It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry is unChristian

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
So, if you can't discuss religion our politics at the lodge, what DO you talk about?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Damn auto-correct.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by rtyfx
So, if you can't discuss religion our politics at the lodge, what DO you talk about?

Great Question!

During Lodge, we talk about Lodge business, fundraising, children, the parts of religion that are significant to our degree work and are mostly common to all religions. We may talk about work, or marriage, or wives, or sports, etc. After Lodge, people sometimes go off and talk about religion or politics in smaller circles, usually over alcohol and away from the Lodge.

In all honesty, and I hate to admit it, but we mostly gossip about all the other Lodges, the Shriners, and the BS that is going on in our own little fraternity, and it is not a very manly conversation, more like a bunch of women talking about one another, criticizing everything about them, and then being nice to their face, but I have a feeling that is just my district of Lodges...... I hope it isn't that way in all of Masonry!

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by rtyfx

Depends on the meeting. The usual business meeting may include (not in any particular order): reading of the minutes of past meetings, ballots/petitions for membership, bills, new business, old business, announcements, committee reports, and/or lectures given by whoever. New business/old business can include approving the budget for the upcoming year or passing legislation/amendments to the Statutes and By-Laws. There are many things that can be talked about during a meeting outside the scope of religion and politics.

When I preside over a meeting, I try to get all the boring business stuff done quickly and put a heavy emphasis on education. That's just me though. I know they are doing some exciting things in Colorado with reforming education.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

People of any religion waiting on another life (Heaven, Nirvana, Enlightenment, etc.) to fulfill the one they currently have are at a loss, always hoping a blind hope and having faith in a blind faith. Blind is blind no matter what good word is attached to it. If we are to believe in truth, a truth which shall set us free, then we should awaken in our time here and now and begin living.

I couldn't agree more, and this should be a religion all in itself! This life is all we have, and the best we can hope for is to evolve or transcend or become enlightened, but we have to do that through actions here and now! If there is nothing after this carnal existence, then we still need to live in the here and now! That is the secret of life. That is what everyone should be cherishing!

No one has come back from the dead and told anyone personally what is waiting for us and to say one knows otherwise is a lie.

Since it is afterall Easter Weekend, I will have to humbly disagree with this part!
While I am not a Christian myself, I do believe in miraculous events, I believe in Dragons, I believe in Giants, I believe every story told has some basis in truth, and I believe Jesus did rise after dying on the cross. Plus, even if I didn't believe it, I wouldn't discount it on Easter weekend, too many people do believe it.

For more of what anyway can believe in, I give you Don Williams...

Forgive me. I should of clarified that in my experience, no one has come back from the dead to tell me what is waiting for us on the other side. I have heard many stories but, not one dead relative or friend of mine that has past on has ever come back in the flesh to say, "hey, all the stories you've heard are true".

I do not wish to detract from peoples beliefs. If someone wants to believe in the resurrection of a man they have never met, then I wish them all the joy and pleasure they can derive from such a belief. What I am talking about is truth, not belief, as it relates to my experience. I believed in Santa Claus, The Easter Bunny, The Tooth Fairy, Leprechauns and all sorts of Fiction till my experience taught me these things do not exist. Did Jesus ever exist as a man? I don't know. I do know that the things that where taught by him (if he indeed existed) were and are good. If I am not against him, then I am for him.

Peace, Ltru

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
-- How To Know The Truth about ANY RELIGIOUS SYSTEM or Cult --

1. Jesus is God with us, He is God in the flesh. And the only way of salvation is through Jesus and Jesus alone which provides for our complete salvation.
2. The Bible and the Bible alone is the authoritative, final, and infallible word of the living God to His people.
3. Salvation is by God's grace alone. It is not found in any work or in any addition to Jesus or by belonging in a particular name brand group.

