It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bombshell: Orders revoked for soldier challenging prez Major victory for Army warrior questioning O

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
chattahbox.com...

Not a whole lot in the news about this, but you can google and find several articles.

A hearing on Cook’s requests will take place Thursday in Columbus federal court.

For a little more understanding, his orders were revoked, because .........
Because he's a reserve soldier who volunteered for an active duty tour he can "ask for a revocation of orders up until the day he is scheduled to report for active duty," a public affairs officer explained

From what I can find, the guy volunteered, just so he could do this.

Ah...just FEEL the patriotism of the birthers and the extremists of the right-wing.

Inciting mutiny, and encouraging people who don't want to deploy to use this birther *snip bs* as an excuse to stay home (Or more likely, in the brig.) Is perfectly acceptable, patriotic behavior. Protesting a war, or criticizing a Republican on the other hand, is of course high treason. Makes perfect sense.

Personally, I don't think this will go anywhere. Just like when Bush became president both times, people believed he stole the election, and nothing ever came of that.

I will be paying attention to see what takes place.

Harm None
Peace

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

That's possibly true for a small segment of the folks questioning President Obama's birthplace, however the long form would provide more data that could easily be verified.

I am not convinced 100% that the POTUS wasn't born in Hawaii, however the long form would convince me, and I think nearly everyone.

I thought your pondering that this whole mess might've been allowed to continue by Obama himself to be interesting, and more evidence of your personal sense of fairness -- goodonya. I think that has a low probability of being true, but interesting nonetheless.

Producing the long form would also put to rest all the questions regarding the "standing" of persons filing a suit. As I understand it, in most of those cases it was ruled that only Congress had standing to file such a suit. If that's accurate, it seems absurd to me.

I just want to know the truth, regardless of the outcome. Seems a lot of people feel the same way. If the LF were produced, the country would have a much better chance of getting galvanized towards figuring out the rest of the mess the U.S. is in.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
Yeah because the army doesn't want one nut in their army means that Obama is illegitimate. Oh you birthers can be pretty funny sometimes. Really now, they probably just did this to avoid making it a big issue. This has nothing to do with the military's stance on Obama. You already know the military is sworn to protect the state, and, the head of the state here is the President. And, this is because of statism. Chill people.

I'm so thankful to have you on ATS Frank....

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

He is already a known liar, why wouldn't he lie about this?

Well he is a politician, don't think that Bush ever lied, don't think Clinton ever lied, don't think Bush sr. Ever lied? Don't think Reagan ever lied? :shk:

And your statement of "there is no point too" is about the most lackadaisical most ignorant comment that I've ever heard.

There is no point, Obama submitted his COLB for verification, as well as having it authenticated, they went so far as to ask the Department of Health in Hawaii for verification and they did verify that it is authentic.

At this point Obama would have to hand deliver a certified copy of his long form to every Birther out there and still none of them would believe him. It would be akin to trying to prove to someone in the 10th century that the Earth is round.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by JulieMills

"Slipped through the noose?"

:shk:
I think we found the real reason you don't like Obama.

I have no problem with the person it is the president that I don't like.
He is ruining this country. I feel the same way about Jimmy Carter and Al Gore and they're as white as snow. So take your racism arguments elsewhere.

link   
The military has let one man stand down orders what does that show??

More so what does it set a new precedent of?

You think the highest chain of commands were not involved in letting him stand down werent involved your mistaken..

They would have not let one man stand down just to keep a single ''nutter'' quiet..

