It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry is unChristian

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Govenor

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by Govenor

yes. he is. and by my account, still a very nice guy.

But you my man or Not A Nice Guy. Go In Peace.

oh, father Steve, that wasn't very nice. Silly Christians are supposed to love everyone. If you act like this, you are being (unchristian). Jesus would be making a sad face at you right now. Why not help Jesus turn that frown upside down? be nice.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Clearly he's a Satanist!!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by HattoriHanzou

Originally posted by Evangelical
I used to be a freemason and I had given the first degree lecture by memory, verbatim. After becoming Christian I decided to do the lecture again, I needed to relearn it and that is when Jesus unmade me as a Mason. Masonry is not compatible with Christianity because it teaches a false Gospel.

First it teaches you go to heaven because of yourown endeavours in a rectitude of conduct and purity of life. It teaches you are saved by a virtuous education. All this is false. The Gospel is clear, through Jesus Christ we are saved not through works.

It then replaces Jesus Christ with yourself. You are resurrected under the guise of Hiram Abiff. You are places in the north east corner because the cornerstone is first placed there? Or is it?

Jesus Christ is the corner stone, evidenced in Ephesians. The north east, the north being the right hand of God.

It may be harmless but if you want to go through the motions of the Christian life, then do it ad a Christian not as a Freemason.

For these reasons I don't think Christians should be Masons.

I was a mason for seven years and being called from it was a powerful and moving and humbling display of the power of Jesus Christ.

Masonry has existed since long before Christ, and since before Jehova adopted the Jews as his chosen people.

It's not anti-Christian but it surely isn't christian.

We believe that each person has their own right to their own religion, and that is for them alone to decide. We can discuss beliefs (but not in the lodge) but should not put people down for choosing one.

So, in answer, thank God Masonry isn't christian!

Do you honestly believe that? I'm a 32nd degree SR mason and I don't think our order is more than a few hundred years old at most. Certainly operative masons are much older, but our speculative brothers aren't. I think we are a relatively modern creation. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I see no evidence to suggest otherwise.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Masonry , nor the Shriners force any Man to do anything. It's done of that individuals OWN free will and accord.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I just read "Workman Unashamed". It's about being a Christian and a Freemason. The author makes great points to dispel the fanatics lies against the Craft.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.
They only believe in a supreme being and it doesn't seem to matter what the name of that being is. . ..

What's in a name? God and "good. Beliefs and Behaviour"

In the Greek and Hebrew original texts which form the "Christian Bible" there are approximately 50 different terms or names used to describe the tribal deity of the ancient Israelites, and none of these names are in common useage by English speaking or Roman Christians, and further the English term "God" or the Latin "Deus" does not appear anywhere in the original texts.

It really has very little to do with what language a religious fanatic speaks. For example throughout the Arabic world, Arabic Christians refer to the Biblical deity as "Allah" and the Arabic version of the Bible commonly substitutes "Allah" for the Hebrew and Greek names and terms used to refer to the god of the Israelites.

The "name" given to a deity in the world's many languages is largely irrelevant; even most spiritual Satanists define Satan as a being who loves humankind and human nature and to "God" as a Judeo-Christian demon who despises humankind and human nature; since most people define their deity as a definition of "goodness" it is really more important to attempt to understand how a religous fanatic defines "goodness" since that will be synonymous with thier definition of thier deity.

The Biblical deity is the obviously the definition of absolute goodness for Christians, however by the humanist definition of the Biblical deity which Richard Dawkins describes as "arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully" it would seem to me that whatever name the Christians give to their deity, it is clearly a diabolical human hating and human-nature-hating deity. Unfortunately our beliefs effect our attitudes and behaviour and if a religious fanatic accepts a definition of absolute goodness as described by Dawkins, it is entirely unsurprising when we find that Christians themselves are unjust, unforgiving control-freaks; vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleansers; misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bullies" and I think that the long history of Christianity is ample evidence of that.