The Masonic Lodge:

Although they don't claim to be a religion, but they certainly have straight forward religious teachings, therefore they too must be measured in light of God's work.
1. What do Masons say about Jesus? - They say He is one of many ways of salvation. Jesus' name is not allowed to be spoken is most Masonic Lodges.
2. What do the Masons say about the Bible? - They say the Bible is one of three lights of masonry. It is only a part of the "universal word of God".
3. What do the Masons say about salvation? - If you've been to a masonic funeral, you know they proclaim that a man enters Heaven by being a good and faithful Mason.

On all three fundamentals, the Masonic Lodge fails.

The Bible warns us to guard our doctrine closely, to accurately handle the word of truth, and to speak clearly the deep truths of the faith. As together we strive to present the clear truth and accurate presentation of the Gospel of Jesus Christ in a world that is quickly growing darker and darker.

edit on 7-4-2012 by netgamer7k because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by netgamer7k

Yet another overly zealous Christian.

One of the fundamental teachings of freemasonry is acceptance of your fellow man. If that's a value that is unChristian, your probably hanging out with the wrong Christians.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2

Yet another overly zealous Christian.

One of the fundamental teachings of freemasonry is acceptance of your fellow man. If that's a value that is unChristian, your probably hanging out with the wrong Christians.

Freemasons are worldly people, just like everyone else who turns their back to God. Christians who trust the Bible should not make the focus of their lives of dabbling into carnal desires. "Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate," (1 Cor 6). It's okay as a Christian to accept other people as long as a Christian keeps his or her distance from their flesh-central lives. We're not to be giving in to temptations of sinful people. If that makes me a bigot, then that's what it is.

Freemasonry is a false religion because it says you can save yourself by your own self-righteousness. You think your little apron is going to make God think twice? It's silly.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Now your just trolling. My little apron is a symbol, nothing more.

Freemasonry is a fraternity, not a religion.

I can see there is no point in even trying with you. It's people like you who give Christians a bad name. You fundamentalists have no capacity for logical, rational thought. Your way, or the highway. So I choose the highway.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Why am I not surprised that some religious zealot is making wild, false accusations. Isn't it a sin to lie?

1. Lodges are not churches and it is not their place to have an opinion about Christ in any way. The salvation of our soul is not the business of the Lodge, that is left to our individual faith without the Lodge. Since the Blue Lodge is composed of men of different faiths it would be inappropriate to hold one persons faith above another so we use a generic term so that each may interpret in his own way.
2. The Bible is considered one of the 3 Great Lights of Freemasonry? Shouldn't it? The 3 Great Lights as with all symbols in Masonry impart something during the ceremony. Nowhere do we say that "It is only a part of the 'universal word of God'."
3. Nowhere do we say that just by being a Mason that you will enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

Worldly people are ones who have turned their back on God? Well, technically the word also means "sophisticated and experienced", so if being a knowledgeable person is wrong, then I don't want to be right. I do realize that you're trying to portray us as "materialist" or "humanist", or whatever, but it was an epic fail.

So being a Freemason means we are "dabbling in carnal desires"?
It is very apparent you do not know or realize what goes on during a Mason meeting.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason
So being a Freemason means we are "dabbling in carnal desires"?
It is very apparent you do not know or realize what goes on during a Mason meeting.
There are those among my lodge who might dabble in their carmel desires, but obesity is an epidemic that doesn't limit itself to Masons…

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingPanzergrenadier
reply to post by Fitzgibbon

Can you refute their evidence no. Allister Crowley was a mason and the father of modern satanism. Are You saying Dr. Jon Ankerberg is a liar.