The messege sent from the big dogs is enormous..If they let one man,they want others to do the same..And it will happen..

link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Certainly, this was a put up job. An officer volunteers for duty and then refuses orders, in public, because the orders came from the president whom he doesn't believe is legitimate but under whom he volunteered for duty. In volunteering to accept orders, wasn't he accepting the legitimacy of the President in office?
Of course, he could have refused the orders in private by filing a piece of paper because he was a volunteer. He chooses to take this to court for either a payoff by those who want more proof or of his own volition. This complete waste of the courts' time should get thrown out and the lawyer filing it should get her panties singed for a frivolous filing. The officer could face military charges [all officers are subject to involuntary recall] but will likely be bounced out, which is what he obviously wants anyway.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by amazed

So, anyone who questions the birthplace of President Obama is a "birther"? This seems like a baiting tactic to me -- it detracts from intelligently debating the issue, and quite possibly provokes one to shift to a subjective and personal response ---- like mine.

Not everyone who is interested in this issue is a data miner looking for ANY reason to oust the POTUS. I reject your box.

Wait, I get it....... you want a label of your own, right?

See above.

[edit on 15/7/09 by argentus]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
God help me please!!! What an idiot reponse. If and (only if!!) it was real and honest (his long birth certificate) experts could (in short order) prove it as they have proven the "crap" he has used (up to this point) to prove his "natural born" (hello you morons) citizenship. "You can lead an idiot to water but you can't make him drink". So shall it be in those days (now) that deception will over take them and they shall believe a lie. When they call evil good and good evil, know that the end is close at hand.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
reply to post by amazed

So, anyone who questions the birthplace of President Obama is a "birther"? This seems like a baiting tactic to me -- it detracts from intelligently debating the issue, and quite possibly provokes one to shift to a subjective and personal response ---- like mine.

Not everyone who is interested in this issue is a data miner looking for ANY reason to oust the POTUS. I reject your box.

Wait, I get it....... you want a label of your own, right?

See above.

[edit on 15/7/09 by argentus]

He is attempting to compare us to the 911 crowd. it is a nice try but this isn't going away anytime soon, i will patiently wait and watch him and his kind wither away into the woodworks as things develop against obama.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
The OP is seriously touting WorldNetDaily as a reputable source?!?

Hmmm....

conwebwatch.tripod.com...

If a news organization repeatedly reported falsehoods, would you read it? Of course not.

Yet, somehow, WorldNetDaily remains in business despite a long history of lying to its readers. WND's favorite targets of lies are Democratic presidential candidates.
*skip*

In 2004, WND uncritically repeated unverified rumors about a John Kerry affair and never apologized when they were proven false. It peddled every misleading or completely false claim made by the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth -- then hired Jerome Corsi, co-author of the book that first promoted those claims, as a reporter. WND published a Kerry attack book by the discredited conservative activist David Bossie, about whom WND itself asserted a few years earlier was "either extremely incompetent or was intentionally trying to sabotage investigations" in his previous role as an anti-Clinton investigator for a House committee. And WND editor Joseph Farah himself falsely claimed that money donated to a group by Kerry's wife, Teresa Heinz Kerry, went to "radical causes"; in fact, it was earmarked toward specific environmental projects.

WND started off the 2008 presidential season by targeting Hillary Clinton -- repeating dubious claims against her from a pair of discredited figures, documented liar Kathleen Willey and convicted felon Peter Paul. But as Barack Obama surged in the primaries, WND reacted by uncritically repeating never-verified claims by career criminal Larry Sinclair that he and Obama did drugs and had sex. This came, by the way, just a few days after settling the Clark Jones lawsuit, so one would think that verifying information it published to see if it was true in order to avoid future legal action would have been foremost on Farah's mind. Apparently not.

After Sinclair's claims fizzled -- he later discredited himself even further in a press conference a few months later -- WND settled for manufacturing controversy about Obama, mostly through reporter Aaron Klein's repeated attempts at guilt by association.

Further investigation into the methods and motives of this "news" organization are warranted.....

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by argentus

If he were to produce the long form, I think maybe a small handful of people would accept it and move on.

The vast majority of Birthers would still claim it was a fake. still claim that he has no right to be POTUS and would try some other angle to attempt to rid the office of Obama.

