same thing.... I was actually ON and island the other day thinkign the same thing....what are the rules for islands....hmmmmmm.....

I had the same idea. After I graduate from college I was thinking about leaving the U.S for a while. I would like to go some place cold...very cold.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
There is nowhere left that is not controlled by a parent country. Even if you bought an island, you would still be under the rule of the owner nation. There used to be a few micronations, but no one recognizes them. All that is really left are some of the more lawless countries, as mentioned above. Places like Somalia, but you would take quite a risk living in such a place, especially if you don’t blend into the populace. Beyond that, you can go somewhere really remote (the Amazon, Northern Canada, Siberia, etc), if you can survive there.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocketgirl

You cannot get any colder then this unless you go into space:
Raytheon Polar Services
Enjoy…

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
well, since i am full blooded injun, i figured that i could live on my rez until all the smokes clears.. BUt i am realizing that no matter where you go you will eventually have to "MAN UP" and face this upcoming battle... there are places that you can go and hunker down, but if you are stocked and aware then YOU should be somewhat okay... My rez has too many knuckleheads and I do not trust any of them, the rez has a peaceful serenity to it but the youth are truely wild... dunno.... all i have to say is good luck and be observant in the shadows... (of course locked and loaded)

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Recycled island

Try it, but as for internet I doubt it.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAntiHero420

That was pretty neat, to bad it wasn’t hurricane proof.

Not something you want to be on the ocean with in rough weather though.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Yes lol too bad, I believe another was recently made. But unfortunately I doubt that one could be made to withstand hurricane or tsunami forces, otherwise you would never hear from me again.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by king Pop!p

well, you can buy your own island and get satellite phone/internet...

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

When you buy an island you are subject to the parent nation who governs that island though. There are no more independent islands that I am aware of.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

hecla island?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

why not buy a ship then?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
There is a little place called Ruby Ridge, Idaho... ever heard of it? it is beautifu there! AND you will be left alone by the goverbment!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join