Crowley was a liar and a fraud and only the ignorant and the gulliable took or take him seriously.....I have read quite abit about him and his writings. I see no genius beyond a much better then average ability to memorize and thus impress people who are easily impressed, yet he always lacks understanding in almost every topic. Also, all the different people responsible for the Satanist movement in this century started out within the Christian Church, so does this make Christianity evil? How is any organization responsible for all it's members? The vast vast majority of masons are among the best citizens in their communities, go out of their way to work on charities, and to help people and children in need. Many of our most cherished service groups in this country wer founded by masons. Even if he was made a mason on sight, that says sad things perhaps on the one willing to do so for him....but I do not see how that says much about the organization, as Crowley regularly sated he found mason to be boring and and simple...(I.E. he wanted to live Amoral, and Masonry is not okay with that)

Crowley claimed to have been made a Mason on "Sight" by a Grand Master of a state, and unique ability of many Grand Lodge grand masters........he never even claimed to have gone through the ritual....I honestly doubt he was even made one on sight....it has never been confirmed or proven and he is on no lodge record as having paid dues....if you can show otherwise, please do so........in any case as he lived with no morality, and followed total decadence he was clearly not a mason in practice, and any mason who behaved in his manner would quickly find himself removed from the lodge.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by rtyfx

Needs,....and how best to get them done. We of course spend time with the maintaining of the lodge, but main topics beyond that is what local organization is in need of help...and how might we aide them. Wether it be helping sick, needy, children especially those orphaned are always a priority. We will work with ANY organization to help them, be in Baptist, Catholic, Methodist etc...if they are working to help those in need we will help them do so to the best we are able.......we do not care what denomination they are apart of....granted most of our members are simply guys many are on fixed incomes so we can only give so much , but we try and give time...and let others know there is a need as well. Outside of lodge we have other functions and of course we will talk about politics and religion then, but never in a way to offend each other if we can help it...but being humans it happens, but if it does a mason is quick to apologize.....in any case we talk much about the sort of topics we see here on ATS truthfully...MANY MANY masons are well versed in conspiracy theories, many are vets with interesting stories....we love a good conspiracy story....but that is said outside of lodge, when we eat or are just talking.....lodge is formal, and about taking care of problems in our community, paying the bills, and seeing that those in true need get help.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Amen! You're speaking the truth brother.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by KingPanzergrenadier

You're apparently a stranger of truth.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

I know the truth you occultist. Read what former masons have said about your cult. Read what Dr. Walter Martin or Dr. John Macarthur have said about the evils of freemasonry. Somehow all the respectable theologians of our day in your view is lying. Watch the of brotherhood of darkness documentary, if you want to learn the truth.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by KingPanzergrenadier

Occultist? Me? Such a sharp tongue, too bad your mind doesn't follow that trait. Sure, I could be an "occultist" as "occult" simply means to hide or cover (ie secrecy). Secrecy isn't a bad thing and I will not feel ashamed for privacy as that is what secrecy is essentially.

Oh, I've seen what "former" Masons have said and for the most part they are just as confused about Freemasonry as I have debunked a great chunk of their accusations. The crap on the Ephesians forum and EMFJ website is laughable. Or my personal favorites are those like Bill Schnoebelen or Jim Shaw who fabricate or fluff their Masonic resume to then in turn defame the Fraternity. Sadly what some former Masons (now anti-Masons) say can be easily debunked with fact, and there are plenty of threads here to prove that...many times over. There is nothing you can post that most of us here have not seen.

Most "respectable" theologians you cite are using religion as a scare tactic against the Fraternity. I'm not a professional researcher, but I am thorough and have a fairly extensive library of Masonic literature. Most anti-Masons from my general observation are usually fascist in ideology and lack basic logic in arguments (you see a lot of non sequitur or circular arguments).

Let go of the hate and anger.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingPanzergrenadier
Watch the of brotherhood of darkness documentary, if you want to learn the truth.

NO, I decided to not be a puss and join for myself and find out the real truth.
But you go watch your You Tube vids. I am sure they are all really truthful. No need to sensationalize anything for the sake of getting hits. People like you deserve everything you believe.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

I think he believes "Eyes Wide Shut" is a documentary. It'd blow his mind if he knew what really goes on during a GP meeting.

Fitz

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Fitzgibbon

You masons are satanic trash! You continue to reject the truth! Watch Dr. Walter Martin debate a 32degree Freemason on the Jon Ankerberg show.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join