I could see something like, "If you look at the section here closely you can see that this i's dot is slightly elongated, that indicates that the entire document is a forgery concocted by masons in bohemian grove"

But it is better for Obama to keep people distracted by this issue. That way they in congress and the white house can do whatever they want to and keep people from probing into matters that are of actual concern to the nation.

Remember either way the guy probably will serve one term so you have 3.5 years of this guy before they instill the next shill into office.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Well he is a politician, don't think that Bush ever lied, don't think Clinton ever lied, don't think Bush sr. Ever lied? Don't think Reagan ever lied?

We aren't talking about those people we are talking about Obama, who's action proves he is nothing like what he campaigned for us to believe.

This is about Obama not anybody else. If this was a republican and not a democrat in this situation you would be all for it. I would be fore it regardless of party.

As far as you second statement, do you care about the US Constitution? Judging by your statements you can care less. Well if that is the case I don't want to hear you complain about our rights being taken away.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by gaslaugh123

Which of the members here are you calling idiots and morons?

Anyone [who] disagrees with your [roundabout] points?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Agree, WDN is clearly a right-biased source. Some of the recent reports have been verafiable thought other sources, however you were right to point that out, WW. they are very overt about their agenda.

Part of the problem is the other side of the fence doesn't report on this at all, that I've seen -- it's simply not talked about.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I don't see the big deal yet. For starters, it IS WND. I don't know a lot, but you guys taught me to be skeptical of that source.

If his orders were revoked, that really doesn't mean much for any 'cause' at this popint.

I agree that he would be labeled as something...at least a conscientious objector and everything would be swept under the rug...this guy makes waves, gets thrown out, loses quite a bit and then learns to not rock the boat. Unfortunate, but a time-tested approach.

Meanwhile, nothing changes. "birthers' are lumped in with 'truthers' and moved up a notch on the list of those to remove when it's time.

Edit for fat fingers

[edit on 15-7-2009 by KSPigpen]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by GuyverUnit I

The question is : Who are the US Fighting? Iraq? Why? , Afganhistan? Why?Because of a few reatrded Muslims who took down some planes and inexcuseably murdered US citizens? So totally destroy anothers country instead of taking out the bad one's with the technology you have? Where's Osama Bin Laden folks? Scared if you take out the Master , you'll all die. Kill him (Queen Bee) and they will all run scared. But oh no send innocent sons and daughters over there to a place that there's NO chance of survival because of the hatred you now have created. What a bout Africa? Nothing there for you? Oil? Just like Bosnia. Why don't you ask Obama how much Oil he's cashing in on or Opium he's cashing in on? Something is paying the bills.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Here is the thing... it is mentioned in huffington post as well... but with more context...

Link

Because he's a reserve soldier who volunteered for an active duty tour he can "ask for a revocation of orders up until the day he is scheduled to report for active duty," a public affairs officer explained. Cook volunteered for the tour in May of this year. It is not clear why he did so, considering his current objections.

This has nothing to do with setting precedent. It would be like saying he thinks UFOs are behind the government and doesn't want to deploy because of that, and yet he still has his orders revoked because it's par for the course in reservist situations.

WND is trying to spin this as a win for Birthers... but it's not... not in the least.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
The OP is seriously touting WorldNetDaily as a reputable source?!?

Ok let us put aside WND.
What about this lady? is she make believe?
www.orlytaitzesq.com...

and these News programs she will be on? do they think WND made her up and she is fantasy and this whole issue is fantasy?

watch her yourself she wil be on today!

Steve Malzberg show tomorrow, probably 5:30 Eastern
July 15th, 2009

Lou dobbs radio show today around 11:15, TV show probably tomorrow
July 15th, 2009

thank you, you are dismissed.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by JulieMills]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

It's not just WND. They just happened to be the first that reported it! I agree that they haven't the stellar performance of other MSM (yes that's sarcasm) but they at least start the ball rolling occasionally!

Zindo

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join