Thus "true" Biblical fanatics would be unjust, unforgiving control-freaks; vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleansers; misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic and capriciously malevolent bullies" and the "false" Christans would be those who "cherry pick" and "quote mine" the Biblical texts to extract passages which are entirely harmless, innocent or in accord with humanistic values, such as the "Golden Rule" which can be found also in the writings of numerous pre-Christian and non Christian philosophers and writers and which seems to be entirely contradictory to ethos of the genocidal, tribalistic deity of the Bible.

Thus since the Freemasons are generally ideological Capitalists and genocidal Anglo-American Imperialist, state terrorist, narco-terrorist collaborators and apologists, I would consider them to have more in common with the diabolical Biblical deity than many of the proponents of competing forms of Christianity do; thus when a Christian refers to the Freemasons as "non-Christians" or even "anti-Christians" this is probably due to a lack of understanding of the Biblical deity by the Christian making such an accusation, and probably because such Christians themselves are not as sufficiently genocidally diabolical and sadistic as their Biblical deity is portrayed to be.

The worship of other deities, apart from the primitive and savage tribal deity of the ancient Israelites, or indeed any form of idolatry (including the worship of a human being as a deity, which almost all Christians are guilty) is not merely an executionable offence under Biblical law, but a genocidal offence, which demands the total extermination of entire tribes and nations which worship competing deities (apart from young female virgins who can be taken as sex slaves); thus if there were more "true" Biblical fanatics in the world, the problem of human population could be resolved as virtually the entire population of humankind could be exterminated. Oh what a loving god this Biblical god is. You can see why the genocidal Anglo-American Imperialists love him so much.

Lucifer
Inimucus deus eternus" (Eternal enemy of God)
Blasphemy, Heresy, War, Revolution, etc.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I think Jesus called me from being a freemason as He said Simon is now named Peter. I have not felt an urge to leave the lodge formally, by cancelling membership, and I have not gone to lodge in over half a year. Maybe I will witness to a brother or be called out layer, I don't know.

But I have a lot of fellows there who are like uncles to me, because I joined when I was 18. My first real job was for a guy I took the 2nd degree with side by side. He's now worshipful master.

But for me I cannot choose anything but Christ first.

Well, hey. You know there's something fishy when a brother makes you swear an oath to have your throat slit, guts ripped out etc..and then he claims that's brotherly love.

So, the next time you meet one of your masonic brothers, and he asks you to swear any of these oaths, you look into his eyes and simply say, "Repent, Brother, Jesus saves !".

In other words, when he shows you "his love", you return the favor and show him "your love".

If he doesn't accept "your love", why should you accept "his love".

Obviously, there's a different standard of love being bandied about the lodge.

But, there's no reason you can't try to influence the brothers with your truth.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by PHABRUH4LIFE
Masonry , nor the Shriners force any Man to do anything. It's done of that individuals OWN free will and accord.

Nah..there are punishments for violating oaths etc...so there is coercion inherent in masonry.

You tell a man you'll slit his throat if...then say well you have the freedom to...but remember the oath !

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
It's really too bad that both Masons and Christians follow the same scumbag evil god.
edit on 18-9-2011 by In nothing we trust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Good thread, but massive derailment.

I used to be a freemason and I had given the first degree lecture by memory, verbatim. After becoming Christian I decided to do the lecture again, I needed to relearn it and that is when Jesus unmade me as a Mason. Masonry is not compatible with Christianity because it teaches a false Gospel.
First it teaches you go to heaven because of your own endeavours in a rectitude of conduct and purity of life. It teaches you are saved by a virtuous education. All this is false. The Gospel is clear, through Jesus Christ we are saved not through works.
It then replaces Jesus Christ with yourself. You are resurrected under the guise of Hiram Abiff. You are places in the north east corner because the cornerstone is first placed there? Or is it?
Jesus Christ is the corner stone, evidenced in Ephesians. The north east, the north being the right hand of God.
It may be harmless but if you want to go through the motions of the Christian life, then do it ad a Christian not as a Freemason.
For these reasons I don't think Christians should be Masons.
I was a mason for seven years and being called from it was a powerful and moving and humbling display of the power of Jesus Christ.

Evangelical is clearly focused on the Gospel or Ministry of Jesus Christ and has taken it to heart. There are some Christians who strictly follow the way that Christ preached and only follow what the Bible contains.
It has probably become a moral and spiritual fork in the road, especially if he has been raised as a "Christian".

