It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bombshell: Orders revoked for soldier challenging prez Major victory for Army warrior questioning O

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Here is another source, looks like somone has done some manipulation behind the scenes. But why?

Ledger-Enquirer.com

“A reserve soldier who volunteers for an active duty tour may ask for a revocation of orders up until the day he is scheduled to report for active duty,” Quon said.
She added that there is an administrative process to request revocation of orders.
As of Tuesday afternoon, Cook had not asked for his orders to be revoked, Quon said. By 5 p.m. EDT, the orders had been pulled. Quon said she could not discuss why the Army revoked the soldier’s orders.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by Rams59lb

I don't feel he has dishonored himself. I feel he did what he felt was right, it is his opinion that Obama is not a legal president. He is entitled to that opinion and as such his effectiveness would be compromised on the battlefield and therefore he would not be a useful asset.

We agree then... I will say that it is not an opinion anymore! It is becoming very clear that our president refuses to provide the proper proof that would settle this whole thing which makes it more fact then fiction at this point until proven otherwise. I am a very proud vet, I feel very honorable for my actions and for this soldier as well. Great post.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by GuyverUnit I

I agree with you, if you don't think you can do the job don't enlist. What happens when the situation changes and you feel you can no longer preform your duties because you don't feel you can do the job?

The situation has changed, and this soldier does not feel he can fight for the President. He is now a liability and not an asset. It is better to rid the ranks of this sort of "fair weather soldier" as you so aptly put it, than to force them to fight for something they don't have the heart to.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I think its important to note that this guy is a reservist and not full time military.

On May 8, Cook submitted a formal written request to Human Resources Command-St. Louis volunteering to serve one year in Afghanistan with Special Operations Command, U.S. Army Central Command, beginning July 15, Quon said.

The soldier’s orders were issued on June 9.

“A reserve soldier who volunteers for an active duty tour may ask for a revocation of orders up until the day he is scheduled to report for active duty,” Quon said.

Source

I find it strange that he volunteered on May 8 and is now changing his mind. Obama was the Pres. when he volunteered...

It goes on to say that Cook didn't ask for the orders to be revoked.
I'd say the Army clearly thinks its better to drop him than move forward with trying to keep him. Even if the Army wins, he's clearly not a man of his word...

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by GuyverUnit I

Some folks lack of grasp on causality is staggering.

You know this has been tried before:

Unfortunately for Cook that case was already tried. A couple of times. And the last time someone tried it, it did not end well for the plaintiff. Retired Air Force Colonel Gregory S. Hollister tried to make the case and got seriously bitch-slapped.

Here's the opening of Judge Robertson's decision to dismiss that case:

This case, if it were allowed to proceed, would deserve mention in one of those books that seek to prove that the law is foolish or that America has too many lawyers with not enough to do. Even in its relatively short life the case has excited the blogosphere and the conspiracy theorists. The right thing to do is to bring it to an early end.

The plaintiff says that he is a retired Air Force colonel who continues to owe fealty to his Commander-in-Chief (because he might possibly be recalled to duty) and who is tortured by uncertainty as to whether he would have to obey orders from Barack Obama because it has not been proven -- to the colonel’s satisfaction -- that Mr. Obama is a native-born American citizen, qualified under the Constitution to be President.

The issue of the President’s citizenship was raised, vetted, blogged, texted, twittered, and otherwise massaged by America’s vigilant citizenry during Mr. Obama’s two-year-campaign for the presidency, but this plaintiff wants it resolved by a court.

It went down hill from there. Robertson was so rough, my butt was sore just reading the decision. With that in mind, lets return to the soon to be sore Mr. Cook. Turns out Cook, who lives in Florida, filed the suit in Georgia and is being represented by a lawyer from California, Orly Taitz, who has also challenged the legitimacy of Obama’s presidency in other courts. Sounds like another trip to the well to me.

When you consider the fact that Berg v Obama got treated seriously and got seriously trashed before the judge dismissed the case, it's no surprise the more recent dismissal was so cutting, curt, and contemptuous. In fact, in the DC case, the judge suggested the lawyer who brought the case, Mr. Hemenway, was guilty of a Rule 11 violation. Courts hate it when you waste their time.

I suspect the latest case will fare no better, but it will be fun to watch.

www.dailykos.com...
media.ledger-enquirer.com...

So let me get this straight ...

This jackassery about BO's BC has been shut down by courts more times that a conspiracy theorist on ladies night, and you think that Obama is worried so much about this one that he pulled his deployment orders?

Oh dear ...

I'm sure it's got nothing to do with any impending court martial/disciplinary action and stuff.

God bless Mr. Corsi and WND, they make Limbaugh look Christopher Lloyd sane.

[edit on 15 Jul 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   

It is still an opinion of the soldier. It is still the opinion of others that don't believe that Obama is our legal commander in chief.

Until concrete proof comes along that shows that Obama was not born on US Soil it is my opinion that Obama is our 44th President.

Funny thing about opinions isn't it?

As for military personnel that have the opinion that they cannot fight for someone as commander in chief that they believe is illegal. They should be allowed to step down. You should not put assets into a combat situation that cannot preform the function they are assigned.

You will not win a war if the hearts of your soldiers aren't in the fight. I don't care how many bodies you throw at the enemy. You will not win.

In a purely military strategy point of view, they were right to revoke this soldiers orders. Get him out of there. His contempt for the commander in chief would only be a morale killer.

[edit on 7/15/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by XTexan
It goes on to say that Cook didn't ask for the orders to be revoked.
I'd say the Army clearly thinks its better to drop him than move forward with trying to keep him. Even if the Army wins, he's clearly not a man of his word...

I believe he is a man of his word by obeying his oath not to obey an illigal order, it's funny how people whom have never served aren't aware of this oath and the fact is that the Army lost not just an Officer reservist or not but also because they would rather move forward then provide a simply form that we would all be obligated to fill out. I can't wait for more to follow suit, 1% would be awesome, 10% would be excellent and a higher percentage would defeat the NWO in its tracks

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

As i have stated before in other threads dealing with this particular issue...let's wait and see what develops...look what happened in only 4 days!
wait until there is Army wives lining up to file lawsuit papers on behalf of their husbands!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by JulieMills

As i have stated before in other threads dealing with this particular issue...let's wait and see what develops..

In life the pain is easy ... it's the hope that kills you.

But ... as you wish.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   

I hear what your saying but the guy volunteered for service on May 8. Obama was President on May 8 so I'm confused on why he has a problem now? No new evidence has been turned up since then...

I guess you can say he just changed his mind, but if he didn't believe Obama to be legal on May 8 then he shouldn't have volunteered.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Yeah but hold on a sec, Schrody...

Actually, this kinda depends on the way the plaintiffs play this out. Because if they insist that since according to their suit he is not eligible to be Pres, then this could be a trap- because then they would be agreeing that he has the legal authority to rescind the orders. Which, according to their suit, he does not.

So if Cook takes the suit all the way, he will in effect be suing Obama to prove the legality of sending him into combat. See how this works? They need to pursue the suit all the way, so we can settle this once and for all, and ignore any orders period from him.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Well this is being discussed on a conspiracy forum so the usual unquestioned beliefs are locked on place. The President is lying. The MSM is lying. Not as if everything on conspiracy websites is the God's Truth.

So what is the military to do if one soldier goes on the Internet, reads somewhere Obama is illegitimate, and refuses to take orders? Indulge the guy?

There are channels where he can discuss the matter with an officer and ask for relief due to his beliefs. Conscientious Objector was a status used for pacifist. He can request relief of his duties.

I'd say this is about a bad soldier.

Mik

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by XTexan

Ever hear of a false witness?

Sometimes in rather heinous crimes someone will come forward and completely confess to the crime. They want the notoriety and the attention that comes with the crime itself. They will take the punishment because it gives them the fame they disparately want.

Perhaps this soldier is a false witness. Sign up just to buck his orders. (perhaps he was paid or otherwise promised favors in exchange for this lawsuit.)

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by XTexan

Well I guess we can continue to look at his motives all day long but as for me I served during Regan, Bush Sr, Clinton and got out well into Bush Jr admin so what does that make me? I didn't believe in Desert Storm but went, I didn't agree with Clinton's realignment of the military but stayed and lost all faith in our gov with the disinfo of 9/11 within days of the event. I simply don't care who is running the WH as they are all just puppets. I would like America returned to it's greatness is all. I hope soldiers flock this attorney to take their case and we start to see a large amount of suits come forward that will either set off unrest or change that needs to be made.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Yeah I get that.

But this is exactly the same case that was tried before and the plaintiff got "bitch-slapped" for wasting the court's time.

media.ledger-enquirer.com...

In any case, there are plenty of threads on this topic. In this particular one the WND suggests that the guys orders were rescinded because his lawsuit has merit.

First of all there zero evidence to establish such causality, especially when one considers the microscopic (and I am being generous with the odds here) chances of such a lawsuit succeeding.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Honestly they must be TRYING to rile people up because any half-ass con-man can forge a passable birth certificate, so I can only imagine what someone could do with the resources Obama has, especially if he DID get into office without being born here.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by TrueAmerican

First of all there zero evidence to establish such causality, especially when one considers the microscopic (and I am being generous with the odds here) chances of such a lawsuit succeeding.

Hmm, funny- that's what I used to think about the Heller DC gun ban case too. I never thought in a million years they'd overturn it... And really, for all intents and purposes, they didn't- they just regulated the hell out of the guns instead.

I hear you though- I won't be the fool to get overly excited about this. It's just more WND putting wishful thinking reasons in Obama's mouth- that much we can definitely agree on.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

What happens when the situation changes?
Tough shoot.
You're in the Army now!

And honestly, that's what I would say to this soldier.
Except this case is rather complicated, to say the least.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

I hear you though- I won't be the fool to get overly excited about this. It's just more WND putting wishful thinking reasons in Obama's mouth- that much we can definitely agree on.

Tru dat ...

Not to mention that the peeps driving this behind the scenes already know the outcome. The know the lawsuits will fail, they know this whole BC thing is a sham. But the lawsuits keep the blogs talking, the true believers hoping, and the indoctrinated following.

So in many ways the ambition here is not to win any of these cases but to keep the conversation/marketing campaign going.

As long as places like the WND have material to talk about there will be folks that are only to eager to believe it and thread it on forums like ATS.

Same thing that happened during the campaign really ... but just as in any other war, some folks can't deal with it ending, especially if they lost.

[edit on 15 Jul 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
the difference is the 39 fake SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBERS...he can't explain those away.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join