The title of the thread seems to be inflammatory and with little tact.

To be an upstanding citizen, live with a strong moral compass and a square honest life one can also follow these scriptures, but certainly not only these.
Galatians 5:22 -25, "22 On the other hand, the fruitage of the spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith, 23 mildness, self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Moreover, those who belong to Christ Jesus impaled the flesh together with its passions and desires. 25 If we are living by spirit, let us go on walking orderly also by spirit. 26 Let us not become egotistical, stirring up competition with one another, envying one another."

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

I think Jesus called me from being a freemason as He said Simon is now named Peter. I have not felt an urge to leave the lodge formally, by cancelling membership, and I have not gone to lodge in over half a year. Maybe I will witness to a brother or be called out layer, I don't know.

But I have a lot of fellows there who are like uncles to me, because I joined when I was 18. My first real job was for a guy I took the 2nd degree with side by side. He's now worshipful master.

Evangelical: Brother I support your decision. First off I am a born again, bible believing very active member of my church. I love Jesus and don't mind telling people. I am also a 32 degree Scottish Rite member. So when I refer to you as Brother you understand what I mean. I too asked the same questions as you did and came to the conclusion that the beliefs taught to me, the understanding I have of them and the pratical application of those beliefs; Friendship, Morality, and Brotherly Love, do not contradict my biblical teachings but on the contrary reinforce them. If a brother shuts you out for your beliefs of Christ first, then he should be the one "called" out. You witness and follow the Holy Spirit as he lead you.

Bro. Mike

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by DRAZIW

Well, hey. You know there's something fishy when a brother makes you swear an oath to have your throat slit, guts ripped out etc..and then he claims that's brotherly love.

So, the next time you meet one of your masonic brothers, and he asks you to swear any of these oaths, you look into his eyes and simply say, "Repent, Brother, Jesus saves !".

In other words, when he shows you "his love", you return the favor and show him "your love".

If he doesn't accept "your love", why should you accept "his love".

Obviously, there's a different standard of love being bandied about the lodge.

But, there's no reason you can't try to influence the brothers with your truth.

I could go into an explanation of how the penalties are symbolic, and explain how if they were literal, you might be able to find evidence of masonic murders since our secrets are all over the internet, but that would take some critical thinking on your part, and clearly you are not capable of that in your bible frenzied state.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I could go into an explanation of how the penalties are symbolic, and explain how if they were literal, you might be able to find evidence of masonic murders since our secrets are all over the internet, but that would take some critical thinking on your part, and clearly you are not capable of that in your bible frenzied state.

Ah ha! And Morgan ran to Canada to "escape" those same "symbolic" oaths. But, even he succumbed to them !

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DRAZIW
Ah ha! And Morgan ran to Canada to "escape" those same "symbolic" oaths. But, even he succumbed to them !

There is no evidence that Morgan 'succumbed' to anything. His alleged 'corpse' was positively identified by a Canadian widow as being of her missing husband as the clothes were his and not Morgan's. The tale is mostly apocryphal.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by DRAZIW

A-HA! the old Captain Morgan reference. So you believe that he single handedly exposed masonry, everyone believed him, and nobody since then has spilled the beans? BTW, I have a prime real estate opportunity for you. There is the bridge in Brooklyn I have been interested in unloading......

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

There is the bridge in Brooklyn I have been interested in unloading......

I almost feel bad that I sold it to you.....

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

When you threw in that bag of magic tea leaves, I just couldn't resist!
Best sweet tea ever.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

When you threw in that bag of magic tea leaves, I just couldn't resist!
Best sweet tea ever.
We all know the northern Masons all really wanted Capt. Morgan for his spiced rum…

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

There is no evidence that Morgan 'succumbed' to anything. His alleged 'corpse' was positively identified by a Canadian widow as being of her missing husband as the clothes were his and not Morgan's. The tale is mostly apocryphal.

Homines libenter quod volunt credunt.

edit on 18/9/2011 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saurus
Homines libenter quod volunt credunt.

Terentius.

Historia est vitae magistra.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join